• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
So I am EV training a Combusken for Speed and Power and it went to Level 28 but the weirdest thing happened with it's stat growth. It went like this:

Max. HP +3
Attack +2
Defense +1
Special Attack +7
Special Defense +?2
Speed +2

Is there something wrong with my game or something?
Are you playing a legimate copy of the game?

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Need a guide on how to Breed IV's. Not a guide on what IV's are...I know that much. But I figure I'll take a shot in the dark and try to breed a flawless Chimchar.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
What are you training against, and was the ? there?

To IV breed, you pick parents with high IVs and they will likely pass on to the child. There is no way to control this otherwise

Years
I was battling wild Venipedes for my Speed EVs and the ? was in that stat growth. The game seems to be playing normal now though.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
To IV breed, you pick parents with high IVs and they will likely pass on to the child. There is no way to control this otherwise

To expand on this, the baby Pokemon will inherit 3 IVs from the parents randomly. If you give one of the Pokemon a power item, the stat that it's used for will be passed down to the baby. But if you give both of them a power item, it will only inherit one of the stats that the power items are for, randomly. If you give one an Everstone, then it's more likely to inherit that Pokemon's nature.

Other than that information, the rest is just deciding what you want to breed and what items to give them, not stuff we can really help you too much with.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2011
Empty White Forest

Hi everyone, I have a concern/question about my Empty White Forest.

Am I correct in assuming that if I don't live near someone who has the Black Version, my White Version will never migrate pokemon into the forest?

If I have friends that have the Black Version, but live nowhere near me, is it still possible to connect to each other's unique zone?

Thanks,

Jewnior

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I was battling wild Venipedes for my Speed EVs and the ? was in that stat growth. The game seems to be playing normal now though.

A Pokemon game will only give you the "?" if an Ar is used. It happened to me all the time on my Diamond. I'd used to many cheats throughout the game, not at once, just throughout. It's harmless. Also, Venipedes give Defense Ev's...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hi everyone, I have a concern/question about my Empty White Forest.

Am I correct in assuming that if I don't live near someone who has the Black Version, my White Version will never migrate pokemon into the forest?

If I have friends that have the Black Version, but live nowhere near me, is it still possible to connect to each other's unique zone?

Thanks,

Jewnior

Yeah, unfortunately it's only a local wireless thing, not wi-fi, so you have to be near someone with the game. Probably not the answer you were hoping for. :/

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2011

Yeah, unfortunately it's only a local wireless thing, not wi-fi, so you have to be near someone with the game. Probably not the answer you were hoping for. :/

I figured as much, just makes me wonder why they would butcher a perfectly awesome concept because of that. So the only way is to trade for them then, eh? I mean, outside of getting a second DS and second game...

Years
Venipede give Def? Then why does the the final stage give Speed? I just looked at Scolipede's page thing on Bulba and went for Venipede thinking it gave me 1 for Speed plus the Power Anklet. Guess laziness messed up my training... And I am not using an AR, can't afford one if I wanted one atm.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Venipede give Def? Then why does the the final stage give Speed? I just looked at Scolipede's page thing on Bulba and went for Venipede thinking it gave me 1 for Speed plus the Power Anklet. Guess laziness messed up my training... And I am not using an AR, can't afford one if I wanted one atm.

Nope, because Scolipede gives out Speed Ev's it doesn't mean that Venipede does. Well it must be damaged, I'd ask a professional, that's if you want to take it that far...

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
Years
is it just me or is this game's random encounter rate like a thousand times higher than the previous games?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
is it just me or is this game's random encounter rate like a thousand times higher than the previous games?

Yeah. Routes in Unova are a lot shorter and narrower and the trainers are a bit higher-leveled. It's to help you prepare for battle. Since there's less grass, there's more punishment for stepping into it.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
With my dream World account based off of Black, am I able to register White as well?

What were to happen if a registered game gets restarted, then registered again?... however registering again works... are the points lost?

Just don't want to start a second Dream World account...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
With my dream World account based off of Black, am I able to register White as well?

What were to happen if a registered game gets restarted, then registered again?... however registering again works... are the points lost?

Just don't want to start a second Dream World account...

Not sure about game restarting tbh, but I'd hazard a guess that the points are lost. Don't quote me on that though.

As for the account, you can have one White and one Black on one account.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Hey guys due to exams for the last two months I haven't been able to play my copy of Pokemon White as I was prioritising my studies. However, now that I've almost finished my exams I can relax again and play the game. There's a catch, though. I'm coming to the part of the story where I have to battle the Elite Four for the second time (where their levels range from level 71 to 75) and my six Pokemon are still around level 57 mark. Am I going about things incorrectly? I would have thought that my Pokemon would be higher levels so I can compete against the Elite Four. Is there an area which I can train my Pokemon that I've missed? Or am I doing things as they should be and I'm the one over-reacting?

I'm currently at the Challengers Cave; in case you guys wanted a reference.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey guys due to exams for the last two months I haven't been able to play my copy of Pokemon White as I was prioritising my studies. However, now that I've almost finished my exams I can relax again and play the game. There's a catch, though. I'm coming to the part of the story where I have to battle the Elite Four for the second time (where their levels range from level 71 to 75) and my six Pokemon are still around level 57 mark. Am I going about things incorrectly? I would have thought that my Pokemon would be higher levels so I can compete against the Elite Four. Is there an area which I can train my Pokemon that I've missed? Or am I doing things as they should be and I'm the one over-reacting?

I'm currently at the Challengers Cave; in case you guys wanted a reference.

Battling wild Audino is the best thing (especially at Giant Chasm) or just defeating the other trainers if you haven't already done that. For my Hall of Fame Challenges I train all my team to lv60 but you might want to train yours higher if you feel that that is too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back