• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digivolve! into The Digimon Fan Club

Years
I'm so pro pokemon that some guys ask me how would you feel if someone said: Digimon better than pokemon? I would agree. I like Digimon more than pokemon
Omnimon > Mewtwo.

Off the top of my head I like Diaboramon's baby form from Digimon the movie.. Our Digital Wargame*

I watched that guy with glasses he said the digimon community hated that film.
I really like Digimon the movie. I even watch it from time to time still and still enjoy it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
To be honest, there will always be people who will lean more towards Pokemon and some others will lean towards Digimon. It's a matter of opinion and to me I respect both sides efficiently. I actually grew up with both, so that's a plus. :P

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm so pro pokemon that some guys ask me how would you feel if someone said: Digimon better than pokemon? I would agree. I like Digimon more than pokemon
Omnimon > Mewtwo.
It depends on what I'm comparing between the two.

Pokemon has the better games, compared to Digimon's. While I did enjoy playing Digimon World 2, that's really the only one that I can say I enjoyed. Mostly the games had some weird feature that made them difficult to play, or the RPG mechanics in them were "off" to me. Digimon World Dusk/Dawn had some good features to them, enough that I think about replaying them...but then I remember just how bad the storyline was. Meanwhile, with Pokemon, I'm always wanting to replay the games, exploring new things or trying different Pokemon. It's just more fun for me to play Pokemon.

When it comes to which one I'd rather watch, that goes to Digimon. The differing seasons of Digimon have new characters to explore, deeper plotlines, and are just more interesting to watch again and again than Pokemon's anime. Pokemon is nice for the nostalgia factor, but Ash's characterization is grating to me, and I'd rather watch Digimon (which entertains me) over Pokemon.

As for the monsters themselves, I like a lot from each franchise. Really, I like Nidoking on the same level as I like V-mon. I can't say that there's one series of creatures that I can fully like over the other.

Years
It depends on what I'm comparing between the two.

Pokemon has the better games, compared to Digimon's. While I did enjoy playing Digimon World 2, that's really the only one that I can say I enjoyed. Mostly the games had some weird feature that made them difficult to play, or the RPG mechanics in them were "off" to me. Digimon World Dusk/Dawn had some good features to them, enough that I think about replaying them...but then I remember just how bad the storyline was. Meanwhile, with Pokemon, I'm always wanting to replay the games, exploring new things or trying different Pokemon. It's just more fun for me to play Pokemon.

When it comes to which one I'd rather watch, that goes to Digimon. The differing seasons of Digimon have new characters to explore, deeper plotlines, and are just more interesting to watch again and again than Pokemon's anime. Pokemon is nice for the nostalgia factor, but Ash's characterization is grating to me, and I'd rather watch Digimon (which entertains me) over Pokemon.

As for the monsters themselves, I like a lot from each franchise. Really, I like Nidoking on the same level as I like V-mon. I can't say that there's one series of creatures that I can fully like over the other.
The person who asked me the question wasn't a fan of either, and was trying to prove a point. The digimon anime was amazing and had some great storylines but their GBA games were subpar (and I never heard of a wonderswan until 2012) Where pokemon "succeeded" is when they released a decent RPG game that is simple enough for a child to play and it aged well and matured. I would love to play a browser based digimon game or a DS game of Digimon that has a decent Battle System. Part of the success of Pokemon is that you could battle against your friend. The only Digimon games that you could fight against eachother are Spirits 1 & 2, and Digimon Racing. So make a decent fighter or RPG style battle system.
Anime: Digimon > Pokemon
Games: Pokemon > Digimon

(I love digimon, I apologize if I seem a little critical. The reason I'm still in both is because of the games.)

Has anybody played Digimon Online?

Last edited by a moderator:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I know the PSP digimon games, have great battlesystems like a step up from the DS' which wasn't bad, but it had some flaws I.e. certain moves looking the exact same as another. But in general the games aren't the best compares to pokemon. At least the anime follows a plot and the characters age. None of that 10 for six years.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Username: Eevee
Favorite Digimon: Patamon
Topic answer:
My favourite Digimon character would be either TK or Kari. I literally can't really decide!
I like TK's personality and such because he's just so kind to everyone and he has a great sense of humour.
I like Kari's sense of humour as well, especially how she reacts with Davis in Season 2. It's so fun to watch. xD I also plan to name my kid Kari if I have a girl when I'm married.
Codeword(see rules): Digivolve!

