• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
Another thing, when a flying pokémon is sent out, the landing sound isn't played, but there is still the shake which shouldn't be here since the pokémon doesn't hit the floor (it stays in the air).
Also, in the games, when Diglett and Dugtrio are sent out, they fade in instead of dropping down from mid-air.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Several changes:

1. Sprite repositioning app comes as a standalone now. The way sprites get positioned has been changed. Front and back sprites are split up again to be using separate positions.

2. I've taken the time to reposition all the sprites for the kit again (the pokemon.txt is in the link above).
IF YOU'RE USING A GEN6 pokemon.txt OR HAVE MADE CUSTOM CHANGES TO YOUR OWN, DO NOT SIMPLY REPLACE THE pokemon.txt THAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR PROJECT FOLDER. THAT WILL ERASE YOUR pokemon.txt DATA.

3. Updated Scene and Sprite script sections to accommodate those new changes. Also updated the resource pack at the first page.

4. I've also fixed up some things in the Animations section. With the vector thing I messed up animations that focus on the user and target.

If your freakishly large sprites go off the screen, I don't care, you can now manually position them how you like. If they are too large for your battle bases, I don't care, get larger battle bases. If you don't feel like doing any of the two above mentioned steps, I don't care, stop pestering me about it.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hey Luka, I have a question to you:
I'm has downloaded the Gen 6 add on for my essentials, and I put the EBS on the project, but the sprites are so small and this gives an ugly appearance to the battle screen. I tryed change the value on the POKEMONSPRITESCALE, but doesn't change anything. Can you tell me how I can change the zoom on the pokemon sprites?
Note: I'm using the 6 gen sprites formated to the SpriteWrapper.
Sry for the bad english, I'm praticing.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hey Luka, I have a question to you:
I'm has downloaded the Gen 6 add on for my essentials, and I put the EBS on the project, but the sprites are so small and this gives an ugly appearance to the battle screen. I tryed change the value on the POKEMONSPRITESCALE, but doesn't change anything. Can you tell me how I can change the zoom on the pokemon sprites?
Note: I'm using the 6 gen sprites formated to the SpriteWrapper.
Sry for the bad english, I'm praticing.
its a change with the Gen 6 project, you have to change it in the settings called BATTLERZOOM, set it to 2.0

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Spoiler:

It's because we can't find bigger problems with your script! :D

Also, speaking about details, I noticed something when a poisoned pokémon loses some HP, the health bar animation is played before the poison animation. Maybe it's the same with the burn status, I didn't verified yet.

Btw, I tried to use this script and it works correctly with EB, that's great.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I know but I didn't manage to get it working (I'm not sure to understand how to use it), also I wanted to have the BGM change too.

Regular trainer battle, without the in-battle speech
Code:
pbTrainerBattle(trainerid,trainername,"end speech")
Trainer battle with the in-battle speech
Code:
pbTrainerBattle(trainerid,trainername,["end speech","in-battle speech"])
Basically you just make the end speech parameter into an array with two strings. First field being the end speech, second being the in-battle one. (You can of course use your _INTL(string) to format your string)

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Ok I know what I did wrong now, thanks for explaining. But I still need the other script to get a new BGM (like the BGM played in B/W when you battle the last leader's pokémon).

I don't know if you can add this feature. Otherwise it isn't a problem, I can still display the message with your method and change the music with the other method.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ok I know what I did wrong now, thanks for explaining. But I still need the other script to get a new BGM (like the BGM played in B/W when you battle the last leader's pokémon).

I don't know if you can add this feature. Otherwise it isn't a problem, I can still display the message with your method and change the music with the other method.
Sure thing. I just updated the Battle and Scene scripts to add for that change. If you want to play a battle BGM, all you have to do is add a third field to the array that will be the name of the BGM (as a string). The BGM change is completely optional, and you can have in-battle trainer speech without having to change the BGM.
Code:
pbTrainerBattle(trainerid,trainername,["end speech","in-battle speech","BWGymLastPokemon"])

I've also added an 8th, completely optional section to the scripts. This one is EntryAnimations, and just like the name suggests, it replaces the default battle entry animations that Essentials features, with 5 brand new ones. To use it you'll also need to save this image here to your ./Graphics/Transitions/ folder (save it as vsBall.png).
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I updated from V2 to the current version just now but my backsprites are waaaay too big just like someone else was saying. They looked fine in v2. How can I turn off the zoom you added to the backsprite, and only the backsprite? Can't use the BATTLERZOOM because that changes frontsprite too, and those are still good.

