• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Meanwhile, Barça is suffering a robbery against Villarreal- the referee mysteriously saw an offside right before a defender tried to stop Messi from being left alone to gift Pedro a goal (except... you shouldn't have to avoid a defender if you are offside). Right after that, Villarreal tied the match. The people at the Camp Nou is asking for his immediate assassination XD

Years
-Sorry Went-

I just saw that Portugal just destroyed Spain 4-0 in an international friendly. :/ Where was that in the cup? Not that I root for Portugal or C. Ronaldo or anything, but that score surprised me.

Ivysaur

Years
-Sorry Went-

I just saw that Portugal just destroyed Spain 4-0 in an international friendly. :/ Where was that in the cup? Not that I root for Portugal or C. Ronaldo or anything, but that score surprised me.

Portugal didn't have home advantage and the players had a goal on their minds- the cup. Yesterday it was a friendly match to advertise the Spain-Portugal candidature for the 2018 World Cup. The context is highly different XD

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
^ this.

And one of the reasons I hate Nani: yesterday's "I-want-to-score-not-Ronaldo" disallowed goal scored by C. Ronaldo. I mean, WHY? Nani is too selfish, really. The second referee misjudged a blatant TRUE goal, which crossed the line before Nani interfered. It would've been a great goal by C. Ronaldo.

Though I got to say, Portugal played beautifully yesterday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Messi scored a last-minute goal against a young Brazilian team. Brazil, overall, played way better and deserved at least a tie. Both teams showed improvements from the World Cup fail.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

France beat England 1-2 away at Wembley, which I previously expected, since France is a new team under the promising Laurent Blanc. They played much better than England, though the home team had some chances from Gerrard, and the late goal by Peter Crouch, who was substituted in way too late.

Years
I just came to say one thing. HAHAHAHAAA IN YOUR FACES YOU ENGLISH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of France ;D

Don't worry we're probably the least patriotic country on the planet.

We only care when it comes to the world cup and then as soon as we get knocked out it is back to not caring.

I actually watch England qualifiers and friendlies stil but we play such boring football, I turn it off half way through (such as last night).

Throw into the mix that we called up four or five new players, mostly the age of 21 (and one who plays in our second division), and suddenly 2-1 isn't so bad.

To be fair, France should be beating England anyway, second division players or not.

Ivysaur

Years
Almería 0 - 8 Barcelona

It's... hard to find adjectives, other than incredibly pathetic for Almería's side.

Next week we'll have Barça-Madrid. We'll see...

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Actually, you were decent against Birmingham, but for Ben Foster you'd have scored and I dare say ran away with it. Typically you had 25 shots on goal and failed to score, Birmingham had 1 shot on target and put it away. Just shows you that in the Premier League, if you don't take your chances when they come you get punished.

But against Sunderland (My local team), i'm pleased to say you were well and truly humiliated and I can honestly say I enjoyed every single minute of it.

Years
Chelsea are losing it.

Some players are finally playing a few games because of injuries and it shows they really aren't up to it. If you look at Chelsea's bench yesterday you can see the massive lack of depth.
* 22 Turnbull
* 17 Bosingwa
* 38 Van Aanholt
* 43 Bruma
* 46 McEachran
* 23 Sturridge
* 44 Kakuta

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
rmadrid vs barca

check out the match at afternoon.it will be fun real madrid vs barca.i hope real madrid will win. i am a fan of rmadrid.what do you think?

i think arsneal will win Chelsea is only 2 points ahead of arsenal.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I've always thought Asamoah Gyan was good.

I have to admit he's doing better than I thought he would. I thought £13m for somebody totally unproven in England (And someone who wasn't exactly prolific for his previous club) was a massive gamble by Bruce, but fair play to him, now he's fully fit he seems to be firing all cylinders. The thought of seeing Gyan and Bent playing up front together seems to have most Sunderland fans excited.

Ivysaur

Years
check out the match at afternoon.it will be fun real madrid vs barca.i hope real madrid will win. i am a fan of rmadrid.what do you think?

At afternoon... next Monday XD

I hope Real madrid will lose by a great margin- 4-0 would make me really happy. But I'll be fine as long as Barça scores one more goal XD

Gabri

m8
Years
Barcelona just taught Real Madrid an exclusive and live lesson of "How to play football" and owned them 5-0.
It was totally amazing.

Ivysaur

Years
Barcelona demolishes Madrid in an historical match
Víctor V. - Madrid - 11/30

1291100978_extras_portada_0.jpg

"We'll see if they manage to score 8 goals next Monday!", said Ronaldo after Barça's 0-8 trashing of Almería last week. He was right- they only managed to score a handful of them in a match that will be remembered in Barcelona for a long, long time. Both teams looked really strong beforehand, but Real Madrid proved that they aren't quite ready to fight Barcelona yet.

Higuaín's recent injury allowed Bezema to get a place in the starting squad for once, but he didn't get the best out of it. In fact, only Ronaldo seemed able to stand the first wave from Barcelona: in the first minutes, Messi hit the wood and the whole team sit comfortably on Casillas's box. It was only a matter of time until Xavi got the ball and sent it on over the goalkeeper's head. Real Madrid then enjoyed their best shots, a free kick wasted by the Portugese star and a kick deflected by Valdés.

But before they could get back into the match, Villa walked around Madrid's area and found Pedro, who set a well-deserved 2-0. Barça were putting all the football and that showed on the scoreboard. Real madrid enjoyed (and wasted) a last chance to get back in during the last 10 minutes of the first half, with a catfight between Ronaldo and Guardiola that got both the Portuguese and Victor Valdés booked. Then, a possible penalty from the Catalonian goalkeeper could have changed the match, but the referee considered that the Spaniard had hit the ball before Ronaldo tripped over him.

Despite those moments of nerves from Barcelona, the second half became Madrid's worst torture in a long, long time. Mourinho left Özil in the changing room and sent Lass Diarra instead. A switch that turned out to be a terrible mistake for the white team: Barcelona took over the midfield and enjoyed 45 minutes of almost uninterrupted possession. Unable to keep the ball on their feet, Madrid would always lose it before even passing it three times in a row. And Villa took advantage of two superb passes from Messi to destroy any chances of defeat, both times on the verge of an offside, both times allowed by Marcelo.

After that, the match became a live lesson of how to play football, with Barça keeping the ball despite being surrounded by three Madrid players, constant passes with the back of their feet, to the delighted Camp Nou's chants of "Mourinho, get out of the bench" or "Mourinho, go to the theatre". Finally, Jeffren, a home-grown player, scored the 5th goal for the Catalonian side, starting a massive celebration around the city. Sergio Ramos still had time to go on a murderous spree and kick Messi from the back, slap Puyol and punch Xavi while the referee was showing him his way to the changing room.

All in all, a disappointing performance from a desperate Madrid team, destroyed by a heavenly Barcelona. Three more goals and Ronaldo would have got it right. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back