• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Flare - Final Version Released! (1.02 as of 1/23/19)

Years
Introduction/Story

Hey guys, I'm mlem (previously PokemonAce123) and here's my hack, Pokemon Flare.

This hack is a classic journey through Kanto...backwards....or is it?

Team Rocket is going after the three birds! Will you be able to stop them? Come along on this adventure and find out!

Now...on to some features...

Features

-Travel through Kanto backwards
-Physical/Special Split
-Fairy-types
-Gen 4-6 Moves
-TM's can be used more than once!
-Legendaries!
-All starters available!
-Toggleable Exp. All!
-Fight Elite 4 in any order you'd like
-Gym Leader Rematches after you beat the Elite 4
-Fun minigames which let you pay $5000 to win anything from a Magikarp to a Rayquaza
-The chance to destroy Team Rocket's hopes and dreams (unless they destroy yours...)

Just a note about the Exp. All:
Spoiler:

Bugs

Black - Minor bug
Red - Game Breaking Bug

-Status conditions don't display properly in the first rival battle
-Exp. Share gives double exp. to the Pokémon holding it instead of splitting it in half like it should (Feature maybe? Lol)
-There are some dialogues which may not be decapitalized for whatever reason...

-If you find any others, let me know asap so I can try to fix them!

And now....the screenies!

Screenshots

buly_zpspiu9ezcx.png
Pokemon%20Flare%201_zpsrkjgbzqh.png
white_zpsv7kkpk04.png
Starter1_zpsqhbqbjxi.png
Starter2_zps3yodpgjs.png
Starter3_zps1cbtgzqf.png
Pokemon%20Flare%207_zpspmhvyvhy.png
IkihW54.png
onceandforall_zpsvmjcispr.png
g1_zpsdbpo87ow.png
g2_zpsilmatlch.png
dungeon_zpsgkgeimig.png
Bill_zps8kytwqdd.png
yeet_zps8oecpquv.png

Team
PokemonAce123 - the one overseeing everything and doing 95% of the work
All of my amazing beta testers - for not slacking and helping me squash all the bugs, especially Red for making a Word document with all Pokémon locations :)

Credits
Gamefreak/Nintendo - For Pokémon Fire Red (Everything is property of Nintendo, I own nothing :wink-right-eye:)
Foullump - Pokescript tutorials back when I started out
Diegoisawesome - XSE tutorial
Mr. Dollsteak - Rombase
Spherical Ice - Pokemart sells more items with more badges script
HackMew - a lot of the tools we have today are thanks to HackMew's brilliance
Lunos, Daman, Wobb, BreadCrumbs, FBI, Touched, ASD, 5qwerty, Petuuuhhh - Teaching me how to actually use XSE and how to insert ASM routines, a lot of help on both ends, I will be forever grateful <3, and for all the support you guys have given me
The entire Rom Hacking discord - for being awesome

If I left anyone out, let me know!

FAQ
Q: Can I go back to the three islands once I leave?
A:
Spoiler:

Q: Where do I find [insert Pokémon here]?
A: Look at the Locations document

Q: How do I evolve trade evolutions?
A: Kanto trade evolutions evolve at Level 45, Johto trade evolutions evolve at Level 60

Q: How do I evolve Slowpoke?
A: Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro if Defense > Attack at Level 40, and into Slowking if Attack > Defense at Level 40

Q4: Where do I find [insert HM here]?
Spoiler:

Q: Which Pokémon are obtainable in this hack?
Most Pokémon from the first 3 gens (Bulbasaur to Deoxys) are in. There are no new gen Pokémon, nor any plans to add them ever.

