• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multiple Regions in Gen VI?

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
What are your thought's on being able to Visit 2 Completely new Region's in a Gen VI Game Perhaps
Half of the New Pokemon live in one region And the other half of the new Pokemon Live in the other region I think it would be cool and would make the game's longer

Giving the first region the same General story of Obtaining the 8 Gym Badges and defeating the Elite 4
And Give the Second Region a More Epic Storyline of saving it from Destruction or something

Discuss~

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I think I would rather see an older region and then a newer region... Actually, swap that around, new region then old. I just think 2 entirely new regions is a bit too much. Also, I would like to have access to most Pokemon before I reach the E4, so I have more control of my team.

blue

gucci
Years
I would like to see two regions again, if it was for the new Generation VI games then yes. it would be good to have another set of 16 badges since the last time that happened (excluding the remakes) was GSC in 2000, so really it's only happened to one set of games.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
After how awful the levels were in Gsc/HGSs were, I don't want another game with 2 regions, unless they can actually fix the levels(HGSS did better with Kanto than GSC)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm fine with multiple regions, but if they are going to nerf the second region like they did with Kanto, then I say don't even bother. I think if they do, do another region then that region will just be small like Johto, and will contain a lot of pokemon that the close houses.

Years
I wouldn't want this to happen cos it would make GSC/HGSS not unique.

Also, the pattern of using a single region always works out well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I'm sort of wary of this idea. If they did two entire, fully fleshed-out regions, I guess that'd be good. It'd be like two games for the price of one (though I have no idea why GF would do that). But if the second region was just sort of tacked onto the first like an afterthought, I'd rather they didn't bother at all, and just put all those resources into making one region as good as it could possibly be.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
The idea of haveing two regions is great for use gamers who play them but i dont think that the game makers would do that. where as i would love to see a remake of hoenn i would like more to see a new generation of pokemon. if they could remake hoenn plus add bout 60 new pokes id think it would be one of those games and ttv series that you just couldent stop playing or watching

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
it would be great having multiple regions in a single game, since it would make the pokemon universe more integrated, and it would give the game more play time.

Years
That would be awesome! :) A 3DS cartridge can hold up to 2 GB so that is a possibility!
Whether the R/S remake releases in Gen 5 or 6, I hope they make use of all of the 3DS' potential.
They can possibly make the regular Hoeen journey, gyms and stuff, Upgraded Contest, Hoeen battle frontier & then Kanto gyms & battle frontier and Sevii islands :D or maybe a Kanto to Sevii to Orange Islands to Johto adventure :D so many possibilities!

Tackle

Pancham
Years
That would be great! Just like 2nd Gen. =)
If possible I wish more than two Regions game. xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I'd like two regions, but I think the second region (Post E4) should focus more and elaborate more on you as the champion.

I mean thats' what Pokemon taught us right? Beat the E4 and become champion. I think trainers in a second region should be tougher and actually acknowledge your reign.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'd like two regions, but I think the second region (Post E4) should focus more and elaborate more on you as the champion.

I mean thats' what Pokemon taught us right? Beat the E4 and become champion. I think trainers in a second region should be tougher and actually acknowledge your reign.

Yeah I wish the games would have something with you to do post E4 so if they implement that, two Pidgeys with one Everstone xD

Years
I remember even as a young boy feeling jipped exploring kanto in my silver version. Im sorry a bug catcher with a lvl 56 venomoth and lv.58 butterfree right outside the protagonists starting route from 3 years before, the same route where if you encountered a lvl6 pidgey it was luck but a couple years later you walts in and every ones pokemon league ready??
It ruins it.
If you ask me it should be one region, a large region with more free roam and sidequest

Back