• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Legendary Dogs

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
In my original Gold cartridge I ran into Entei when I defeated Elite 4 the first time and left New Bark Town into the grasses.

Not much luck with this Silver. Urgh :(

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
If you go through the Gate House to 39 when it's there it won't change the route, that way you can influence it. Or just check every time you step onto the route to see if it's on the one you're standing on.

They actually DO change routes when you go into the gatehouse and out though.

Anyway found Entei. The other 2 are still stubborn.

rhydon91

THE Pokemon Master
Years
Help Finding Entei

Hi! I am trying to find Entei but am having a hard time. I have never seen Entei yet, so I cannot track it with the Pokedex. My two questions I have are:

1) What causes it to change Routes? Entering buildings? Flying? Riding your bike? Etc?
2) Is there any specific way it moves across Johto. Like clockwise, counter clockwise or just random?

I plan to use my Master Ball on it as soon as I find it. And I already found and caught Suicnue and Raikou by sheer luck.

Any help is welcome! Thank you!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey! :) I merged this in with our ~how to find the dogs~ thread which may have useful tips for you. This is probably the best advice we all have in order to find it. I'm sorry it is taking so long! :(

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Hi! I am trying to find Entei but am having a hard time. I have never seen Entei yet, so I cannot track it with the Pokedex. My two questions I have are:

1) What causes it to change Routes? Entering buildings? Flying? Riding your bike? Etc?
2) Is there any specific way it moves across Johto. Like clockwise, counter clockwise or just random?

I plan to use my Master Ball on it as soon as I find it. And I already found and caught Suicnue and Raikou by sheer luck.

Any help is welcome! Thank you!

As far as I am concerned, getting on and off bike doesn't change their route.
Flying randomize them again, and entering and leaving buildings and entering and exiting routes/ towns change where they are.
Ecruteak City is the easiest place I read.
So far only had luck with Entei, we are on the exact opposite; Wish we could trade or battle online for the dex details.

rhydon91

THE Pokemon Master
Years
Thanks for all the responses so far! I have thought of a couple more questions!

1) Does it make a difference it its day or night for them to appear?
2) Will they appear in all Tall Grass fields or do you have to check each and every patch on every Route? By which I mean, if its on Route 34, will it appear in the first patch you walk into? Or do you have to check each of the 7 patches?

Hopefully together, we can catch them!

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
Thanks for all the responses so far! I have thought of a couple more questions!

1) Does it make a difference it its day or night for them to appear?
2) Will they appear in all Tall Grass fields or do you have to check each and every patch on every Route? By which I mean, if its on Route 34, will it appear in the first patch you walk into? Or do you have to check each of the 7 patches?

Hopefully together, we can catch them!

1. The time of day doesn't matter. You can catch them whenever.

2. Just run into any patch of grass on the route while they're in the area and they should appear. Especialky if you use a repel and have a pokemon who is level 39 or below as the first pokemon in your party.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Not much luck with this Silver. Urgh :(

Ah yes, Silver with engrish, 5 letters for pokemon, stupid pokedex entries and the translators thinking Red is Ash :P

Yeah i played the fan translated rom of Pokemon Silver

Last edited:

rhydon91

THE Pokemon Master
Years
I was finally able to find Entei by walking back and forth between Routes 30 and 31, near where Youngster Joey is. Get an encounter on 30, got to 31, get an encounter, go back to 30. Didn't take that long either. Hope this helps! Good luck to anyone still looking!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
Where are you Entei? Why can't I find you? Why have you gone away?

So I've played through Silver and Gold a few times and each time I've run into Raiku and Suicune plenty of times but Entei is nowhere to be found. Is he supposed to be more rare than the others or is it just my luck? Also does anyone have any tips on finding the lendary dogs if they are not in your pokedex. The other two were registered since I found them before so it was easier to find them. With Entei I don't know where to even begin... I just run around Johto like a boob...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Merged your thread into this as there IS handy info here... just a shame you haven't found it yet :( Anyone else have any ideas?

Back