Age 27
Male
California
Seen February 12th, 2019
Posted October 27th, 2018
182 posts
9.9 Years
For Tahvir:

1. What was your strongest subject in the ECUL?
2. Who is your favorite person in the Gold Tribe, besides your sister Cassandra, and why?
3. When the war is over, where would you want to do? Where would you go?
4. If you could say one thing to Thrace without fearing a death beam, what would you say?
5. Was there anyone at the ECUL who you were friends with? What happened to them afterwards, if so?

Now for the interview. I thought I'd fill this out for Isak from Crimson Dawn.

*ahem*

What is your full name?

Isak Mategu, also known as "the Deft".

When and where were you born?

I hatched in Amoon Village after my adoptive parents found my egg in the forest, twenty years ago or so.

Who are/were your parents?

My parents? Well, my real parents I never knew. I was abandoned as an egg, and that was when my adoptive parents found me. My adoptive parents I can tell you about, however. Let's see... mom was former Gold Tribe who settled down in Amoon, where she met my father who was born and raised in Amoon.

Do you have any family other than your parents?

Hmm... Well, I suppose you could consider Mike and Lenka the closest things to family that I had growing up. Mike was a Ninjask and Lenka was a Gothita, and they were my best friends growing up. I get along well enough with others, but most Pokemon my age didn't like that I was a "Wild" Pokemon, so I got picked on a lot... so did Mike and Lenka, for different reasons. That's probably why we were so close.

I'm also close to Beryl. She's a Donphan and one of my sisters in the Gold Tribe. I doubt I'd be alive today if I hadn't found her.

Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?

When I was growing up, about 10 at the time, I was usually harassed by bullies, chasing after me for whatever pity reasons they could think of. They would call out insults and harass me because I didn't know my real parents, or because I didn't stay to get a beating from them. I didn't like fighting back then, and I preferred to just run as fast as I could away from conflict.

One day, I found a couple of the same guys picking on a Gothita, about my size. Why, I can't remember. Probably trying to get her to help them cheat in class or something. Anyway, I tried to stop them. Got my ass handed to me. I really thought they were going to kill me, but they were stopped by an Infernape who yelled at them about leaving his daughter alone.

That was the day I met Lenka and her father Frederick. Frederick owns a general store in Amoon, and he thanked me for trying to help Lenka. He taught me how to use my ears in battle, and I'm still thankful for the lesson to this day.

Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.

I go wherever the Gold Tribe needs me, but I hope to eventually settle down someplace. The Gold Tribe is full of people of different attitudes and abilities, all who've decided to train and fight in the name of the Emperor. We are brothers in arms, and we have to trust each other above whatever squabbles we may have.

What do you do for a living?

Like I said, I'm Gold Tribe. I go to battle to protect the country wherever I'm needed.

Do you have any special abilities?

I don't consider any of my abilities "special", but I am nimble. Running, jumping, and acrobatics are my strong suits. I have some knowledge of wild plants and their medicinal properties, among other things. I also use my ears to propel myself off the ground, or crack a few ribs with a good blow. Um... That's about it, really. Oh, and I can talk to "Wild" Pokemon. I guess that's about it?

Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, this kind of things.

I look like a Buneary. Do you know what a Buneary looks like? Probably so. Anyway, I'm about a foot tall, really lightweight, with brown and cream-colored fur and brown eyes. I don't wear much except for my climbing gloves and weather goggles, and I haven't seen enough combat yet to have a scar or anything, but I'm told my ears are pretty thick for a Buneary.

Also, my fur is a bit bristly. I've met a few other Buneary while I was at the ECUL, and their fur was much more... fluffy? Mine tends to lay flat.

My appearance isn't really as important to me as for others.

To which social class do you belong?

I'm Gold Tribe. That is apparently a social class in and of its own. Ignoring the status that the golden band confers, I wouldn't say my family was lower class growing up but we weren't exactly middle class either.

Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?

I hate, hate, hate, hate strong odors. My nose is really sensitive, and I tend to cry when I smell something strong that burns my nostrils. My ears are also sensitive, and loud noises tend to knock me out. Other than that... well, I guess there is the fact that I really just don't have upper body strength. I mean, sure my legs are decently strong so kicking is no problem, but my paws can't punch very well. When I use Ice Punch or any other punching move, I have to be really smart about it. Then there is my weight... I get sent flying quite easy if I get hit, and really hampers the force I can put behind kicks.

It's not all bad, however. The sensitivity of my ears and nose provide a big advantage when I'm tracking something, or someone, down. My light weight also allows me to go places easily that others would have trouble getting to.

What does your voice sound like?

Well... it sounds deeper to me, but I've been told its pretty high-pitched and child-like. Definitely not something that strikes fear in anyone.

What do you have in your pockets?

I don't have pockets. I do have a bag I keep stuff in and, at the moment... I have some Bright Powder bombs, a few berries, and a keepsake my mother passed to me not too long ago. Not too sure what it is for, but it's a gift from her so I feel I should keep it with me.

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

Since I consider myself somewhere between a "Wild" Pokemon and an Otori tribesman, as well as Gold Tribe, I know that many things I do can come off as strange to others.

Most notably, I don't worship Arceus. It's the most common religion in the country, but it doesn't make sense to me. I respect the spirit of the land and the world, and the spirit of each Pokemon which inhabits it. In its natural state, every spirit is balanced by another spirit, and order is maintained. A few are the spirit of the land, the spirit of death, and the spirit of fertility, and each has its own name and counterpart. It's a complicated system, which is why most prefer Arceism.

In fact, I think this difference in viewpoint is what is really significant. Most people who worship Arceus imagine themselves and their fellows to be favored by their god, above the world, foreign to it, and this drives them to show little respect to "Wild" Pokemon and have little knowledge of what exists beyond the city walls. I don't want to pretend I am "enlightened" by any means, but city Pokemon struggle when out in the wild while I... don't. I am at home when I am there.

I could go on about the things that make me "weird" but I prefer to ignore the differences so please do not make me.
Torchic, the cute Pokemon.

KajiVenator, a.k.a. Mackinz
Discord: Mackinz#1900