• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I didn't know there was a Nintendo Direct tomorrow...sadly it's at 7 am...I'll be commuting to school around that time meaning I'll have to miss it :(

Where did you see that?

New Rumors everyone!!!

I work for a magazine in the UK and got sent an email a couple of weeks ago with apparent Pokemon X & Y 'facts'. The writer says they are from a European marketing team (did not mention which one).
I don't really think they are true, however a couple of things were right. Posting on here to see whether any had been already confirmed as true or fakes.
I'll post the few kinda 'confirmed' ones, they way they were written is not concrete which is why I doubted the rest are completely true, but at least maybe they are fun rumours to share.
Two tv spots will be launched prior to release each with a new pokemon briefly shown to gain hype. A new normal-type unevolved pokemon (the grey one in the new uk trailer?) and a new poison-type pokemon with no evolutionary line.
Three new evolutions of Gen VI pokemon will be released on the official facebook page prior to launch. (Doublade just released I guess?)
The new Starter evolutions will be released. But no final evolutions until the week leading to the 12th October. (Well true so far)
Mewtwo will have two forms, one for each game version. The second will not be announced until later on for fans to get used to the idea of mega evolutions. (This is one of the main things that made me post)
And the rest:
Rhyhorn will be first pokemon you get to ride in-game. You cannot ride Rhydon. The pokemon you ride in-game are not available for battles. (Guessing this means they act like the bike?)
Main professor in the game will be female, with male professor (I'm guessing Sycamore?) as main plot driver.
Pokemon from all previous generations will be able to be caught in-game, making it easier to complete pokedex without having to trade or use pokemon bank service. Re-emergance of 'Gotta Catch 'Em All" to regain Gen 1 fanbase.
Harder to catch specific pokemon as more will be available in each route. Percentage of each pokemon appearing is lower.
All starter pokemon will get mega evolutions and one from each generation will be obtainable throughout the game as part of male professor's research.
Not all legendaries are getting mega evolutions. There is no mega evolution for Mew, Cresselia and Genesect. They are confirmed to not have any.
No Gen V pokemon will get mega evolutions. [Mod Note: Later in the comments claims he made a typo, it's No Gen VI Pokemon]
And this was apparently to help me?...
The European names of new pokemon are not sent to the marketing team until 3 days prior to announce, to reduce leaks. This means any names currently 'leaked' are fake unless revealed within the week.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Where did you see that?

New Rumors everyone!!!

I work for a magazine in the UK and got sent an email a couple of weeks ago with apparent Pokemon X & Y 'facts'. The writer says they are from a European marketing team (did not mention which one).
I don't really think they are true, however a couple of things were right. Posting on here to see whether any had been already confirmed as true or fakes.
I'll post the few kinda 'confirmed' ones, they way they were written is not concrete which is why I doubted the rest are completely true, but at least maybe they are fun rumours to share.
Two tv spots will be launched prior to release each with a new pokemon briefly shown to gain hype. A new normal-type unevolved pokemon (the grey one in the new uk trailer?) and a new poison-type pokemon with no evolutionary line.
Three new evolutions of Gen VI pokemon will be released on the official facebook page prior to launch. (Doublade just released I guess?)
The new Starter evolutions will be released. But no final evolutions until the week leading to the 12th October. (Well true so far)
Mewtwo will have two forms, one for each game version. The second will not be announced until later on for fans to get used to the idea of mega evolutions. (This is one of the main things that made me post)
And the rest:
Rhyhorn will be first pokemon you get to ride in-game. You cannot ride Rhydon. The pokemon you ride in-game are not available for battles. (Guessing this means they act like the bike?)
Main professor in the game will be female, with male professor (I'm guessing Sycamore?) as main plot driver.
Pokemon from all previous generations will be able to be caught in-game, making it easier to complete pokedex without having to trade or use pokemon bank service. Re-emergance of 'Gotta Catch 'Em All" to regain Gen 1 fanbase.
Harder to catch specific pokemon as more will be available in each route. Percentage of each pokemon appearing is lower.
All starter pokemon will get mega evolutions and one from each generation will be obtainable throughout the game as part of male professor's research.
Not all legendaries are getting mega evolutions. There is no mega evolution for Mew, Cresselia and Genesect. They are confirmed to not have any.
No Gen V pokemon will get mega evolutions. [Mod Note: Later in the comments claims he made a typo, it's No Gen VI Pokemon]
The European names of new pokemon are not sent to the marketing team until 3 days prior to announce, to reduce leaks. This means any names currently 'leaked' are fake unless revealed within the week.
Pokejungle... they had a reminder. They're to talk about the games being release this year...so I'm guessing XY will appear...

