• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2009
First, let me thank you for all the great tools. One problem for me though, whenever I download files from sendspace the winzip files have nothing in them??? I've tried downloading from different browsers, doesn't work. Culd you maybe mirror them please?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
Swampert, your tools are simply wonderful. It's been a long time waiting for these kinds of things, but something I fear is missing.

is it possible to edit the price of each item on Gold/Silver REd/Blue/Yellow's mart editor? Because that would have been extremely helpful.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hey, I've got an idea for a program! How about a program for GS that would allow you to edit the picture of the world map, the xy labels, and the town/route names.

You can do all of that with hex, but a program would really speed things up!

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
First, let me thank you for all the great tools. One problem for me though, whenever I download files from sendspace the winzip files have nothing in them??? I've tried downloading from different browsers, doesn't work. Culd you maybe mirror them please?

I'll see what I can do. I'll check the links, and re-upload if needed, but may I suggest using a different extractor like WinRAR or 7-Zip? If they still don't work then it must be the files. I'm having a bit of an issue with sendspace at the minute. Try downloading the files from my website. The link is in my sig...

Swampert, your tools are simply wonderful. It's been a long time waiting for these kinds of things, but something I fear is missing.

is it possible to edit the price of each item on Gold/Silver REd/Blue/Yellow's mart editor? Because that would have been extremely helpful.

Good idea, I'll see what I can research and come up with. Doing something with these programs would spur me on to add crystal to my mart editor;)

Hey, I've got an idea for a program! How about a program for GS that would allow you to edit the picture of the world map, the xy labels, and the town/route names.

You can do all of that with hex, but a program would really speed things up!

I think there is already a program that does this, HFD I think it's called, and runs in DOS. If you can't find it post here again and I'll see if I have it kicking around on my old PC:)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
Good idea, I'll see what I can research and come up with. Doing something with these programs would spur me on to add crystal to my mart editor;)

well, thanks man! Looking forward to what you can cook up!

don't you feel a little intimidated by all the requests so far?

Swampert 22

Years
well, thanks man! Looking forward to what you can cook up!

don't you feel a little intimidated by all the requests so far?

Well yeah, kinda, seeing as I'm not really that good a programmer... All I can do is research the stuff people request and see if I can make it!

Of course I cannot do everything, only see if I can do a few things around the busy schedule I already have:D

Melash

Back for now.
Years
I think there is already a program that does this, HFD I think it's called, and runs in DOS. If you can't find it post here again and I'll see if I have it kicking around on my old PC
Yeah, I know about that, but it's really, REALLY annoying to use. I use it, but it takes a long time. A program where you actually use your mouse to click would be much better...!

Swampert 22

Years
ItemEd GSC

Well, Philman you asked for this so I hope you like it! May I present to the masses, ItemEd GSC!

itemedgsc.png

This tool will allow you to edit what the items do in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Japanese Gold, Silver and Crystal ROMs. It is heavily based on Coolboyman's Ultimate Item Editing tutorial that can be found here. I have included his tutorial and hex values into the program, so if you want to quickly check up on it or you're offline, it makes it easier! Also it uses Darthatron's HEX editing functions for which I would like to thank him ;)

You can download the file here!

Download, enjoy and tell me if you like it!

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2008
Hey, I was just wondering if there was a program exactly like StartEd GSC
except for the yellow version?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2008
Wow, you made a lot of tools. you must be really good at this. Thanks for letting me dl a tool :)

Swampert 22

Years
hey swampert22 do you plan on making a feature for the DPP pokemon editor that alows you to edit the Platinum exclusive forms stats.

Well, I already have in the Deoxys and Wormadam stat forms, I did do some searching but couldn't find the data for the other forms Shaymin, Rotom, Giratina etc. They seem to be located some distance away from the rest of the data. This leads me to believe that there is maybe a lot of free spaces for Pokémon inbetween...

Anyway, If I do figure anything out, then I'll add the data in;)

Hey, I was just wondering if there was a program exactly like StartEd GSC
except for the yellow version?

Well seeing as it is based around Pikachu, and that being the only starter, the data would be hard to find. I'll see if I can locate it and probably make a RBYG starter editor. How does that sound?

These tools are great! Keep it up!

Thanks man, and I will keep it up for as long as I have ideas and the drive to make them...

Wow, you made a lot of tools. you must be really good at this. Thanks for letting me dl a tool :)

Yup, I've been rolling off tools for a while now! You're more than welcome to download as many as you want:)

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2008
Well seeing as it is based around Pikachu, and that being the only starter, the data would be hard to find. I'll see if I can locate it and probably make a RBYG starter editor. How does that sound?

that sounds great ;), your tools are fantastic and really appreciated :)

Years

I had the pointer, but I can't seem to find it. If you ask Black Phantom, I'm sure he'd be happy to give it to you, if he's still got it somewhere. :P

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
The ASM for the R/B starter choices begins somewhere around (after) 01D157. Dunno the exact location where you can change the Pokemon. The text he says is based on the value read from $CF13 ($01 for Bulba, $02 for Charmander, $03 for Squirtle).

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
Awesome tools :]

Thanks for giving me permission to include them into PokeBase :D

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
I had the pointer, but I can't seem to find it. If you ask Black Phantom, I'm sure he'd be happy to give it to you, if he's still got it somewhere. :P

Found it! The original tutorial by Vida Translations:

For Pikachu,
The address which will change it is 1CB41 which represents Pikachu and 1CB66 which stores up Pikachu's data.

I am sorry that the battle screen where OAK captures Pikachu is not found out yet.

In 1CB41, you will see the value "54" which represents Pikachu as you can see in the downloaded list. Alright, you can juz change that value to some other Pokemon you want using its Hex values. BUT after you changed it, the Pokemon WILL NOT follow you anymore.

For Eevee,
The address which will change it is at 3A289 which represents Eevee's Level which is "05". You can simply change its level to say LVL3 by replacing it to "03". The other address is 3A28A which represents Eevee.

In 3A28A, you will see the value "66" which represents Eevee. Therefore, juz change it the same way as you change for Pikachu. After that, you are done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back