• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Username: Starite
Game: Any other than X and Y
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters; If theres any type Im missing any choices in you can go ahead and pick a random poke.
Mode: Normal

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
Username: GreyBidoof
Game: Emerald
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: Should be a balanced team. It's alright if there are two Pokemon of the same type as long as one is dual typed, and there is decent coverage on the rest of the team.
Mode: Expert

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
This should be fun! Sorry about the long list, I can trim it if necessary.

Username: ahuffman
Game: Volt White 2
Pokemon that got away:

Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 pokes, no more than 2 of the same type

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
Awesome team, thanks! Here is my first update:

- Hacked in Aron as my starter and named it Skeleton.
- I also hacked in a Joltik named Webby as my second team member
- I struggled a bit against my rivals Oshawott at the ranch, but emerged victorious after some leveling
- Skeleton swept Cheren's gym fairly easily at lv 13
- Earned the Basic Badge
- After searching for a while, I caught a male Ralts and named it Judo
- I pushed on to Virbank Complex and did some grinding before calling it a night

My current team:

Spoiler:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Been meaning to do this one for ages now. Since I'm nearly done with my White Random run, why not start now.

Username: Totally not Xilfer or anything
Game: HeartGold
Pokemon that got away:

Spoiler:

Parameters: At least one Pokemon from each Region; Gen II/IV evolutions of pre-existing Pokemon count as Pokemon from the region their pre-evolutions were originally from. (Example: Rhyperior counts as a Kanto Pokemon) Same for Pokemon with Gen II/IV pre-evolutions. (Example: Mr. Mime still counts as a Kanto Pokemon)

Also, no two Pokemon of the same type combination.

Quick question: am I allowed to hack my entire team in right off the bat? At their lowest stages and low levels of course.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The Ones That Got Away: Pokemon X
4/8

It's been a while since I posted a proper update. Last time I played the challenge was when I had to do a rush job to the 3rd badge so I could use the game in a tourney with mega evolution available. After that, I did a lot of training, because my team was left cripplingly underleveled for the next gym, which was grass type. So once I had my whole team leveled up to at least 34, I went forward, and fought my rival. He wasn't particularly difficult for my team, but his Quilladin was a bit tough to get past.

I found that despite my type disadvantage, I was still pretty well able to clear the majority of the gym with minimal effort, using Lumineon of all Pokemon, and eventually reached the Gym Leader, Amaro. Jumpluff was pretty easy with Rock Tomb on Kingler, and Weepinbell was also easily dispatched by Kingler, who should be wielding a pretty powerful Return right now. Gogoat was a bit scary, and he almost beat my Kingler, which probably wouldn't have been an issue anyway given my Alomomola's ridiculous level.

Team:
Spoiler:

Expect and OP update soon now that there's over a page of updates to add finally, haah!

Been meaning to do this one for ages now. Since I'm nearly done with my White Random run, why not start now.

Username: Totally not Xilfer or anything
Game: HeartGold
Pokemon that got away:

Spoiler:

Parameters: At least one Pokemon from each Region; Gen II/IV evolutions of pre-existing Pokemon count as Pokemon from the region their pre-evolutions were originally from. (Example: Rhyperior counts as a Kanto Pokemon) Same for Pokemon with Gen II/IV pre-evolutions. (Example: Mr. Mime still counts as a Kanto Pokemon)

Also, no two Pokemon of the same type combination.

Quick question: am I allowed to hack my entire team in right off the bat? At their lowest stages and low levels of course.
Take Raichu, Granbull, Donphan, Sharpedo, Torterra, and Vespiquen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I would like to do this challenge as the pokemon I never really actually used the pokemon that I will get.

Username: bladeisbeast11
Game: Sapphire
Pokemon that Got Away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 pokemon, surf and fly must be usable, if tyrogue is chosen then I also want 1 of his evos to be chosen so it's evolution can also be chosen by someone else, and no pokes of the same type combinations.
Mode: normal

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
Update 2:

- Leveled my team up to 20 before Roxie
- Defeated Roxie and earned the Toxic Badge
- Judo and Skeleton made the battle rather easy
- Did the stupid PokeStar stuff
- Beat the Plasma grunts several times
- I am searching for my next team member Eevee

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Oh yeah, I'm gonna play this with a small additional rule for myself: I'll hack in one Pokemon unobtainable in Johto every time I beat a gym. Which is most of them.