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Gen V Pokémon had no Megas as they haven't shown one yet even though they could've had one of every generation amongst the first batch...

According to Serebii Pokémon Get * Tv (the replacement to Pokémon Smash) on the 6th will be ranking the feature of XY....

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I don't think tomorrows Nintendo Direct has anything to do with Pokemon, but rather Legend of Zelda and something else I can't recall.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think tomorrows Nintendo Direct has anything to do with Pokemon, but rather Legend of Zelda and something else I can't recall.
All I've read about it (I checked other sources too) is that it'll cover the upcoming games of the year...most likely the fall line up of which Pokémon XY happen to be a part of so there's a decent chance they'll be mentioned.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So, guys, because of the fact that the the 3DS is currently unhackable, does this mean we'll go back to the "PokeGods" days where people make rumors on how to get a certain rare Pokemon that wasn't shown on official guides or websites due to the lack of a hacking device to read the codings (Finding Mew on a truck, Pikablu, etc.)? This would help keep this thread alive after XY's release until someone finally manages to hack into the 3DS and debunk the rumors.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Where did you see that?

New Rumors everyone!!!

And the rest:

The only issue with this is Gamefreak already said Sycamore IS Kalos' regional Professor...so he IS the main professor. He can't not be the main professor when Gamefreak specifically named him as the main professor.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I doubt we're gonna get to catch EVERY Pokemon... Unless GF finally cracked and gave into fan pressure and finally made it into a 649+ game.

They sound fake; except for the confirmed stuff.

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
NEW LEGENDARY POKEMON LEAK! The name is "Hiederphal" {XD}
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
NEW LEGENDARY POKEMON LEAK! The name is "Hiederphal" {XD}
Spoiler:

Seems legit to me.

Pinkie-Dawn* I hope it's something like that in the sense that some pokemon will be rarer, specially shinies. I remember when I was a kid my friends told me that Marill was a water evolution of Pikachu and that there was another Pikachu evolution which was Pikaflame Lol.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Seems legit to me.

Pinkie-Dawn* I hope it's something like that in the sense that some pokemon will be rarer, specially shinies. I remember when I was a kid my friends told me that Marill was a water evolution of Pikachu and that there was another Pikachu evolution which was Pikaflame Lol.

I remember the safari zone rumor about Pikablu and Togepi.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Pokemon X and Y leaks thread

If you find any leaks post them in here.

Here are some that I found.

Braizen evolving: the a**hole who took these pictures didn't take a photo of the final evo though but we can see this.
Spoiler:

Years
So, guys, because of the fact that the the 3DS is currently unhackable, does this mean we'll go back to the "PokeGods" days where people make rumors on how to get a certain rare Pokemon that wasn't shown on official guides or websites due to the lack of a hacking device to read the codings (Finding Mew on a truck, Pikablu, etc.)? This would help keep this thread alive after XY's release until someone finally manages to hack into the 3DS and debunk the rumors.

It is somewhat hackable now, though the new flashcard is expensive. Checkout the gateway 3ds. Not sure if you would be able to hack into the game yet though. I'm actually looking forward to any rumors that might come out because that is what made pokemon exciting in the first place.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
With today's technology, anything is hackable. Even the 3DS. But if 3DS does have extra security as people say, then I could see 3DS hacks becoming a lot less common than DS hacks, and maybe even GBA hacks. This may cause the "PokéGod" days to make somewhat of a return. Personally, I was a big fan of those days. The rumors that people were able to stir up kept me really interested in the games, and gave me a good reason to explore deep down into them and figure out if the rumors were actually true or not. d:

Back