• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I'm all for that Skymin. Probably get some veterans on it to act out certain parts and just mod the place so that there are no bullies and such.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Cue wild Greiger. Wild Greiger used IDEA! Ahaha, this sounds interesting. I don't see why things would get out of hand if the thread is moderated. Make it be!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cue wild Greiger. Wild Greiger used IDEA! Ahaha, this sounds interesting. I don't see why things would get out of hand if the thread is moderated. Make it be!

The idea actually came from the great and wonderful Ichiro, not Greiger. Though I'm sure the dude will contribute to it if/when he gets the chance, this is 雷影 イチロ's brainchild.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The idea actually came from the great and wonderful Ichiro, not Greiger. Though I'm sure the dude will contribute to it if/when he gets the chance, this is 雷影 イチロ's brainchild.

who cares lol :D

Have we ever had "bullies" in the RP Corner? We're so cuddly and friendly here. Or maybe I've just ignored the ones that existed at some point.

Btw hasn't there been really few new RPs created lately? *notices thanks to the library* Hopefully that is because many aren't dying and focusing on thriving on and finishing instead!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Oooh, nice then Ichiro. Then if anything Ichiro should be the one in charge and if he wants can have staff helping him cause if anything, there will be times when lots of rpers come into that thread and he could be out for the day or such. Anyways, it'll be a learning experience!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I actually fail to see the problem in this idea? This was actually something over in Other Trivia (Forum Games now) and it had people who didn't even normally roleplay join. So I don't think people in the RPC will actually cause problems considering most of us are more experienced than the ones in the Other Trivia version.

The only reason it wasn't posted here was because it didn't really follow some of RPC's rules. But those were short posts and the like, so there shouldn't be too much problem here.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
That idea is a very good one, it should be done. Not only will it help new RP'ers, but it would be more likely to draw in potential RP'ers, and for those who go away for a while, they can use that RP to get back in the swing of things, and will develop skills and make the people on here better, which is good(?).

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Have we ever had "bullies" in the RP Corner?

We totally have. I think the discrepancy is that often-times issues are kept local or even straight up private instead of erupting into a drama-fest that drags the entire RP corner's attention to it. I know this because there've been several occasions where I've been asked to help find solutions for such incidents. It does say nice things about our community that we can handle it that way though. There's no such thing as perfect communities, so how a community handles the issues that /do/ arise is what really demonstrates it's quality.

@雷影 イチロ: Thanks for explaining that in a clear manner. As a matter of fact I don't think I had fully grasped what you had in mind from the post I was responding to and I apologize for... that. However, you just brought an entirely separate concern to the table. Are you going to treat your RPers as poorly as you just treated me? All I was trying to do was provide constructive criticism for the explicit purposes of trying to help you make sure your RP avoids a roadblock I've seen similar RPs hit in the past. Suddenly, I'm an incompetent cynicist who can't handle complex thoughts? "Hey, so... That's a pretty reasonable reaction, huh?"

This isn't about me and some hidden grudge. I'm a far cry from the first person you've treated this way on the RPC and if you asked me, given that I'm not a moderator and thus my interpretation of the rules is of debatable value, /that attitude/ is the only thing that's inappropriate for this forum. I feel that if you continue to treat your fellow RPers, never mind the RPers that look up to you as an authority figure, with this much disrespect it will have a significant impact on the ability of your RP to be successful--And that's speaking optimistically. The RP concept you introduced is great. It's a classic and I think it has a lot of potential--But y'know what would suck? If something else just /undermined/ that strong base concept.

I'm a strong advocate of trusting people to behave and giving people the benefit of the doubt--I've got two RPs that stand as testaments to the fact. There's just... no real reason to not be prepared for if something /does/ go wrong for whatever reason.

As someone who is heavily invested in the RPC, I want you to be successful, and by extension I want to see you improve in areas that might be weak spots for you. Everyone has misunderstandings, and this entire confrontation could've been avoided if this one had just been handled better. This is why respect has it's own section in the Roleplaying Etiquette guide--It's so important.

Khawill

<3
Years
Slips on power gloves Am I going to have to keep some peace around here? Cause I got a couple friends name peace and justice (or chaos and evil, can't remember) either way, they don't use words.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Ummmm. Okay. Let's move on guys. The idea's good, let's move on with it, it's not anything very serious with a plot so it's not like anything will actually be affected if it dies.

Also, Darkhaven3's new RP is certainly... intriguing.

