• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team-Building Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
Years
I'm working on building a singles mixed-tier Circus-themed team, just for fun, but am struggling to come up with team members that not only fit the theme but also work well alongside the existing team members. Suggestions?

Current team members:

Mr. Mime (clown)
Conkeldurr/Machamp (strongman)
Dewgong (seal)
Pyroar (lion)

I was also considering Ursaring (bear), Donphan (elephant), Drifblim (balloons) or one of the multiple rabbit-based Pokemon (rabbit out of a hat). I'd love some more suggestions, though.

Years
Im having trouble coming up with a moves for my soon-to-be Singles Mega Lopunny set. Right now Im running Return, Fake-out, High Jump Kick, and Ice punch. Im having trouble with coverage. I never seem to have a move thats effective against what my opponent is running. At first I thought about changing Fake-out, but the chip of damage Fake-out does with the STAB boost really helps at the beginning of a fight. Im also worried about self-sustain. I could run Drain punch, instead of High Jump Kick or Return, but i'm not sure yet. Could I have some help?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Im having trouble coming up with a moves for my soon-to-be Singles Mega Lopunny set. Right now Im running Return, Fake-out, High Jump Kick, and Ice punch. Im having trouble with coverage. I never seem to have a move thats effective against what my opponent is running. At first I thought about changing Fake-out, but the chip of damage Fake-out does with the STAB boost really helps at the beginning of a fight. Im also worried about self-sustain. I could run Drain punch, instead of High Jump Kick or Return, but i'm not sure yet. Could I have some help?
Something to keep in mind is that no one Pokemon can handle or do everything--there's a reason why battles are typically done with teams rather than 1v1. Not only that, but there are times where you have to choose between two moves, but one is not necessarily always better than the other.

Your current moveset is actually fine. The few real coverage moves Lopunny gets typically don't outdamage its STABS, with the exception being Ice Punch (which you're running already) which hits 4x Ice weak stuff like Landorus-Therian or Garchomp harder than the STABs do, and most of the other stuff in its movepool isn't really worth using. Though a couple of possibilites to consider using would be like Substitute (or avoid status and sometimes shield it from attacks) or Power-Up Punch (to boost its Attack to more dangerous levels) or Drain Punch if getting some sustainability on Mega Lop is more important to the team than the raw power of HJK.

EmeraldEmissary

High Resolution
Years
I need help making an OU Doubles team.
Currently I have two team members in mind:
Tapu Fini@Mago Berry
Misty Surge
EVs: 252HP/128Def/100Sp.A/28Sp.D
Bold
Moonblast
Muddy Water
Heal Pulse
Swagger
Tapu Fini with Misty Surge is like a gateway. It protects Dragon types ( Zygarde) from powerful Dragon attacks, as well as Fini being a strong, supportive team member. Zygarde can set up Dragon Dance with Fini, while Fini heals Zygarde back to perfection.
Fini struggles with bulky Grass types and Electric types (which are handled by Zygarde).
Zygarde@Groundium Z
Aura Break
EVs:92 HP/252 Atk/164 Spe
Adamant
Thousand Arrows
Extreme Speed
Dragon Dance
Protect
Zygarde is here to break walls after multiple Dragon Dances, or a Swagger. It can get these easily with Fini, which is why I paired the two of them together.
Dragon weakness is nearly nullified thanks to Misty Terrain. By the time Misty Surge wears off, Zygarde will be fast enough to outspeed even a few Choice Scarf users.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 3, 2018
Hello everyone,this is my first post on this thread.
I'd like some advice on my team for the Tiny Tourney starting soon,so the rules are Doubles for VGC2017 with a few twists(national pokedex,no mega stones allowed,no mythicals,only some legendaries and ultrabeasts allowed,as long as they are not higher than 1m,or 3,3")
I breeded several mons that I thought would make a good core,namely these ones:
Core 1
Marowak(alola)@Thick Club
Full EV into ATT and DEF
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Rock Head
Belly Drum
Bonemerang
Protect
Flare Blitz

and
Comfey@Big Root
Nature: Calm(-ATT,+SPDEF)
Ability: Triage
Full EV SPDEF and SPATT
Calm Mind
Floral Healing
Draining Kiss
Trick Room
The main deal is to belly drum and set trick room as long as there are no special attackers or threats like earthquake,and to use triage to keep marowak healthy while the destroys anything with the good coverage that ground and fire type grant.Duuring forced switches and such,Comfey can set up and get a nicely boosted Draining Kiss.