Q: I beat the Champion, what do I do next?
Spoiler:

Downloads

Patch onto a clean Pokémon Fire Red 1.0 Rom (I used 1636 Squirrels)
FINAL VERSION 1.02

See the spoiler for details and if you wanna be spoiled, I guess...
Spoiler:

Old releases:
Spoiler:

Discord
If you wanna help out with the hack in any way or want sneak peeks of what's to come, join the Discord server!
Join the hack's Discord server here! ---> https://discord.gg/XcevBuc

Updates
7-21-17 - S.S. Anne Release, ends before you go on S.S. Anne
7-24-17 - Cerulean Gym Release, ends with 6 badges
8-27-17 - 7th Gym release, ends with 7 badges

1-3-2018 - 8th gym release, ends with 8 badges

1-15-2019 Final Version 1.0 Released
1-20-2019 Final Version 1.01 Released
1-23-2019 Final Version 1.02 Released
3-4-2019 Pokémon Locations Word Document and Download 1.02 directly from here :)

11-9-2020 Added in a proper FAQ section and a few other stuff to this post :)

Attachments

• Pokemon Flare Locations.docx
    626.1 KB · Views: 1,411
  • Pokemon Flare Final Version 1.02.ips
    1.1 MB · Views: 757
Last edited:

dmg

Years
Nice hack i like it! where can i find hm cut strength and rock smash? i went to island one but forgot to check the ember spa where rock smash is supposed to be located can i go back and get it?

Years
Nice hack i like it! where can i find hm cut strength and rock smash? i went to island one but forgot to check the ember spa where rock smash is supposed to be located can i go back and get it?

Thanks! Cut can be found where it's usually found, so it'll be available much later. Strength is still in Fuschia, but you don't need it for Seafoam. Rock smash is your prize for beating the goons on three island. Hope that helps! :mudkip^_^:

dmg

Years
i can't access safari zone and so i can't find strength at fuchsia & can i go back to the island one because i went when bill showed up when i beat blaine.

Years
i can't access safari zone and so i can't find strength at fuchsia & can i go back to the island one because i went when bill showed up when i beat blaine.

You won't need strength until victory road, and you can't go back to the islands until much later. I don't know what happened with safari zone but I'll release a fix with it opened.

Years
So is this just a backward fire red back and so does that mean it has the same storyline no new elements to it. Please answer and thank you in advance.

I mean, it's not just a backward fire red hack...it's one full of adventure and trolling and all that good stuff. There are a few new elements to it, like updated maps and harder gyms, plus visiting three islands early on, getting your national dex before the postgame and not to forget the awesome music and the thrilling gameplay. However, it will closely follow the storyline of fire red, just backwards, since that's what it was designed for.

Glad I could be of service :mudkip^_^:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 26, 2019
Just wondering how trade evolutions will work in this hack? Also I experienced a bug where if you faint before reaching cinnabar island, you will teleport next to Blaine in his gym and your Pokemon will be healed. If you beat him you can't leave his gym.

Last edited:
Years
Just wondering how trade evolutions will work in this hack? Also I experienced a bug where if you faint before reaching cinnabar island, you will teleport next to Blaine in his gym and your Pokemon will be healed. If you beat him you can't leave his gym.

Trade evolutions have been removed. And in regards to the bug I'll see what I can do to fix it, that's pretty odd.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Distribution of ROMs is against the forum rules, please attach or post a link to an IPS patch file instead.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 10, 2015
Hey, I've been trying to patch to Fire Red US and EU and it failed on both. Can you tell me what version is it?

Years
Hey guys! I know it's been super long but I'm back! I've added some things and changed other things since last time I was here, so check it out! Download is in the main post! Enjoy!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
Im using the rom patcher the only one that works for all patches on my phone rom patcher but it still doesnt work

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I too am unable to patch it correctly. Using the ignore option in NUPS with the FR Squirrels rom seems to work okay, though.

Years
Im using the rom patcher the only one that works for all patches on my phone rom patcher but it still doesnt work

I too am unable to patch it correctly. Using the ignore option in NUPS with the FR Squirrels rom seems to work okay, though.

I updated the ups file, hopefully there won't be anymore problems, let me know if there are any though!

Back