• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
Years
I ask this again. I think there's wrong in A-Text. When I edit some text(the once I already edited like Oak's intro, Rival intro, the starter texts, etc.) , it erases all events in a map instead of changing the text. How can I fix it and how can I completely edit those texts?

Darke Hawke

Trainer of the Shadows
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2008
can anyone make custom hero pics and sprites or have any they wish to share?

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
help

in firered i decided to change gary starter to and evee and i did. also i open pet and changed all his bulbasuar charmander etc to evees but when i battle him it is not and evee it is just his charmandr or his other starters please help me to make stay and evee. only the match with gary in prof oaks lab is when gary has a evvee all other times he does not have one.

please help

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I ask this again. I think there's wrong in A-Text. When I edit some text(the once I already edited like Oak's intro, Rival intro, the starter texts, etc.) , it erases all events in a map instead of changing the text. How can I fix it and how can I completely edit those texts?

If you get such problems you better use a hex editor which supports table for editing those texts.

How do you export pallettes in UNLZ?

You can't. With unLZ you can only export images. Using some graphics-related program such as Photoshop, though, you can open the exported images and export their palettes.

can anyone make custom hero pics and sprites or have any they wish to share?

Did you look in the ROM Hacking Resource thread?

in firered i decided to change gary starter to and evee and i did. also i open pet and changed all his bulbasuar charmander etc to evees but when i battle him it is not and evee it is just his charmandr or his other starters please help me to make stay and evee. only the match with gary in prof oaks lab is when gary has a evvee all other times he does not have one.

Well, you could try the latest version of A-Starter. That should do the job.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
help

Well, you could try the latest version of A-Starter. That should do the job.[/QUOTE]

it did not work i was trying to say that only the battle in prof oaks lab he has an evvee all the other battles he does not have an evvee

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2007
anybodey known how i insert a tiles like that one:
custom1wj0.png

to my game?
please

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
it did not work i was trying to say that only the battle in prof oaks lab he has an evvee all the other battles he does not have an evvee

A-Starter is only designed to edit starters. It's not a trainer editor program.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
*~*TwiLiTeDaRkRai*~* said:
can anyone tell me the offstes in APE for FR OW palletes?

The main OW FR offset is 0x35B968

light_trainer921 said:
How can I change Charizard's cry in the FR titlescreen using hex?

Search for 0601 in hex and then do a trial and error until you get another cry ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2010
Help playing game

I need help in actually playing my hack all i get when i load it is a white screen which never loads

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
abbott said:
I need help in actually playing my hack all i get when i load it is a white screen which never loads

1. You have to set Options> Emulator>Save Type> Flash 128K.

2. You rom is buggy so you might need to get a new one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
thethethethe said:
I want to manually re-point something in a hex editor. I'm just not sure how would I do that. Could someone please tell me? Thanks.

Well to find the pointer of the offset is simple. Let's say you want to read Text at offset 0x123475, but the last text is at offset 0x859487. To find the pointer you just use byte reversal so the pointer of the last text will be 879485, just put 753412 for the text you want and then it should work ;)

Years
Well to find the pointer of the offset is simple. Let's say you want to read Text at offset 0x123475, but the last text is at offset 0x859487. To find the pointer you just use byte reversal so the pointer of the last text will be 879485, just put 753412 for the text you want and then it should work ;)

That's not really what I meant. AS an example, lets say that... I want to re-point the weedle sprite to a pikachu, how would I go about doing that manually, in a hex editor.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2010
Ok i fixed the save thing to flash 128

but when i load it now it comes up with

unknown opcode dd at 0120

any ideas on fixing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back