Core 2
Shiinotic@leftovers
Nature: Calm(-ATT,+SPDEF)
Ability: Raindish
EV spread that maximizes leftovers recovery,patches up DEF by maxing it and putting the rest in SPDEF: the end result is a bulk similar to uninvested pyukumuku.
Strength Sap
Spore
Giga Drain(pretty unsure of using this move,maybe dazzling light would be better)
Spotlight

Pyukumuku@Aguav Berry
Nature:Sassy(-SPD,+SPDEF)
Ability: Unaware
Full EV SPDEF and DEF
Recover
Rain Dance
Bide
Taunt

The full gimmick of this core is in shiinotic priority Spotlight.This move is absolutely overpowered and as good as it seems.It needs someone with a good sense of the flow of battle,as it can allow dangerous setting up of a smart opponent (or the gyarados from the battle tree.Fuck that thing and its dragon dances).Pyukumuku provides taunting support or sets rain dance,while after a few ATT drops from Strength Sap it will redirect attacks on pyukumuku:Bide damage is pretty ridicoulous and only switching out can partially solve Shiinotic Spotlight abuse.An extremely fun core if I dare say so.
I fear there may be a better partner than pyukumuku - maybe Sableye,which can easily stop enemy taunts and set rain dance with priority.

Core 3
Raichu@Focus Sash
Nature: Timid(-ATT,+SPD)
Ability: Surge Surfer
Full EV SPD and SPATT
Fake Out
Nasty Plot
Electro Ball
Hidden Power (Ice)

Togedemaru@Air Baloon
Nature:Jolly(-SPATT,+SPD)
Ability: Sturdy
Full EV SPD and ATT
Electro Terrain
Nuzzle
?
?

Prettry Standard electric terrain abuse with the speed increase or Raichu's ability which,lacking a tapu koko,is entrusted to Togedemaru,that will be able (hopefully) to set it without fainting and possibly getting a paralysis or two (which further increase Electro Ball damage as paralysis decrease speed).
Nasty Plot + Ice Hidden Power should be a decent coverage and a pretty surprise for those that can't wait to bring in their ground types,and hopefully focus sash should prevent OHKOs with a bit of luck.I can't decide on the last two moves for togedemaru.

Besides this cores I was experimenting with,I have the following battle-ready pokemons (assume ideal natures,EVs,any egg move or such):
Mimikyu
Sableye
Minior
Toxapex(may be a nice Pyukumuku substitute with baneful bunker and spotlight)
Kartana
Whimsicott (prankster)
Starmie
Spiritomb

If you have any suggestions and a bit of time,please do give me some tips : the competition will start soon!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd rather go with the first core simply because it has Marowak, an already good Pokemon in VGC17. Pyukumuku and Shiinotic aren't worth it because they're just too passive. Alolan Raichu is better used with terrain support from Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele, both of which can auto-summon their terrains and neither of which are allowed in the tiny tourney.

Belly Drum is way too risky to set up in doubles formats because of the possibility of being double targeted. Marowak is already plenty strong without a Belly Drum boost anyway:
-Flare Blitz
-Shadow Bone
-Bonemerang/Perish Song
-Protect
EVs: 252 HP/172 Atk/4 Def/68 SDef/12 Spe
Item: Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod

Your EV spread for Comfey is rather inefficient. Its HP is significantly lower than its Special Defense, so max HP must go first to get good mixed bulk:
-Dazzling Gleam
-Floral Healing
-Helping Hand/Trick Room
-Protect/Trick Room
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/236 Def/4 SAtk/12 SDef/4 Spe
Item: Sitrus Berry/Aguav Berry
Ability: Triage

Parasect is a better pick over Shiinotic IMO, as it can provide Rage Powder support and is a good option for a Water resist:
-Leech Life
-Spore
-Rage Powder
-Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 SDef
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Dry Skin

