• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Official Download" Discussion

Vaati Fulbuster

High level pokemon trainer
Years
Actually mystery gift downloads tend to be extremely quick, even if you have really bad connection. You aren't downloading all that much data probably.

I think so then...
With fast connection i mean 3 lines. (The connection box)
Most often, one line will go wrong, because if you move it the wrong way, (your ds) the connection probably fails...

Years
I really should've paid attention- I thought you needed to use the Dream World to get Deoxys (similar to some other Pokemon in the past). Wasted about 20 minutes, but at least I got the Deoxys on my White 2 in the end. Too bad they didn't offer it for B/W as well.

Years
Just got my Deoxys. And in doing so, I discovered that you don't need the National Dex to get it! >:)

Whether that's intentional or an oversight on Nintendo/Game Freak's part, I don't know. But cool nonetheless! :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I got my Deoxys yesterday. I gotta say, Nasty Plot is really useful for Deoxys, but it's also very tricky to use due to its Carvanha-like defenses (when dealing with its Normal form and Attack form). I believe it's also useful for its Defense form, so it'll not only have high defenses, but also boosted SpA from one Nasty Plot. Regardless, it'll only make Deoxys more uber-material than it already was. ;_;

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just got my Deoxys. And in doing so, I discovered that you don't need the National Dex to get it! >:)

Whether that's intentional or an oversight on Nintendo/Game Freak's part, I don't know. But cool nonetheless! :)
It's no oversight. You could literally trade all 649 Pokémon into the game (and evolve as necessary) and complete your Pokédex before going to the E4, but you wouldn't receive the National Dex itself until after the E4 (by which point it's completed).

Cyclone

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Deoxys Forme

Which forme do you like more and why?

Personally I am enjoying its attack forme. While it can get knocked out with a splash attack. Its atk and sp atk stats are insane. Wish I could use it in PWT. Anywho how about you guys?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Which forme do you like more and why?

Personally I am enjoying its attack forme. While it can get knocked out with a splash attack. Its atk and sp atk stats are insane. Wish I could use it in PWT. Anywho how about you guys?

Just a little thing, the event prefix is for forum-based events in Fifth Generation and this event can be discussed in our events thread, which is what I merged this with :3

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I really like the defense forms look, it's all bulky but still really sleek looking, but I always feel like I'm wasting him when I use his defense form.

Why does Forever has to be so mean -_-. K whatever, speculation moved. Will the red Genesect event move to America?

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
So annoyed the Deoxys event is for english language games.... German, me :(, hasn't had the event. And I was so looking forward to it... I hope they release it for non eng-language games as well sometime in the future, or else it will REALLY be a pain.

Back