• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Isn't there an easier way? I thought I had read of a method other than the shiny ditto trick. I am unable to trade pokemon between my Gold and RBY because I lack the proper hardware. Is there a certain method or formula in determining the IVs for baby pokemon, depending on the IVs of the parent pokemon?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Isn't there an easier way? I thought I had read of a method other than the shiny ditto trick. I am unable to trade pokemon between my Gold and RBY because I lack the proper hardware. Is there a certain method or formula in determining the IVs for baby pokemon, depending on the IVs of the parent pokemon?

Unfortunately, that is the easiest way. You can always use your Gyarados to breed something.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Catching all Pokemon help

Hello everyone my brother and I have decided to play the old Pokemon blue, red and yellow games and catch all pokemons. Can you tell do I need to play all 3 to get them all? thanks and have a nice day

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Hi. Unless you're fine with erasing the save file after completing half of the game, yes, you'll need to play all three because of the three Eevelutions (since you only get one Eevee per game) .

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Hi! To collect all the Pokemon, you have to get all 3 versions as each version has its own pokemon exclusives. For example, Red has Ekans while Blue has Pinsir. Another alternative is to use the VBA Emulator and cheat to get them all, although it would take the fun out of the game! :)

vaporeon7

Years
You really only need Red and Blue to get everything, but that'd mean you'd have to restart once, or clone your Eevee, or perform the Mew glitch, but make it so you get Eevee (or an Eeveelution) instead. If you have Stadium, you can get all the choice Pokémon there anyway, and if you have Stadium 2, you could always get to Celadon City around the 2nd Gym by abusing the trade item feature.

Or if you really wanted you could just play one game and do the Mew glitch to get every Pokémon you need from other games.

Years
Guys, advice pls. I was going to play all Pokemon games, starting with the oldest.I was going to start with Pokemon Yellow, but I have no idea when will I be able to get it (I am not giving xyz$ for it on ebay), however I might be able to get Blue soon. But, as far as I know, Yellow is much better, in many different ways, I dont think I will feel like playing whole storyline on Blue, and then again the same thing on Yellow. Should I just wait to get Yellow or? :D

vaporeon7

Years
Guys, advice pls. I was going to play all Pokemon games, starting with the oldest.I was going to start with Pokemon Yellow, but I have no idea when will I be able to get it (I am not giving xyz$ for it on ebay), however I might be able to get Blue soon. But, as far as I know, Yellow is much better, in many different ways, I dont think I will feel like playing whole storyline on Blue, and then again the same thing on Yellow. Should I just wait to get Yellow or? :D

They're not all that different. Personally I would play Blue and then once I get Yellow, play that. Also Gold/Silver/Crystal go off the events of Red/Blue more than Yellow imo. I wouldn't worry too much about not wanting to finish the whole storyline either. It can be finished comfortably in 10 hours. I've even done it in under 4 (don't do that though, it was painful). I suppose if you play both, you get to use a wider variety of Pokémon.

Years
Thanks. But it still worries me that I won't feel like doing the whole story again. I REALLY want to, but I don't think I will, especially with Crystal being another extension to the whole Kanto region, and since I am going to play Emerald after that, and then again fire red and soul silver. Simply I don't want to get sick of Kanto lol, and even worse, Pokemon all together.

If anyone is selling or giving away (ya right) pkmn Yellow, pm me! :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Ok I'm playing yellow, and I have got to Lavender Town and in the pokemon tower even though I know it won't do anything (I played yellow when I was about 5) I tried attacking one of the ghosts for the fun of it and the ghost said 'Get out... Get out......' And I honestly can't remember if its normal. Cuase I have read about all the messed up rumurs with lavender town and I know there fake but now Lavender is just scaring me, I'm honestly freaked out.... I mean I never rember being creeped out with the game when I was younger so am I just paranoid and scaring myself. I know it sounds stupid but it took me ages to get to Lavender town as my game kept freezing it the cartridge came out. I just need to know if its normal for ghosts to talk I can't find anything online.

vaporeon7

Years
Ok I'm playing yellow, and I have got to Lavender Town and in the pokemon tower even though I know it won't do anything (I played yellow when I was about 5) I tried attacking one of the ghosts for the fun of it and the ghost said 'Get out... Get out......' And I honestly can't remember if its normal. Cuase I have read about all the messed up rumurs with lavender town and I know there fake but now Lavender is just scaring me, I'm honestly freaked out.... I mean I never rember being creeped out with the game when I was younger so am I just paranoid and scaring myself. I know it sounds stupid but it took me ages to get to Lavender town as my game kept freezing it the cartridge came out. I just need to know if its normal for ghosts to talk I can't find anything online.

That's totally normal, you need to get the Silph Scope from the Rocket Hideout in Celadon City and they'll turn into Haunter, Gastly and Cubone.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
uhhh, I was wondering.
is the pokemon in the odd egg decided when you get the egg itself, or when it hatches?

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Game wont save?

Hi, so I fixed 3 Pokemon games (Yellow, Blue, Red) and changed the batterie and used electric tape. put the screw back in etc. Yellow has worked fine this whole time ( nearly a year.) Blue and Red have re-set though even though I fixed it with the same type of batterie (brand new) what can I do to make sure it doesn't reset again? it's annoying.

Pinta77

Strange. This might sound stupid, but is the battery in the right way? Only other thing I can think of is maybe a part is broken.

Try doing some research on the internet. See if anyone else has the same problem. I just did a quick google search but didn't see anything right off the bat =/

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I'm scared now my Red won't save someday & the file will be corrupted... then all the Pokemon I've grown attached to & all the time spent training & working with all of them will be gone :(

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I'm scared now my Red won't save someday & the file will be corrupted... then all the Pokemon I've grown attached to & all the time spent training & working with all of them will be gone :(

If you can find the means to, you could always dump your save file onto the computer. In addition you could also use a Mega Memory Card to back up your save, though I'm not sure how those work since I've never used one before.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
If you can find the means to, you could always dump your save file onto the computer. In addition you could also use a Mega Memory Card to back up your save, though I'm not sure how those work since I've never used one before.

I'm not sure how to do any of that but I'll definitely do some research & give it a shot, thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back