However, Kartana is one of the more threatening Pokemon in Tiny Tourney because of its great Attack and Speed:
-Leaf Blade
-Smart Strike
-Sacred Sword
-Detect
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash

or
-Leaf Blade
-Smart Strike
-Sacred Sword
-Night Slash
EVs: 116 HP/4 Atk/4 Def/132 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Assault Vest

or
-Leaf Blade
-Sacred Sword
-Substitute
-Detect
EVs: 52 HP/124 Atk/4 Def/76 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Scope Lens

Mimikyu or Porygon2 are good backup Trick Room setters:

Mimikyu:
-Trick Room
-Shadow Claw
-Light Screen/Will-O-Wisp/Charm/Destiny Bond
-Swords Dance/Shadow Sneak/Play Rough/Pain Split/Taunt
Nature: Brave
EVs: 220 HP/60 Atk/228 Def
Item: Ghostium Z/Mental Herb

Porygon2:
-Trick Room
-Tri Attack/Thunderbolt/Return
-Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
-Recover
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 244 HP/4 Atk /92 Def/28 SAtk/140 SDef
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Download

Alolan Muk is also another good Trick Room attacker besides Marowak:
-Poison Jab
-Knock Off
-Shadow Sneak/Curse/Minimize
-Protect
EVs: 140 HP/252 Atk/44 Def/52 SDef/20 Spe
Item: Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 3, 2018
Thank you for the reply!I think A-Muk or Mimikyu are better with Marowak as trick roomers,comfey doesn't really draw enough attention and the risk of getting double targeted is high.
My EVs spread tend to be very simple,and I noticed yours seem very specific.Would you give me a quick rundown of why you chose this spreads,and how can I understand how to best invest EVs?I feel pretty green honestly

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thank you for the reply!I think A-Muk or Mimikyu are better with Marowak as trick roomers,comfey doesn't really draw enough attention and the risk of getting double targeted is high.
My EVs spread tend to be very simple,and I noticed yours seem very specific.Would you give me a quick rundown of why you chose this spreads,and how can I understand how to best invest EVs?I feel pretty green honestly

I got those EV spreads from Trainer Tower. Each EV spread is meant to let the Pokemon in question survive specific attacks.

The Assault Vest Kartana can take Garchomp's Tectonic Rage and Golduck's Hydro Vortex in rain. A prominent VGC player, Ray Rizzo, came up with that particular Kartana set. The Scope Lens Kartana is meant to take Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt under Electric Terrain from full health. None of the aforementioned Pokemon are allowed in Tiny Tourney, but I guess the extra investment can help against other attacks thrown around.

I made a mistake with the Comfey set; it's meant to be Bold and the listed EV spread lets it take Adamant Tapu Bulu's Wood Hammer under Grassy Terrain from full health. However, Bulu isn't allowed and the heavy physically defensive investment can let Comfey take physical attacks more easily that way.

Marowak's EV spread would normally let it avoid the OHKO from Tapu Lele's Psychic in Psychic Terrain, but since Lele isn't allowed, you can get away with max HP/max Attack instead.

Mimikyu's heavy physically defensive investment would let it take Gyarados' Hydro Vortex, but since it isn't allowed, you can get away with max HP/max Attack too, but that spread can help compensate for its physical frailty to an extent.

Muk's EV spread lets it live a max-powered Eruption from Torkoal at full health under the sun and make its Heat Wave a 3HKO with Figy Berry recovery taken into account. Also, it can't learn Trick Room. The reason why I suggested Porygon2 or Mimikyu alongside Comfey is to have a backup Trick Room attacker in case one of them is in an unfavorable matchup or, in the possibility you bring both in the same battle, have a backup setter in case one goes down.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 3, 2018
I didn't know about that site,it seems great!is there a software or a website other than damage calc on showdown that would let me know what will my mons survive based on their stats and spread?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 21, 2022
Hi Everyone! I've just transferred my old team from Y to Moon which is:

Heatran w/ Firium Z, Mamoswine w/ Choice Scarf, Hitmontop w/ Sitrus Berry, Aegislash w/ Leftovers, Lapras w/ Assault Vest, Kangaskhan w/ Mega Stone.