Years
DIE -DeepImpact-

Forgive me oh great Skymin, I'm kinda new to this place. ;__; I hope I don't go offtopic. lol :(
I assume we can discuss anything about roleplaying? I had a few questions though. So, people who sign up for a particular thread come up with their own stuff for the plot, right? How do you deal with the ones who go rogue and start doing weird stuff? ('cause I can totally picture myself doing so. xD)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I assume we can discuss anything about roleplaying? I had a few questions though. So, people who sign up for a particular thread come up with their own stuff for the plot, right? How do you deal with the ones who go rogue and start doing weird stuff? ('cause I can totally picture myself doing so. xD)
Welcome then, newling~

Anything about roleplaying goes here, yes. As for your question, it depends on the roleplay. Some are heavily moderated by the GM and the players can pretty much only control their own character bar some unimportant NPCs while acting around the plot which the GM presents. Others give more freedom.

If roleplayer go rogue to the point that it disturbs other players or ruins for the GM, the GM has every right to step up and ask them to change. Nicely, of course :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
^ oh dear. what have you done this time, SV?

Haha, as long as you discuss something related to roleplaying, you're fine. Those guys were talking about power gloves so I decided that wasn't really... roleplay related. d:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Are there any active roleplays around here that are accepting applications that don't require a description of characters' physical appearances? Also, are there any active roleplays that the characters actually interact and communicate with one another? I've read through quite a few roleplays and a majority of them are just the characters on their own dealing with their dealings and interacting with NPCs they create. I'm not interested in interacting with characters I create.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Are there any active roleplays around here that are accepting applications that don't require a description of characters' physical appearances? Also, are there any active roleplays that the characters actually interact and communicate with one another? I've read through quite a few roleplays and a majority of them are just the characters on their own dealing with their dealings and interacting with NPCs they create. I'm not interested in interacting with characters I create.

So something more like a casual roleplay? Eh, as far as I know, I don't think there's an active roleplay like that yet, but, I think the RP cafe that these guys are working on is sort of like that?

But still, that's an interesting idea; maybe there can be more casual RP's like that, which don't require a general descriptive written appearance, or history? (because yeah, sometimes I get tired of writing long descriptions for appearances in SU's.) :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Even though it's advised by professional writers, I don't like planning out my characters ahead of time. I like letting my imagination take control and go into something blind, and develop the character with a blank perspective from the beginning and, during the duration of writing for that character, learning about him or her and developing one on my own organically.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Even though it's advised by professional writers, I don't like planning out my characters ahead of time. I like letting my imagination take control and go into something blind, and develop the character with a blank perspective from the beginning and, during the duration of writing for that character, learning about him or her and developing one on my own organically.

Ah, so, a roleplay without the normal Sign Up sheet? (well other than the name, and age... whatever?)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
For those of you who meddled around in the Other Trivia Section, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise guys, listen up.

A while ago, a thought came to me regarding the distinction between the Discussion Thread, and normal IC threads. When the Incredibly Wandering Thread showed up, and people started to post in it I thought; Why not make an RP like that?

With the working title as the RP Corner Nightclub, essentially it would be a thread where RPers could go to casually RP in a semi-social environment. It wouldn't require any sign-ups, but rather people could come as themselves, their forum persona, or as any of the myriad characters RPers have from RPs new and old.

I'm still working on the logistics, regulations and layout of the thread, but would people be interested in this kind of thread? Discussion of topics over a cold pint of Beer* with your friends, or play a game of Fooseball or a Pokemon Battle with another RPer. I guess what I'm trying to get at is it's not a thread where talk is limited to being about Roleplaying or and IC that has to follow a linear path or requires and SU; practically a casual RPing thread that you can have a little fun in.

Any takers?

*Non-Alcoholic drinks served for those underaged. XD

So, I started reading the last two pages and got veeeeery confused between the arguing and the discussions on this idea, so I went back and found it to figure out what was going on, lol.

Yeah, I remember this from the OT section. It was pretty fun. I wouldn't mind something like this popping up. It went pretty smoothly in OT. Well, then again, a lot of the people there weren't crazy RPers like us, but . . . anyways! d:

And, random tidbit: I saw the musical Wicked earlier today. Amazing! Halfway through it started to give me ideas for a roleplay, or a story, or something. Then I finished it and wasn't exactly sure what I could do with it. Either I would need to read the fourteen Wizard of Oz books and the Wicked trilogy, or I would need to create an alternate universe of sorts, lol.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
^ oh dear. what have you done this time, SV?

Haha, as long as you discuss something related to roleplaying, you're fine. Those guys were talking about power gloves so I decided that wasn't really... roleplay related. d:
What? No, c'mon, Skymin, that was incredibly related. Power Gloves are the epitome of roleplay!

As for the nightclub idea...it scares me. The idea that part of OT/FG would be implanted in the Roleplay Corner would basically be like I'm trapped in OT half the time I'm here, since that's basically where I spend most of my time on PC (other than Roleplaying and frequenting the hacking and video games forums).

Despite all of that, I like the idea, and I'd definitely participate if it came into being. The lax environment of OT/FG mixed with role playing is something that seems like it's be really enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back