Years
Hello EEvee :)
I like Patamon's digivolution line :]
I also plan to name my sons names gonna be Tai.
How do you feel about Wallace (movie) or Henry (season3)? :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I wish more was done with Wallace. Who was this kid that had the ability to go across the country alone? In America, especially. I understand that cultures are different, so in Japan hitchhiking is not that big of a deal as it is in America. (The Chosen Children hitchhiked with random strangers in Adventure after they returned to Japan. Sora's "cousin" Duane was actually just some random guy with a car big enough to carry seven children.) Same with letting kids go off on their own. So it was just weird that an American kid is off on his own, chasing after a wild Digimon. I don't remember if he even had parents in the original. I know he had a mother in the dub, but that was only to drop exposition that Wallace is going from New York to Colorado.

That whole movie was a mess in the dub.

I like the idea of Wallace, a kid with two Digimon to raise. There's a lot to explore there. Not only with just how Wallace feels having two Digimon compared to the rest of the Chosen Children, but how his Digimon feel. Do Terriermon and Lopmon get jealous of one another? How does evolving work if Wallace is in trouble? Would a Chosen Children team consider Wallace stronger than the others just because he has two Digimon? Would he be more of a target from bad Digimon because he has two Digimon?

So many questions.

Henry is a lot better of a character with a Terriermon than Wallace was. For one thing, Henry's developed. For another thing, his relationship with Terriermon is different because Terriermon isn't just Henry with floppy ears. Henry's a mature voice of wisdom. Terriermon tends to run on the sarcastic side, particularly in the dub. But Tamers isn't a season that I've watched as much as 02, so I can't say much about Henry.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Username: Murkmire
Favorite Digimon: Wormmon

Who is your favorite character? Definitely Ken, from Season Two of the original Digimon. I really liked his character, and I even cried during a... certain part of his development. One of my favorite fictional characters.

Years
Murkmire welcome to the fan club :)
Maybe one day we can have a Jocross and get Dino-Beemon :3

-Astinus
You said pretty much everything I would've said and it sounds like you actually watched the sub.
I cannot review the sub but I know some scenes were removed like
Spoiler:

Overall I still find Digimon The Movie entertaining to watch (I'm saying this with 10% to 20% nostagia).

I think Wallace was one of my favorite characters for a long time because he had the responsibility of raising two digimon. I'm upset that I didn't see more of him in the TV show even in the part when they were traveling the world in the final part of 02.

May I ask a question. At the end of 02 the whole world knows about digimon. In Our digital world game (Our Digital War.. I forget the title) the whole world are watching monsters fight seamlessly on 56K connection. That they become toys in Tamers.
Is there a timeline for everything?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
The Digimon movie's animation is so...weird compared to the show. But the battling scene in the beginning still looked pretty neat.

Little Kari is just so cuteeeeee I can't take it >w<

Schizii

Always tired.
Years
Username: Schizii
Favorite Digimon: Gatomon!
Who's your favourite character?
My favourite character, humanwise, would have to be Tai or Matt. Both of them stood out to me and I thought they were cutie patooties~
As for digimon-wise, my favourite is most definitely Gatomon. I enjoyed her attitude and her backstory the most out of the other digimon, and I liked her three dimensional attributes as a character. vuv
Codeword: Digivolve!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Tai and Matt were mostly the main characters of Digimon Adventure 1, so it makes sense that they're mostly the favorite of everyone. I will admit, Matt is pretty cute though! /noshame

& Gatomon is my...third favorite (Palamon and Biyomon were my two). I really love her digivolved form, which is Angewomon. When I saw it the first time I was literally surprised that she would evolve into a human-type digimon instead of a bigger cat form. xD

Years
I animation of the Digimon Movie is so much more fluid than the TV shows animation. I'm loving the animation of it (I'm watching it right now)

This is a link to a review and commentary of the movie. Neither of the two seem to really like the film, but they don't disrespect the film, and it seems that 1 of the reviews is a fan of digimon.

& Gatomon is my...third favorite (Palamon and Biyomon were my two). I really love her digivolved form, which is Angewomon. When I saw it the first time I was literally surprised that she would evolve into a human-type digimon instead of a bigger cat form. xD
Is Gatomon a rookie or a champion? I know it was originally a champion level, but according to the wikia it has been changed to rookie.
eWe

Hello Schizii :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Fading Tree said:
Is Gatomon a rookie or a champion? I know it was originally a champion level, but according to the wikia it has been changed to rookie.
eWe

http://legacy.shadowlordinc.com/media/D/Digimon_Evolution_Chart.htm

According to this, she is still a champion level, but I'm not sure about that. She has probably 1-2 digi-evos before (Salamon digivolves before Gatomon but there's also a prior digivolution).

Years
http://legacy.shadowlordinc.com/media/D/Digimon_Evolution_Chart.htm

According to this, she is still a champion level, but I'm not sure about that. She has probably 1-2 digi-evos before (Salamon digivolves before Gatomon but there's also a prior digivolution).