I have noticed that Latios is getting Quiet a lot of use so I decide it might be a good option in my team considering I didn't realise quiet how many weakness to fighting I had, so am contemplating putting it in with a Life Orb instead of my Mamoswine. However this causes a problem for me as I will now not have a Pokemon with earthquake or rock slide and will be vulnerable to Dragon types. Latios is almost a must in my team at this stage as I am struggling badly against Psychic Terrain which Latios will get a boost from. Kangaskhan is also a Pokemon I am willing to drop as it does not seem to have the same competitive presence but I will need another Pokemon that can learn fake out to sub for it

Also am thinking of dropping Aegislash for a Togekiss due to the same fact of I have to many fighting weaknesses and with it I may be able to drop Kangaskhan because it has Follow me

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hi Everyone! I've just transferred my old team from Y to Moon which is:

Heatran w/ Firium Z, Mamoswine w/ Choice Scarf, Hitmontop w/ Sitrus Berry, Aegislash w/ Leftovers, Lapras w/ Assault Vest, Kangaskhan w/ Mega Stone.

I have noticed that Latios is getting Quiet a lot of use so I decide it might be a good option in my team considering I didn't realise quiet how many weakness to fighting I had, so am contemplating putting it in with a Life Orb instead of my Mamoswine. However this causes a problem for me as I will now not have a Pokemon with earthquake or rock slide and will be vulnerable to Dragon types. Latios is almost a must in my team at this stage as I am struggling badly against Psychic Terrain which Latios will get a boost from. Kangaskhan is also a Pokemon I am willing to drop as it does not seem to have the same competitive presence but I will need another Pokemon that can learn fake out to sub for it

Also am thinking of dropping Aegislash for a Togekiss due to the same fact of I have to many fighting weaknesses and with it I may be able to drop Kangaskhan because it has Follow me

We need to see your team's moves. Fliers and Levitators like Latios don't benefit from terrains at all. Even then, Latios is a bad Tapu Lele (the de facto Psychic Terrain setter) check, let alone counter, because of its weakness to Moonblast.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 21, 2022
Ok I understand I'm new and must have misread what it does, so then would tapu lele be a Pokemon part of my team?

Mamoswine: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard
Kangaskhan: Fake out, Sucker Punch, Power Up Punch, Protect
Hitmontop: Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Protect, Close Combat
Lapras: Ancient Power, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Freeze-Dry
Aegislash: Swords Dance, Substitute, Shadow Sneak, Kings Shield
Heatran: Heat Wave, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Substitute
Potential Togekiss: Follow me, Roost, Dazzling Gleam, -Not Sure

If you need the EVs and Nature I can give you them

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ok I understand I'm new and must have misread what it does, so then would tapu lele be a Pokemon part of my team?

Mamoswine: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard
Kangaskhan: Fake out, Sucker Punch, Power Up Punch, Protect
Hitmontop: Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Protect, Close Combat
Lapras: Ancient Power, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Freeze-Dry
Aegislash: Swords Dance, Substitute, Shadow Sneak, Kings Shield
Heatran: Heat Wave, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Substitute
Potential Togekiss: Follow me, Roost, Dazzling Gleam, -Not Sure

If you need the EVs and Nature I can give you them

Natures and EVs are necessary too, as well as the specific format this team is for.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 21, 2022
The team is just for battle spot doubles

Mamoswine: 252 Speed, 252 Atk, 4 Hp. Nature: Jolly
Hitmontop: 252 Speed, 252 Def, 4 Hp. Nature: Jolly
Kangaskhan: 252 Speed, 252 Atk, 4 Hp. Nature: Jolly
Lapras: Hp 252, SpD 253, 4 SpA. Nature: Calm
Aegislash: 252 Def, 252 SpD, 4 Atk. Nature: Sassy
Heatran: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 Def. Nature: Naive

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The team is just for battle spot doubles

