• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Hi again.

I've been trying to set a level script for the starting map (4.1)

I've tried it the hard way (adding a new script to tag with 0x168CC8 (which is the starting script), but nothing I did worked. Then, I've tried to replace the data for the new level script, as follows:

Code:
#org 0x168CC8 'original level script address for the room
call 0x8800A82
end

#org 0x800A82
spriteface 0xFF 0x2
setvar 0x4056 0x1 'this line and the above are the contents of the original levelscript
lock
msgbox 0x8800B20 MSG_NORMAL
pause 0x3F
msgbox 0x8800B20 MSG_NORMAL
msgbox 0x8800B8E MSG_KEEPOPEN
setvar 0x8004 0x1
setvar 0x8005 0x1
setvar 0x8006 0xC
setvar 0x8007 0x2
special 0x136
msgbox 0x8800BAC MSG_KEEPOPEN
pause 0x1C
closeonkeypress
release
end
No matter what I do, the game freezes right after the oak intro, before you appear into your room.
The script itself isn't a problem (I've assigned it to a NPC, and it works as it should). However it as a level script breaks. I've even tried to put it in another map (4,2, which has no level scripts) and it didn't work as well.
What might be wrong?

Time to take a shot in the dark...

If memory serves, the original script (the spriteface one) is a very special type of level script, type [04]. This type of level script is specifically designed to run before the player has finished warping, allowing you to face up when you first start the game, instead of down like a traditional warp.

Additionally, this type of level script is EXTREMELY picky about the commands it runs...it should only really be used for things like spriteface, and I've found the specials that put the player on the surf and bike work with it as well. Messages, however, don't. For that, you need to use type [02] level scripts.

Years
Water Tileset help!

Hey! I am trying to change the water to a different tile but I can't figure out which tileset from A-Map the water is in! Help please!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Hey! I am trying to change the water to a different tile but I can't figure out which tileset from A-Map the water is in! Help please!

The water is always in the main tileset, Tileset 0. So, just go to Block Editor, find the pallette that the water uses (depends on the ROM, it is mainly just blues) and then "Save Tileset 1" (which saves the main tileset), then find the water.

Yet, to truly change the water, you also need to change the animation of the water with AnimEditor which I advise you find.

Years
Ok but now it wont let me save tileset 0. It says Export of this palette is not possiable, there are multiple entries of the same color in this palette.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Hello everyone, I just repost my question. Hope now have someone can answer me.

1.This question is about .s file. .s file original manuscript is Unknown Application, I double click the .s file. After that, It appeared 2 choices " Use the Web service to find the correct program " and "
Select a program from a list of installed programs ". I choosed "
Select a program from a list of installed programs " and choose Notepad and checked "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
Then, I use Sappy 2006 mod 15 to assembly .s file and click " Cook it "( In another Version that's "Assembly that ugly thing", it appeared a error, "XXXX:1: Can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion Assembly halted". I placed MPlayDef.s file with the .s file I wanted to insert my rom, but also have this problem, so I think is the " "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" problem, it's make the .s file doesn't show .s. I use Windows 7, how can I change the .s file return to Unknown Application? Or a else way to fix this problem.

Hope have someone can know what I want to express.

Now I have a Map Script problem.

2. I create a map script to show the ship started to gone. For example:

When I get in the ship, the map script is activate, for my map script:( I used the setvar 0x5000 0x1 for this map script before.

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @talk
setvar 0x5000 0x0002
warpmuted 0x1 0x7 0xFF 0x20 0x0F
release
end

I need to warpmuted to a dock and load the map script to show the ship is gone. For my map script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @script
applymovement 0xFF @hide
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x1 @gone
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x5000 0x3
warpmuted 0x1 0x4 0xFF 0x20 0x07
release
end
#org @hide
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE
#org @ride
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xFE

The person event no.1 is for the ship. Then I warpmuted back inside the it appeared the text box and unknown word. I pressed A button it dissapeared and appeared and repeat and repeat. For example:

attachment.php

How to fix this problem?

