• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Random Doodle Stuffs

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
Years
Don't really know what to say here...
I guess a bit about this? Basically, I've been doing digital art for a year now... specifically, August of last year. Though I've been stuck with a mouse till I bought a tablet last May... So yeah :rambo:

Oh, and just a tidbit~ I used to be active in the forums (trading thread to be exact) back during the time of gen IV, I guess that's 2009-2010? Anyway, I just got my Black a few week ago... so... I'M BACK :D (tis my first time in this part of the forums though XD)

In any case, I'll be dumping my sketches and other drawings here...:bandit:

BEWARE: Large images are large >.<

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Gonna add more later... O^O

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I think you have a nice illustration style. This isn't just based off of what you posted, but I checked out your comic link, too. Read the whole thing, in fact (not that it took very long :)). I really like Pokemon comics that have a lighthearted approach, and was kind of wondering if people here had any.

Anyway, how old are these pics you posted? Based on the dates your comic was posted on, I'd like to see how much farther you've come along in your art.

I'm interested in whatever else you have (you wouldn't happen to have any Nido drawings, would you? :3)!

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
Years
I think you have a nice illustration style. This isn't just based off of what you posted, but I checked out your comic link, too. Read the whole thing, in fact (not that it took very long :)). I really like Pokemon comics that have a lighthearted approach, and was kind of wondering if people here had any.

Anyway, how old are these pics you posted? Based on the dates your comic was posted on, I'd like to see how much farther you've come along in your art.

I'm interested in whatever else you have (you wouldn't happen to have any Nido drawings, would you? :3)!

Thanks~ XD Those comics were a pain to do though... I first have to draw it traditionally, scan it, make the lineart on MS paint and color it on Photoshop... but I do everything in SAI now. Though without the effects in Photoshop, I can't really get myself to continue the story... ^^"

Anyway, the lineless one was just made last night cause I was watching this Pokemon short while taking a break from this drawing I was making XP Though, yeah, as you can see, I didn't put any effort on that one cause I just made it to relax a bit... as for the rest... I think I made them a few months ago? The latest from the three (Bulbasaur) was last October <_<

I'll try to post some other stuff here when I find time to :D (by Nido, do you mean Nidoran family? Cause I don't, but I can make quick sketches if you like XD)

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I had a feeling the Bulbasaur was one of your more recent pictures. And I've never really noticed it before, but the lineless one seems to use the same Pokemon as the main characters in your comic (but they're clearly not the same people).

Yeah, Nidoran family's what I meant. Don't feel obligated to draw them, though, I was only asking in case you had done a or two pic already. If you want to, cool, but I don't typically make requests, in that it puts pressure on the artist. Some people are fine with it, others not so much, so I never really know.

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
Years
I had a feeling the Bulbasaur was one of your more recent pictures. And I've never really noticed it before, but the lineless one seems to use the same Pokemon as the main characters in your comic (but they're clearly not the same people).

Yeah, Nidoran family's what I meant. Don't feel obligated to draw them, though, I was only asking in case you had done a or two pic already. If you want to, cool, but I don't typically make requests, in that it puts pressure on the artist. Some people are fine with it, others not so much, so I never really know.
Actually, it was kind of a coincidence that they happen to be the same Pokemon XD Like I mentioned, I was watching this Pokemon short, and I saw Meowth... and felt like drawing him. Then I wanted a companion for Meowth and ended up with those two XD

Anyway... I tried drawing Nidoran anyway :P Just a quick sketch doodle thing...^^"
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
omg that Nidoran is just precious!

That's very impressive for just a quick doodle! I have no idea about the comic strip you guys are talking about, but if it's half as good as what you've posted so far I'd love to see it! :3

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
Years
omg that Nidoran is just precious!