Mamoswine: 252 Speed, 252 Atk, 4 Hp. Nature: Jolly
Hitmontop: 252 Speed, 252 Def, 4 Hp. Nature: Jolly
Kangaskhan: 252 Speed, 252 Atk, 4 Hp. Nature: Jolly
Lapras: Hp 252, SpD 253, 4 SpA. Nature: Calm
Aegislash: 252 Def, 252 SpD, 4 Atk. Nature: Sassy
Heatran: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 Def. Nature: Naive
Mamoswine doesn't need Rock Slide since its STABs have good coverage on their own:
-Icicle Crash/Icicle Spear
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Protect
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat

Lapras' defensive typing is terrible. Better bulky Water Pokemon to turn to are Araquanid or Gastrodon, the former of which can provide Wide Guard support and fire off powerful Liquidations, and the latter which can act as a handy counter to opposing Water Pokemon with Storm Drain:

Araquanid:
-Liquidation
-Lunge/Leech Life/Toxic
-Wide Guard
-Protect
Nature: Adamant/Brave
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
Item: Waterium Z/Mystic Water/Splash Plate
Ability: Water Bubble

Gastrodon:
-Scald
-Toxic
-Ice Beam/Sludge Bomb/Clear Smog/Earth Power/Recover
-Protect/Recover
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 204 HP/116 Def/188 SDef
Item: Sitrus Berry/Aguav Berry
Ability: Storm Drain

Kangaskhan currently lacks a powerful attack in general. Sucker Punch is unreliable as it relies on the opponent about to use an offensive move; that move needs good prediction:
-Fake Out
-Return/Double-Edge
-Power-up Punch/Low Kick
-Sucker Punch
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Item: Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy

Aegislash needs stronger STAB moves to function; just having Shadow Sneak alone isn't going to cut it. You're also EVing it the wrong way, as when Aegislash switches forms, it doesn't carry over its EVs from its defenses to its offenses:
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword
-Wide Guard/Substitute
-King's Shield
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Weakness Policy

or
-Flash Cannon
-Shadow Ball
-Sacred Sword/Shadow Sneak
-King's Shield
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SAtk
Item: Life Orb/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag/Weakness Policy/Ghostium Z

While Heatran can go fast in doubles, its Speed isn't good enough for that to happen unless you're providing Tailwind support. A Naive nature is pointless when Heatran isn't using physical attacks:
-Heat Wave
-Flash Cannon
-Earth Power/Substitute
-Protect
Nature: Modest
EVs: 180 HP/252 SAtk/76 Spe
Item: Shuca Berry/Leftovers

Hitmontop is better relegated to a bulky support role since any offensive role it can do its outclassed by other Fighting Pokemon like Breloom:
-Fake Out
-Close Combat
-Wide Guard
-Helping Hand/Quick Guard/Feint
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Sitrus Berry/Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate

However, Arcanine is capable of compressing Heatran's and Hitmontop's roles as a bulky Fire Pokemon that provides Intimidate support:
-Flamethrower
-Snarl
-Will-o-Wisp
-Protect
Nature: Timid
EVs: 148 HP/4 Def/164 SAtk/28 SDef/164 Spe
Item: Sitrus Berry

or
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-Crunch/Extreme Speed/Snarl
-Protect
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EV: 28 HP/180 Atk/4 Def/44 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Mago Berry

Last edited:
Years
Hey, looking to get back into competitive pokemon, but I have no idea what competitive 7th Gen is like. I am thinking to start with an offensive core of Greninja/MegaZard X but do not know where to go from there ? Any help is massively appreciated.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Hey, looking to get back into competitive pokemon, but I have no idea what competitive 7th Gen is like. I am thinking to start with an offensive core of Greninja/MegaZard X but do not know where to go from there ? Any help is massively appreciated.
I recommend Spikes Greninja to wear down both Charizard's and its own checks. Spikes / Ice Beam or Hydro Pump / Gunk Shot / Hidden Power Fire would be fine. Hydro Pump might be preferred to threaten Heatran and Tyranitar, which check Charizard to an extent. Spikes / Gunk Shot / Low Kick / Ice Beam with a physical EV spread works too. Ash-Greninja is also an option.

