• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you sell your old games?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Totally.
I'd rather have the money than a game that I never play anymore. I've traded in my games before already, though they were all ones that I don't play.

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
I don't sell my games. I give them to my brothers if I don't like them. Now that we have a Gamefly account, though, I can usually test drive a game before purchasing it.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I sold all of my PS, PS2 and N64 games and now I would love to have my collection back so I learned the hard way to only sell a game if I really didn't enjoy it. Plus I'm a complete hoarder so it pains me a little bit to sell them.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well, I won't sell my old games anymore. There was a few that I did sell and kinda regretting it now.

Years
I think it all comes down to what sort of person you are.

Hardcore gamers, or collectors, would most likely opt out of selling old games. Or even if you just like to have memories or want to have an impressing shelf, but normally it would be the first option. A lot of the time, selling old games will get you a small amount of money, and that doesn't pay up for the joy it gave to you when you picked it up at the store for a mean price. It's nice to play an old game every now then, I pop onto my Color to play a bit of Pokemon Yellow here and there, it's the original Pokemon game and the first I ever played; this game is precious to me. People treasure games, and that isn't a bad thing, games are what makes us happy, entertain us and let us have a good ol' laugh with a bunch of our friends. I know someone who has every Pokemon game, boxed, on his main shelf and you see it whenever you step foot into his room, and I respect him for that.

But then you get the people who don't care about the old, in with the new. Sometimes people could just see it as pointless, they would rather have that bit of extra money to buy some of the new releases. I can't say that I haven't done this, because I have, I was a bit low on buying Guild Wars 2 so I had to look back at some of my older games such as Oblivion GOTY Edition and sell them, I think there are a fair few people around here who have done this. I sell my old games that I hardly ever played, simply because I don't really like them and would much rather have a bit of extra cash saving up for a game I do like.

Ultimately, it will always be your choice. For me, it will always vary. If, as I mentioned, it is a game that I don't like and need cash, I will sell it. But if it is a game I loved and prize, I would just keep it.

Years
I've sold a few games. The only one I wish I had again is SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom for the Game Boy Advance, which I got as a present when I was ten. I'm not against selling games on principle, but unless I am pretty much totally sure that I will never want to play a game again and that it will be reasonably easy to obtain another copy if I somehow do, I won't sell it. I still own Star Wars: Rogue Leader, which seems to have gotten great reviews but that I've only played a few times despite owning it for almost eight years.

I've never sold a Pokemon game, for that matter, though I've lost a couple of them.

Back