That's very impressive for just a quick doodle! I have no idea about the comic strip you guys are talking about, but if it's half as good as what you've posted so far I'd love to see it! :3

Thanks~:D Though I couldn't really say it would turn out any different from an actual pic other than maybe... cleaner lines and such? XD

Anyway, the comics are on my siggy if you're interested... it's really messy though and an old work so... ^^"

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Hey, Nidoran is not angry! That alone makes it worth a million. I really like it, too. I also like the Christmas Pichu/Picha.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/Pikaboo2000/RandomCharmaaaan_zpscc804cbe.png
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/Pikaboo2000/RandomBuuuulba_zps07ec1a0f.png

Out of all your works, these are probably the ones I like the most. Your style is unique with that peculiar way of drawing eyes and all but I find it befitting these pieces the most. They don't look out of the place even a little bit. Not saying they do in other pieces but..they look a little better in these, imo. Apart from that, I really like the poses and the colors in them. Like how charmander looks so freakin innocent while bulbasaur looks bad-arse. <3;

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/Pikaboo2000/Delete_zpsfde0cd44.png
Not particularly a fan of the extremes here as far as the limbs are concerned, tbh. Meowth's are too long while others' have them too short. That's just me, tho. :[ But yeah, pic is cute overall.

Overall, really good stuff. Keep it up!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
the drawings are so cute especially the first ones you posted. i would suggest working on the way you position the shadows and lighting. make sure you're focusing on where the light is coming from and working from there.
can't wait to see more~

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
Years
Oh wow I've been gone for so long XD //mostly cause I lost track of this thread >_<
I haven't done much Pokemon art (if any) lately, but here's some I've done over the past year I guess XP

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/Pikaboo2000/RandomCharmaaaan_zpscc804cbe.png
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/Pikaboo2000/RandomBuuuulba_zps07ec1a0f.png

Out of all your works, these are probably the ones I like the most. Your style is unique with that peculiar way of drawing eyes and all but I find it befitting these pieces the most. They don't look out of the place even a little bit. Not saying they do in other pieces but..they look a little better in these, imo. Apart from that, I really like the poses and the colors in them. Like how charmander looks so freakin innocent while bulbasaur looks bad-arse. <3;

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/Pikaboo2000/Delete_zpsfde0cd44.png
Not particularly a fan of the extremes here as far as the limbs are concerned, tbh. Meowth's are too long while others' have them too short. That's just me, tho. :[ But yeah, pic is cute overall.

Overall, really good stuff. Keep it up!
Thanks, I'll keep those in mind >w<

the drawings are so cute especially the first ones you posted. i would suggest working on the way you position the shadows and lighting. make sure you're focusing on where the light is coming from and working from there.
can't wait to see more~
Thank you ^_^ Lately, I've been focusing more on learning anatomy and coloring... though I've read some shadow and lighting tutorials before >w<

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Wow, it really has been a while. Granted, I remember the comics (early as there are) most of all, but it's almost like looking at two different galleries.

Still looking good, I'd say. The one I like most is the Pokemon stack, seems like it probably took some time to get it done. And don't feel too bummed about not posting in forever. I'd guarantee that's about how 40% or more of us tend to be.

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
Years
Wow, it really has been a while. Granted, I remember the comics (early as there are) most of all, but it's almost like looking at two different galleries.

Still looking good, I'd say. The one I like most is the Pokemon stack, seems like it probably took some time to get it done. And don't feel too bummed about not posting in forever. I'd guarantee that's about how 40% or more of us tend to be.

Thanks XD And yeah, that did take some time... though I'm not really sure how long since I felt lazy after finishing the initial sketch. Took a few days before I came back to open the file to line and color everything else ^ ^"

I made another simple cell-shaded sketch last night just cause I felt like drawing Pokemon XD
Spoiler:

And I forgot about this XD
Another colored cell-shaded sketch I made around the time Mega evolutions were revealed... Kinda drew it cause I was annoyed at how people were already being negative about Mega Evolutions when they haven't even tried it out yet =-=
Spoiler:

Back