After that I'd consider an offensive check for Toxapex, assuming this is meant to be an offensive team. Garchomp, Zapdos, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Latios, Zygarde, Hoopa-U, and Groundium Z Dugtrio are some options. All of them have pretty solid offensive synergy with the other two. Garchomp sets Stealth Rock, Electric-types and Zygarde appreciate Charizard for threatening Grass-types, Charizard pressures Magearna and Celesteela for Tapu Lele and Latios, Tapu Lele protects Charizard from priority with Psychic Terrain, Greninja threatens Clefable for Garchomp and Hoopa-U, Dugtrio traps Toxapex and Heatran for Charizard, etc. Zapdos has nice defensive synergy with Charizard by being able to switch into Landorus-T if you're careful about Stone Edge. It can use Defog too, but you need to drop HP Ice for that. Not to mention it can tank Scalds from Toxapex. Alternatively you could condense this role with Greninja and put Extrasensory over Spikes.

After that, add a Defog or Rapid Spin user to remove Stealth Rock for Charizard. Mew might be the most reliable at this. Excadrill, Tapu Fini, Zapdos, Lati twins, and Starmie are alternatives. Excadrill and Starmie can avoid removing your own Spikes at the cost of being less reliable.

Then add a good Landorus-T switch-in like Tangrowth, Rotom-W, or Celesteela.

Lastly, a good Choice Scarf user (click) for Volcarona, Mega Charizard X, etc. Check for any remaining weaknesses. Don't forget Stealth Rock. Garchomp and Excadrill can set it.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 24, 2017
I've created a wicked core of Lopunny, Aegislash, and Cresselia, who compliment each other nicely (If I see a fighting type as Lopunny, I switch to Aegislash, if I see a ground type as Aegislash, I switch to Cresselia for levitate, If I see a dark type, I switch to Lopunny.) But I'm having trouble deciding what to use for one of the slots. I need a SP.D wall who can check or counter Talonflame, any ideas? Also the stats on the Lopunny, Cresselia, and Aegislash are as shown

Cupcake (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Fake out, HJK, Ice punch, Return
Jolly, 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 SP.D

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Psychic, Moonblast, Moonlight, Calm mind
Bold, 252 Def, 252 HP, 4 SP.D

Aegislash @ Focus sash
Kings shield, Swords dance, Shadow sneak, Iron head
Adamant 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Def

Years
I recommend Spikes Greninja to wear down both Charizard's and its own checks. Spikes / Ice Beam or Hydro Pump / Gunk Shot / Hidden Power Fire would be fine. Hydro Pump might be preferred to threaten Heatran and Tyranitar, which check Charizard to an extent. Spikes / Gunk Shot / Low Kick / Ice Beam with a physical EV spread works too. Ash-Greninja is also an option.

After that I'd consider an offensive check for Toxapex, assuming this is meant to be an offensive team. Garchomp, Zapdos, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Latios, Zygarde, Hoopa-U, and Groundium Z Dugtrio are some options. All of them have pretty solid offensive synergy with the other two. Garchomp sets Stealth Rock, Electric-types and Zygarde appreciate Charizard for threatening Grass-types, Charizard pressures Magearna and Celesteela for Tapu Lele and Latios, Tapu Lele protects Charizard from priority with Psychic Terrain, Greninja threatens Clefable for Garchomp and Hoopa-U, Dugtrio traps Toxapex and Heatran for Charizard, etc. Zapdos has nice defensive synergy with Charizard by being able to switch into Landorus-T if you're careful about Stone Edge. It can use Defog too, but you need to drop HP Ice for that. Not to mention it can tank Scalds from Toxapex. Alternatively you could condense this role with Greninja and put Extrasensory over Spikes.

After that, add a Defog or Rapid Spin user to remove Stealth Rock for Charizard. Mew might be the most reliable at this. Excadrill, Tapu Fini, Zapdos, Lati twins, and Starmie are alternatives. Excadrill and Starmie can avoid removing your own Spikes at the cost of being less reliable.

Then add a good Landorus-T switch-in like Tangrowth, Rotom-W, or Celesteela.

Lastly, a good Choice Scarf user (click) for Volcarona, Mega Charizard X, etc. Check for any remaining weaknesses. Don't forget Stealth Rock. Garchomp and Excadrill can set it.

Followed your advice, came up with the below
Spoiler:

Can't see an obvious weakness however still happy to take all feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back