I already setvar, the map script flag inside the ship is 5000 and value is 0001 and at the dock value is 0002.

3)Have everyone know how to close the JPAN Fire red hacked engine show uncompressed image? I only know how to display it but don't know how to hide it. A extra question, can an uncompressed image can more than 16 colour?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.:(

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
For number 1, you need to deassociate the .s file from any program, it needs to be a program that has no default Program to open it otherwise Sappy can't open the MPlayDef.s file. To do that, you need a certain program, I dunno if I can link to it, but search for Creative Element Power Tools. It's a series of programs, and one of them can change file associations so you can remove the association you made for .s files and NotePad.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
Hello.
I have few questions about hacking fire red. First: It is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever.
Second: how I can change pokemon from trade with NPC. 4 exapmle in underground path is girl, who want exchange Farfetchd on Spearow, and i want to change that pokemon for any others.
Thanks in advance.

Years
Hello.
I have few questions about hacking fire red. First: It is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever.
Second: how I can change pokemon from trade with NPC. 4 exapmle in underground path is girl, who want exchange Farfetchd on Spearow, and i want to change that pokemon for any others.
Thanks in advance.

i dunno bout the script, but there's a tool to change the trades...
its on ZodiacDaGreat's tool thread here

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Hey, I was wondering, is there anyway to gender lock the character at the beginning of Fire Red? You know, remove Oak's "Are you a boy? Or a girl?" question so that you're automatically a gender without a choice? I don't care if it requires ASM, I already have to hex edit to change the graphics anyway, I just want somebody to point me in the right direction.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
thanks Ark_Silvanos.
I'm waiting for answer to: it is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever? sorry for trouble and thanks for help.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
thanks Ark_Silvanos.
I'm waiting for answer to: it is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever? sorry for trouble and thanks for help.

So far, no known way that is as simple as it seems. One way is to not use the Day Care and utilise that in a script instead to act as a remove Pokemon area, but I don't know if that uses ASM. Otherwise, you will need ASM and extensive knowledge of it to do that.

Years
Alright I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this question or not but here goes.
I am trying to help some people create a digimon hack. But as you may or may not know some of the digimon are pretty huge, and so I find it difficult to fit it into 64x64 space. So does anyone know of any tutorials which will help me?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
thanks Ark_Silvanos.

Currently there are two ways to remove a person's Pokemon forever; HackMew's ASM document and metapod23's script. HackMew's ASM is the better choice, but if you don't know how to insert ASM then go for metapod's (but I still highly recommend that you learn how to insert ASM)

Alright I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this question or not but here goes.
I am trying to help some people create a digimon hack. But as you may or may not know some of the digimon are pretty huge, and so I find it difficult to fit it into 64x64 space. So does anyone know of any tutorials which will help me?

Nope, nobody has been able to do that yet so there won't be any tutorials. In order to have larger sprites, the entire code which deals with storing and displaying sprites would have to be rewritten. Not to mention there would be other problematic areas such looking at your Pokemon in the summary screen or evolutions. Unfortunately you'll have to stick with 64x64 sprites for the foreseeable future.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years

With the way that the GBA hardware works, 64x64 is the limit. Unless of course you completely re-write the entire battle engine. Totally not worth it.

dt200

Was and will be forever alone.
Years
At what offset did Nintendo compile their scripts for emerald? From which offset to which? Thanks!

Last edited:

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
I'm guessing not then. Nothing is wrong with them, I just love the originals, but annoyed by the limitations.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
For number 1, you need to deassociate the .s file from any program, it needs to be a program that has no default Program to open it otherwise Sappy can't open the MPlayDef.s file. To do that, you need a certain program, I dunno if I can link to it, but search for Creative Element Power Tools. It's a series of programs, and one of them can change file associations so you can remove the association you made for .s files and NotePad.

Thanks dude, I'm downloaded Creative Element Power Tools and used it now I can assembly song. But now I has a new problem here, I assembly music to my Fire Red Rom and I test to play the music, the music sound is diffrent with my midi files sound, it's be "urgly" sound. How to make it sound same as my midi sound?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back