• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Where would you live?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
If you could live anywhere in the Johto region (based on what you've seen in the games), where would you stay? Azalea Town? Olivine City? Why?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Goldenrod City because I am a big city fan myself. I would enjoy the large Pokemon Department Store in the middle of the city, as well as the shops. And having a train station right nearby makes things ultimately convenient!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
In Johto, I would probably find myself in Goldenrod as well :3. I love nature and quieter places but honestly, all the amazing things this town has to offer, definitely makes it a great place to live in. The National Park would be a stroll away and it'd only take a moment to get to the Pokeathlon if I ever felt bored or in a competitive mood.

There's the huge Department Store, where I could get everything I needed for a comfortable life, the Magnet Train so if I ever needed to pop by Kanto it'd be right there for me, the Name Rater, honestly a better question would be "What does this city not have?". So yeah I'd definitely live in Goldenrod <3333.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Goldenrod is okay, but I'm not a fan of the cities. I mainly like Goldenrod for the GTS, the Game Corner, and the Magnet Train.

I'd so live in Ecruteak or Cianwood. Reason for Ecruteak is that I love the pagoda style houses and Japanese themed music, and I really like Bell Tower. But I'd live in Cianwood because it's close to the Whirl Islands and the Safari Zone. Not to mention the sea path to Hidden Tower. Plus, the medicine readily available in a small little house was really nice.

Last edited:
Years
I'd live in Goldenrod City for its Department Store, Magnet Train, and being close to the National Park and Pokeathlon Dome.

Ecruteak City would be a close second due to the Japanese look and the beautiful music and those cute Kimono Girls!

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
In Goldenrod, you have the Department store, Magnet Train, GTS, Game Corner, close to National Park, Pokeathlon Dome, etc.

I think it has most stuff and would be fun to live in, and it wouldn't be THAT hard to get lost, though it could be possible xD

Years
My two top choices would either be Goldenrod or Olivine City. I think I'd lean a litter closer to Olivine, though, as it isn't all that far away from Goldenrod, so I could just take a trip there if I wanted to see anything. Olivine, though, is situated right along the sea (which I love), and it's next to the Battle Frontier, which I spent a good chunk of my time at, anyway.

Pinta77

Ya, Olivine because it's a nice beach place. Also, in hg and ss it's near those new cave areas.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I'm going to break the trends here and say Blackthorn City. Mostly because I love Dragon types, and I personally think having the Dragons Den in the back is pretty cool. Ecruteak would be second for me, since it has nice towers, the style of the houses is pretty awesome, and Morty happens to be a Ghost type user, another of my favorite types.

Years
Olivine. I get to live near the sea! :D I love the little plot of beach you can explore right before you use surf to get to Cianwood. (: It's also relatively close to Goldenrod so I can make occasional trips to go shopping and participate in the Pokéathlon!

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Olivine. I would love to live there because it seems really peaceful there, and you got a beach close by! Also lighthouses are cool hah.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I would live in Azalea Town. I prefer calm towns rather than noisy cities. Also it's next to Ilex Forest and, who knows, I might get to see Celebi sometime. The Ilex Forest shrine is full of mistery and I like that.

And I could get some apricorns too, in order to make some cool balls, so I like the idea of living in Azalea Town.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I'd live in New Bark Town, because the HG/SS theme makes me smile!

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Cianwood city of Olivine, seems like a more relaxed way of life and ive always liked living near water.

SneakyEpicface11

PkMnMaster Ben
Years
Cherrygrove city, because it is a peaceful town by the sea, as you can see. My pokemon (and also myself) would all be relaxed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
If I'm asked, I would answer Cherrygrove or Violet city... and also new bark town... Because those places are quiet and prosperous.. :)

Back