• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So I just had to reboot my tablet.. it suddenly disconnected itself from WiFi and every time I tried to reconnect, it wasn't connecting, but just saying that the network was saved. A reboot solved the problem, but now I hope it doesn't happen more often.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
A reboot is actually the fastest way to solve transient hardware problems that are related to some internal program getting stuck on an internal device. :)

Failing that, turning off the device and leaving it off for a while should make everything fresh on the next boot.

I sometimes just reboot even if nothing seems to be wrong because I like my devices "fresh".

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have a desktop and an iPad. Between the two, I've never had any use for a laptop, though I do have an old netbook somewhere. :P

I do have a tablet, but I haven't used it much since I got my desktop and it's collecting dust since I got my iPhone. xD

Yukari

I don't actually have any kind of portable device. No laptop, no Iphone, No tablet, just a desktop.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have a desktop, laptop, tablet, and smartphone. I use them all at different times for different things xD Laptop is where I am most of the time since I'm on the couch. Desktop is my media server. Tablet I browse the internet in bed and/or read on it. Smartphone... goes everywhere.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I can't even have a desktop because I'd have too little desk space. Sometimes, you just gotta stay compact. I blame my multifunction printer.

Mine is under the desk, and the screen is on a wall mount. Zero desk space used. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Alongside desktop, I also have a tablet, a laptop, and a pair of phones. I use my tablet for reading and watching movies/TV shows; phones for calling, texting, IMing, and sometimes browsing; and laptop for just about everything else. d:

Years
Ever since I've gotten my tablet keyboard, I've pretty much had no use in using my laptop. The small screen doesn't really bother me at all, and it's actually boosted the speed at which I'm able to type.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Seeing as I have no desktop, I find a tablet to be insufficient for my needs outside. Sometimes you have to appreciate the ability to run any Windows app out there.

Years
Hmm, I guess that could be true for some sorts, because I'd never know when I would need office :P

But in the long run, there's no way I'd be able to get around with my current laptop at all. It's too noisy, and it would take forever to boot up. I probably need to eventually switch to Windows 8 sooner or later.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Out of curiosity, what did your laptop came with, Zach? (In terms of both hardware and software.)

I suspect you might want to wait until Windows 9 is out.

Years

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I suspect that if your next laptop was a really nice one, you'd wish that you had got rid of the desktop. Maybe some good planning and demoing of the laptops is a good thing to do if you ever want to get a new laptop to supplement your tablet and/or replace your desktop.

Yukari

Personally I'd prefer a good desktop PC to any laptop. Unless it was an alienware and then I would still like to use my desktop pc more then the alienware

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I prefer a powerful enough laptop if it means I can stay mostly wireless and unencumbered. I kind of like how I can bring my laptop anywhere even without the AC adapter and use it.

Yukari

I totally understand that. Desktop PCs aren't portable after all. But really I'm used to a desktop pc.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I prefer a powerful enough laptop if it means I can stay mostly wireless and unencumbered. I kind of like how I can bring my laptop anywhere even without the AC adapter and use it.

Wouldn't battery life be somewhat of an issue though? (unless you happen to own one of those ultrabooks with supposed 9 hour battery life ha)

I have this ambitious plan to use my laptop for general use and my tablet (with a bult in keyboard) for note taking during lectures when I go to university in September. I wonder how that would work out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What drives me away from desktops is their portability; you just can't move them from place to place like you can with laptops. Some laptop computers may not be able to perform as good as desktops, but that doesn't bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back