• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading Transition with Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Why does it feel like the RNGers are going out of business? XD

I don't think RNGers will go out of business without Gen 6 RNG. With Hidden Power spreads likely to be jumbled with the addition of HP Fairy, a lot of Gen 4-5 exclusive Pokemon will need to be recaptured with the new spreads.

Anyways, I think we can rule out lack of hack checking for now. Apparently the new bank and transfer features have the new and improved hack check that they were talking about in the last GBU.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
We CAN rule out easy IV breeding though since the bank comes out months after the game does. If RNG doesn't get cracked by then, either people will skip IV breeding until the bank is out or some people are gonna start fresh.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Wait what? We have to wait several months to transfer from previous gens?? D: That's definitely going to affect trading when X and Y come out. And having a new hack checking system will be nice too. But having to pay to transfer Pokemon will be a big drawback for those who have problems paying for it. :(

Reactions: EB

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I thought Bank comes out in December? Not right away?
Edit: Yep, Bulba says December in all regions... except NA. TPCi needs to get it together.

And yeeeeeeah... that's why I'm really hoping Pokecheck survives and updates to 6th gen. Gonna guess that cloning is gonna be badly screwed by this too. Well, sometimes a person needs a break and start completely fresh... sometimes.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
If Pokecheck does update to Gen 6 and you're able to transfer from 5th to 6th like we can now with 4th to 5th, then you wouldn't have to pay to transfer yay. I hope that's possible because I like to save every dollar I can. Guess we'll find out next month right? >.<

Years
I don't use PokeCheck or RNG or anything like that, but I wish there was a way to get Pokemon from previous gens without waiting until December or whenever Pokemon Bank is released. As much as I hate to pay for it, it's $5 a year with a 1 month free trial. It's too bad the software is different & you can't use WFC to trade unless you have another 3DS instead of a DS, DSi, or DS lite.

Back