• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Crystal Vietnamese Translation

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gaining some popularity lately is the bootleg Vietnamese translation of Pokemon Crystal. Slowpoke is Yedong, Sprout Tower is where Pokemon practice Buddhism, and when you get items, you do naughty things to your bag! Here's an episode (the first one links to a ROM, so I'm not posting it).

Might be strong language.

So, what do you guys think about this? I personally find it quite hilarious...and would totally love to play it. XD; I just can't understand how some of this stuff actually made it in there, the biggest thing being the f-bomb when you put something in your bag. Kinda odd.

Discuss!

Last edited:

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
Years
This is hilarious! But...I'm a little confused. Is this supposed to be an actual translation (albeit a poor one), or is it bad on purpose to be funny? Either way, it's very amusing. I'd like to try it sometime.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
To my knowledge, this was a serious translation. I could be wrong though. :P

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
I had a bootleg version of Gold, but IIRC the dialogue was not nearly as bad. I traded it in for the superior Telefang bootleg, Pokemon Diamond.

blue

gucci
Years
I coudn't stop laughing at these videos and some of the text on this game.. "Miss.yu could you lend me the pot.." "Pole Pocket F***" Brilliant!

Uke4Life

I like things.
Years
That's hilarious! And for some reason, makes me want to play Crystal version... Must go find copy.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
This? Oh, I tried to find it a LONG time ago. It was HILARIOUS when I played it at Hong Kong w/ my relatives. I was laughing my ass off.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
Years
In Eastern languages, including Mandarin, Cantonese and Viet, I wonder why monster is translated as "elf" most of the time?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
How do people make stuff like this, and then expect to sell it? I understand how some people may start making this, but no one that I know of would have been able to make then sell it semi-successfully. It seems too random to be a valid attempt at translation to me, but it is funny.

Years
Vietnamese Crystal is amazing, in the regard that it's basically a laughter-inducing machine. The game has almost too many potential gags to even be considered a serious translation, yet it's rumored to be. Just be glad that we have Vietnamese Crystal, kids.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In Eastern languages, including Mandarin, Cantonese and Viet, I wonder why monster is translated as "elf" most of the time?

It goes back and forth between monster and elf actually. Don't know why there's inconsistency there...

Also, the reason for the f-bomb when you put an item in your bag is apparently because it's translated as "put in" and...well, put A and B together and you'll see where I'm getting. If you don't get me, then you probably don't need to. lol

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
Also, the reason for the f-bomb when you put an item in your bag is apparently because it's translated as "put in" and...well, put A and B together and you'll see where I'm getting. If you don't get me, then you probably don't need to. lol

What? I don't... Oh. OH. Oh god. That was one dirty minded translator.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
Years
That was hilarious. xD When Totodile used "flame" and water came out..just..sheer awesomeness. ='D They need to start selling hugeballs in every Poké Mart. P:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Honestly, I don't know. I'd love to get this on a cartridge. Play it on the GBC. Cool.

One interesting thing of the Vietnamese Crystal from my experience of owning one - it's not a GBC game, but a standard GB game. Which made it even better.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I'm Vietnamese! :P

Anyways this translation is quite funny! "Strange Tree, Tortoise Pot?" xD

Back