Florio

Years
Dude, I don't care about your gen 6 sprites, and where the heck you got them from. I didn't provide those resources, and I won't bother with them. Either shrink everything with the defined constants, use the sprites I provided you with, or use the sprite resizer included with the script (don't bother posting about where it is, look for it. Everything is labeled), to reformat your sprites. The backsprites, in my system, will always (forever; until the universe implodes) be 2x the res of the front sprites.

Just say the way to turn off the 2x zoom for backsprites so I can do it to my own. Also your positioner thing shows everything even more zoomed in so I can't even position things accurately.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Just say the way to turn off the 2x zoom for backsprites so I can do it to my own. Also your positioner thing shows everything even more zoomed in so I can't even position things accurately.

The positioner thing doesn't show anything more zoomed in. It shows everything exactly how it should be. With the proper sprites, and properly formatted sprites, you'd get this.
16634dff31aea099312f25ce3b241def.png

If you can't bother to read any instructions, or just read through the first few lines of comments in the code, well...then that's a real shame. You're using absurdly large sprites, that can't possibly fit the current screen size Essentials utilizes, and then want to blame me for that. That's not my problem. That's your problem to figure out and deal with. I've provided more than enough flexibility concerning sprites with my bitmap wrapper.

Florio

Years
So are you using 1x1 sprites? Won't that make it look like shit in Small screen mode though?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
So are you using 1x1 sprites? Won't that make it look like ♥♥♥♥ in Small screen mode though?

No. It makes them look completely normal, and like in the official games in Small Screen mode.
df09ea08e12ab63278d3ade9170bccba.png
vszoroark.png

Side by side. For comparison.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hi! First of all, I think I've already commented on deviant art, but again, this is amazing, and thank you for making it public and dealing with so many annoying comments.

I just recently decided to try and use the system, and am having trouble downloading the scripts. I read through every post in this thread and only saw one person having trouble reaching the files you are hosting on your site. I have tried multiple times with multiple browsers on multiple devices, and your links in the main post to the script sections always time out for me… I tried yesterday morning, last night, and multiple times today, on my home computer using safari and chrome, a second home computer using mozilla firefox. I also tried at school to make sure it wasn't my wifi network, to no avail. Any idea whats up with my connection issue to your site?

(At one point I was able to download all of the audio/graphic/data/PBS resources, but no longer can reach those downloads either)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hi! First of all, I think I've already commented on deviant art, but again, this is amazing, and thank you for making it public and dealing with so many annoying comments.

I just recently decided to try and use the system, and am having trouble downloading the scripts. I read through every post in this thread and only saw one person having trouble reaching the files you are hosting on your site. I have tried multiple times with multiple browsers on multiple devices, and your links in the main post to the script sections always time out for me… I tried yesterday morning, last night, and multiple times today, on my home computer using safari and chrome, a second home computer using mozilla firefox. I also tried at school to make sure it wasn't my wifi network, to no avail. Any idea whats up with my connection issue to your site?

(At one point I was able to download all of the audio/graphic/data/PBS resources, but no longer can reach those downloads either)
I'm hosting the resource packs on google drive, I doubt that should be giving you issues since the site is secure. As for my own site, it could be firewall or anti-malware blocking the site because it is not a trusted source. Also since the .nazuka host adds pop-cash ads onto all the HTML code automatically, your browser may be blocking it because of that. I've compiled the scripts on google drive for you. I've checked, and all the script files are currently online. Try messing around with your browser settings. I assure you I uploaded no malware onto the site.

Back