• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Now to proof i can do scratches:
wi0vab.png

I would like to work here as a spriter :) I only do scratches though...

That's a great Charizard. And you did it from scratch?
Of course, everyone's a critic, so as not to be alienated from the group called 'everyone', I have my own thoughts for improvement.
~His head should 'dip' into his nose, not slope into it.
~His hand (right ) seems disproportionate from his front sprite size-wise
~I don't know what it is, but his back just seems... odd, to me compared with its extremities.

But that's all just my opinion. Regard or disregard at your will.

That aside, I stopped by to ask if my idea about ??? attacks took, cause if it did, I already got a few moves to post for it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The wings look odd:
dpmba006.png

There's something wrong with the left foot, too.

As for ??? moves, I'm currently reserving the type for Shadow moves (like in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness). If your ideas are good, I might consider having ??? as a more standard move type, rather than just having Curse.

Years
First, about the charizard, I don't know why I didn't see it before, but Charizard's wings aren't blue in the back.

OK I have just a few ???s (Get it? Oh the wit...)
What of Arceus? Will he be different for Shadow type? Will there be a Shadow Type Plate? If so, what of the Programmed-but-unmanifested ???-type Arceus?

Bakun

Not active here.
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Ooops, i did'nt notice that O.o
I'll change that right now ^_^``
EDIT: Here ya go :)
352lrw2.png

THough i did'nt understand what you meant with "Dip it's nose" Tetsu...

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
wichu if you need it i have a piplup scratch...im still workin on it though

scratchpiplup-2.png
or
scratchpiplup-1.png

Last edited:

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Wow! That is an awesome Ambipom and Chatot! Much better than mine. :P

Anyway, I tried again with Pachirisu. I used some advance style shading, and advance style colour pallettte too. Tell me what to change if needed!

PachirisuRS.png

~Smell

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
Wow! That is an awesome Ambipom and Chatot! Much better than mine. :P

Anyway, I tried again with Pachirisu. I used some advance style shading, and advance style colour pallettte too. Tell me what to change if needed!

PachirisuRS.png

~Smell

thats so good, but i would slim up the cheeks a bit, also heres a turtwig

scratchTURTWIG2.png
or
scratchTURTWIG.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Thanks for the sprites everyone, they're great efforts!
They're not perfect, but most things aren't.
The Smell, your anatomy looks slightly off (especially the tail), and it looks quite fat.
KageX, in my opinion, there's too much black outlining. Also, the lines sometimes don't look quite rounded enough.
I'd just like to say I'm considering making a scratch sprite tutorial, if you want to know how I sprite.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I'd just like to say I'm considering making a scratch sprite tutorial, if you want to know how I sprite.

I'd really like to help out with this, so I say that would be a good idea :)
It'll have to wait until the demo for my game is out, kinda busy with that.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Hey! I thinned up Pachirisu, and made the tail look more "right". I also redid a couple of the lines, the grey one lighter, the blue one darker.... Hope you like it better...

PachirisuRS1.png
<New
PachirisuRS.png
<Original

~Smell

Bakun

Not active here.
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
I Just made a shaymin sprite if you want it :)
e05rpc.png
To the left is mine ;)
I can sprite for you, you know.

Oh and with help from Tetsu i was able to improve my charizard sprite:
2qw0rxc.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Shaymin is good, but if you saw a Charizard facing backwards in a Pokemon game, it would be a little strange, wouldn't it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
In my opinion at least, the Shaymin's legs look odd, and its body looks a little too long. Here's the official art for reference:
shayminra0.png

Anyway, I should have the tutorial done tomorrow.

Last edited:

Guardian1239

I have much to learn.
Years
Ugh, I finally finished reading all the posts in this thread. Anyway, I'd be very happy to help with a few things you said you needed.

*Side Quests - I'll need descriptions of places and the general storyline to help with side quests. It's kind of strange, but Pokemon never really has many side quests.

*Team Necros Admins - I'm very good with creating evil characters. I'm not sure why, perhaps because I embrace my dark side? Anyway, I'll need a description of what Team Necros believes as to why they have this twisted, messed up idea of releasing a huge Pokemon.

*Pokemon - I was thinking about ideas for Pokemon, but surprisingly, I couldn't come up with any. You said you didn't really need any more people for this, but I'll inform you if I have a revelation at some point. I have no idea how to sprite Pokemon, but I'm looking forward to your tutorial to see if I'd be interested.

*Moves, Abilities, Items - For this I'll need to know the descriptions of the Pokemon you'll want them to relate to, but I'm sure I'll slowly come up with these on my own. It looks like there are plenty of ideas already, but I'd be happy to help.

I'll check this forum every now and then, but I'm much more active through e-mail ([email protected]) or via the RMVX forums. Tell me what you still need so I can begin working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back