• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: What is a post?

Lil.lady.k

Waifer Koruni
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 16, 2020
This isnt any kind of complaint or issue, and i know ive already posted under this category thingy so i apologize if im annoying but i just dont understand what to do on a forum? How do you post a picture here outside of albums and is a post like an instagram post or is it only a comment?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. Since I'm familiar with Facebook, I'll use that as an example:

Facebook status: Think of this as a thread. A thread is a sequence of responses to an initial message posting. So in this instance, your thread would be the status.
Facebook comments: Think of these as individual posts that add to the topic of the main thread. Comments can be pictures, your personal thoughts, etc. In the terms of internet forums, these would be called posts.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited:

Lil.lady.k

Waifer Koruni
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 16, 2020
Oh i understand now! Thank you sir! Pardon me for asking but how do you post pictures outside of an album?

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Oh i understand now! Thank you sir! Pardon me for asking but how do you post pictures outside of an album?

The best thing to do is upload them to an image hosting site. The most popular one is Imgur. Once you upload it, hover over your uploaded image and click "get share links." The string under BBCode (Forums) is the one you want. If you have the link for an image already, using this button, a pop-up should appear asking for the url or the link to your image and click ok. It should give you something like this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/LaubvNe.png[/img]

Last edited:

Lil.lady.k

Waifer Koruni
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 16, 2020
The best thing to do is upload them to an image hosting site. The most popular one is Imgur. Once you upload it, hover over your uploaded image and click "get share links." The string under BBCode (Forums) is the one you want. If you have the link for an image already, using this button, a pop-up should appear asking for the url or the link to your image and click ok. It should give you something like this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/LaubvNe.png[/img]

Im sorry, i hit this button and it took me to lightshot which screenshot something and posted it somewhere. I could not find the upload button

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Its ok. It doesnt matter. Somethings wrong with it because it just takes a screenshot or something. Thank you for everything else though!

The links lead to a screenshot to show you what you what button you should be pressing to get your desired result.

Back