• Ahem-- so, picked Totodile as my starter. It appears I can't hack my starter right away, so I gotta roll with it.
  • After beating the rival and getting some Balls, managed to hack in a Turtwig to start off with. Name: Quincy.
  • My cheat codes make every hacked 'mon I find start at Lvl 1. That's gonna be annoying. Took a bit to get Quincy to Level 10, then advanced.
  • After some trainers and an adventure in Sprout Tower, Quincy gets to a pretty high level, so I take on the gym. Despite the typing disadvantage, he takes out Falkner with relative ease.
  • Hacked in a Pichu at Lvl 1 of course. Name: Lenny.
  • Made my way through the cave place and to Azalea Town. Beat Team Rocket, and Quincy evolved into a Grotle.
  • Bugsy was a royal pain in the ass. Lenny was utterly useless because, well, he's a Pichu. In the end I had to spam Curse boost followed by Tackles to just take out his team.
  • Challenged my rival. He, too, was a pain, because of Meganium. It kept spamming Reflect and Synthesis, making it near impossible to beat with what I had. Not to mention PoisonPowder, urgh. Spamming Curse worked wonders in the end though, along with a few Potions.
  • Made my way to Goldenrod City.
  • Got sort of preoccupied with the Stadium Arcadium and Voltorb Flip (played for three hours straight on that) so I forgot to hack in another 'mon. I'll do it later. Currently saved at the arcade trying desperately to get to level 8.

Team thus far:

Spoiler:

Years
I completed this on LeafGreen a while ago but I never got around to update it due to a lot of things going on right now

Anyways here is the hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Here is the final team:

091.gif

Shelly|Female|Hardy Nature|Shell Armor|Lvl 56
Blizzard
Surf
Icicle Spear
Spikes
I don't know why I haven't used her before but I am defenitely using cloyster again!

232.gif

Peanut|Female|Hardy Nature|Sturdy|Lvl 55
Rollout
Take Down
Flail
Earthquake
I don't really like the lack of moves it gets in third generation so that's why I probably never used it before, but she was still interesting to use.

047.gif

Minnie|Female|Hardy Nature|Effect Spore|Lvl 56
Solarbeam
Poisonpowder
Leech Life
Giga Drain
An interesting typing indeed- I liked using her so I am defenitely using her again.

306.gif

Lyra|Female|Lonely Nature|Rock Head|Lvl 55
Rock Slide
Metal Claw
Iron Tail
Take Down
An interesting typing and the movepool, defenitely using her again when I get a chance to use her again.

040.gif

Iggy|Female|Hardy Nature|Cute Charm|Lvl 56
Sing
Mega Punch
Strength
Fire Blast
A nice little tank that could take hits for days- I enjoyed using her and I will be using her again in the future :3

106.gif

Bruce|Male|Hardy Nature|Limber|Lvl 57
Reversal
Mega Kick
Brick Break
Meditate
An interesting and strong pokemon to have on team indeed- will try to use him more in the future.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
You may take nidoran m, abra, zubat, cubone, sableye and numel ~
can i switch zubat with natu as that's the only other one that can learn fly and i don't know why i put zubat on there as i used it a few times. i'm fine with keeping it but i've used it before.

Years
can i switch zubat with natu as that's the only other one that can learn fly and i don't know why i put zubat on there as i used it a few times. i'm fine with keeping it but i've used it before.

I am not exactly sure on what to do - Since Necrum is the owner of this thread he will have to decide weather you can switch or not~

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Just a heads up, my DS seems to have broken down so I'm going to have to postpone this challenge for a while, until I can get a new one. I would restart it on an emulator, only DS emus suck.

Auserk

Auserk
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
While doing a 4 Flyer Random pokemon challenge atm I feel like playing with some tough pokemon I have never used.

Username: Auserk
Game: LeafGreen
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokemon, 2 Steel Type, 1 Surfer.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
While doing a 4 Flyer Random pokemon challenge atm I feel like playing with some tough pokemon I have never used.

Username: Auserk
Game: LeafGreen
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokemon, 2 Steel Type, 1 Surfer.

Take Forretress, Steelix, Dewgong, Muk, Arcanine and Dragonite

Anyway, I suppose I'll try this.
Username: Oshamaru
Game: Platinum
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters:
6 Pokemon, no same types (if one type is the same but the other isn't, it's ok)
Mode: Expert

Back