I read more into Gatomon being a rookie. Apparently if Gatomon doesn't have a ring on its tail it can be considered a rookie. (part of me feels like Rookies/Champions/Ultimate/Mega are just a guideline for how strong a mon could be, and in all reality an Agumon could be as strong as a Mega w/out digivolving. Looking at it in this respect. The Stage of the digimon could be compared to Power Levels from DBZ.. they mean little to the series as a whole.)

I think one of my favorite McGruffins are the Eggvolutions. (I find it interested how some Eggvoltion digimon exist past 02. I want to say that the Digimon Worlds are not interconnected, but Xros Wars would disprove that. Which makes me wonder if Xros Wars transported the protagonist of the other digimon series, why not make a few new guys to teleport and fight along, and hint for future digimon shows* just an idea.)
---
What hooked you into Digimon? That made you last a fan for so long?
I know for me I would change between Fox and the WB for Digimon and Pokemon. When I was really young I was able to watch pokemon after school everyday. (How I miss afters chool cartoons.) While Afterschool cartoons were airing less and less I was able to catch Digimon Frontier. The Duskmon plot had me hook, a long with many other storylines, and I really liked the characters (though they were a bit cliche. Tayu (Red Guy. Likeable/Unlikable Unlikely Hero, Blue Guy .. Depressed Loner ... Pink Girl Zoey .. just a girl ... Tommy was interesting, JP was just there too it seemed, but from start to end of the series it feels like all the characters grew. They felt a bit more mature by the end... Zoey and Tau (Red/Goggles) were almosted shipped.... Dang it... Digimon never has any relationships in it..... that go anywhere.... each potential ship is a mere tease... ).

I'm not going to rewatch Frontier, I want to remember it with my nostagia glasses of how awesome it is.
While I try to rewatch 01, 02. I can watch a few episodes but I dont have the same exitment for it or rewatchablity as lets say Avatar: Last Airbender.
Tamers was the worst for me to rewatch. My second watch through was magically. I loved every minute of it I cried during some parts and in my young 14/15 year old self I was shipping Kato(Goggles)/Jeri. But my third watch of the series I felt nothing even near the end with everyone in the digital world. I still remember it as being an awesome series though from my first and second watch though..

I think one reason besides 'nostagia' or just completely loving Digimon as a series. Is that I love the monsters that digimon are. They are compaions that battle beside you, and they can be your friends. Digimon are not pets, they are friends. Which is why I think I would prefer a digimon over a pokemon. (no flamewars)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
You said pretty much everything I would've said and it sounds like you actually watched the sub.
I cannot review the sub but I know some scenes were removed like
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I think Wallace was one of my favorite characters for a long time because he had the responsibility of raising two digimon. I'm upset that I didn't see more of him in the TV show even in the part when they were traveling the world in the final part of 02.
The unfortunate side of Digimon having different producers/directors for the shows and the movies. Things that happen in the movies don't have bearing on the show because they're treated as two different entities. Which is a shame in some ways because I would have loved to see more Wallace.

May I ask a question. At the end of 02 the whole world knows about digimon. In Our digital world game (Our Digital War.. I forget the title) the whole world are watching monsters fight seamlessly on 56K connection. That they become toys in Tamers.
Is there a timeline for everything?
Tamers and the Adventure series are two completely different universes. In Tamers, the Adventure seasons are a television show for the characters in the third season. That's the only way that they're connected. Which is why no one in the Tamers "real world" knew about Digimon even though everyone had Digimon at the end of 02.

The timelines I use are from the Digimon Encyclopedia.

American Adventure timeline
Japanese Adventure timeline
Tamers timeline

Years
Username: AoTora
Favorite Digimon: Wizardmon!
Topic answer:

Why is it your favourite digimon?
I really liked his friendship with Gatomon and the way he protected her and Kari sacrficing himself in the process :( I also loved his design! His name might be unoriginal but I still like it :3

Schizii

Always tired.
Years
Last I remember, Gatomon's a champion digimon. The ring just helped boost some of her holy power. Without it, I believe she still retained some champion power, just not to the full extent. I never quite understood how in the anime though she never degenerated into her in-training/rookie stage. I'm sure it was explained, I've just forgotten it. fhdskja

Ahh gosh, I'm so rusty on my Digimon knowledge.
Looks like this Spring vacation I'm gonna need to rewatch everything. |D

Speaking of watching Digimon, anyone have a favourite season/series? c;
I'm personally very fond of Digimon Adventure .01, mostly for the fact it was, literally, my childhood. [And Pokemon, of course~]

Back