• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Old Are Alder & Cynthia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I was just watching an episode of Pokemon where Alder was hitting on Cynthia! I always thought Alder to be around 50, and Cynthia to be no more than 30!
Is there any official age for these characters? I couldn't find anything on Bulbapedia.
How old do you think they are?

Years
Honestly, I think Alder's in his 40s, and Cynthia is in her 20s. And I don't think he was 'hitting', on her. They are both champions you know. If they actually 'hit' on people, Ash would probably be with Misty, May, or Dawn.

Maced

Bad Egg
Years
This is were you get creative!

To some, Alder could in his fifties, maybe even sixties. To others he could even be in his twenties! If you want my opinion, I think Alder is fourty-seven, just a tad shy from his middle age, and Cynthia is thirty-four, still youthful, but full of experience. It's just how I see the character designs. I could be way off from what the designers had in mind. I mean they set Ash as a ten-year old, but to me he looks fourteen, maybe even a fifteen year old, But he definitely does not look like a sixteen year old to me...that would be Brock.

Information like that is rarely given out, but it's really cool to think of stuff like that.

Edit: I like your avatar Miss Anne, really made me chuckle. Ha-ha.

Years
I always thought of Alder as somewhere around 35-40 years old, and Cynthia as around 20-25.
It's all up to your creativity, just like Maced said above.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Well, he does have Benga as a grandson, and he was supposed to be retired until the Team Plasma business came up in Black/White. So I'd say he's a cool old guy around 60-70 years old.

Sir Codin

Pokemon Wiki has some questionable information and even more questionable reliability of the sources of said information.

I'd personally peg Alder in his late-40's to early 50's. Cynthia, I'd say late 20's at the most.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I'd say that Cynthia's at her mid 20s to the late 20s, Alder looks like 50 something, he seriously looks older than I thought when I first saw him in the game.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Cynthia is really young, at my prediction it's 26. Alder looks not THAT old, I would say 53.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'd say that Alder's around 50-60 while Cynthia's around 30. Alder must be around that age as he has a grandson in the games (not sure if he does in the anime). People's hair usually turn grey when they are older, and Alder's hairdo is still its spunky red-and-orange. xD That could mean that he is not that old. 70 is a little out of the question if you ask me.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
I would guess that Alder is in his fifties or sixties - at least in the games. After all, he is a grandfather. He could be younger in the anime (though if Benga appears that could change). Alder's hair is still reddish, but then again, he could be using dye to even out any gray spots.

Cynthia is probably around 30 or so. She might be younger in the Gen 4 games, since there is a time gap between DPPt and BW.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Hmm...interesting question. Well, if they ever introduce Alder's in-game grandson into the anime, I'd say he's in-between his 50's and 60's. As for Cynthia, my guess would be she's in her late 20's, early 30's.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Alder, to me, looks to be in his 50's, and Cynthia would be in her 20's, likely.

I don't think it's so weird for him to be hitting on her, because it's one thing to flirt, and another thing entirely to actually be dating her. He likely finds her attractive, but knows that he would never actually date her.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I think Alder is around 45-60 years old. He seems to experienced and he also has a grandson who's at least 10 years old so I'd say more around 55-60 if anything. I'd say Cynthia is in her 30s cause she looks I bit older to be in her 20s. Maybe late 20s though cause in the anime her grandmother looks like she could be in her mid 60s or 70s.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
My guess is that Alder is at least 65. Seeing as he can't remember names after shortly hearing them. That, and he has a grandson. Cynthia seems to be a young blood she's probably anywhere in between 23 to 38. But I could be wrong she could be older than this but my guess is that she's still a young blood.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 17, 2016
I was just watching an episode of Pokemon where Alder was hitting on Cynthia! I always thought Alder to be around 50, and Cynthia to be no more than 30!
Is there any official age for these characters? I couldn't find anything on Bulbapedia.
How old do you think they are?

I would choose Marriland Wiki (another pokemon wiki) for your search, For one, Marriland is more thorough than bulbapedia and they have confirmed the ages
Cynthia: 22
Alder: 45 or more

Last edited:
Years
Hey there, unfortunately this thread's been dead for over three years (last post March 2013) so it's considered inactive. Feel free to remake it though if you'd like to get the discussion going again!

Thanks much, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back