• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey, that's offensive!

Naturalles

OHHHHHHHH!!
Years
I get offended when it's about me or my friends/family..

I usually get called names that's supposed to be for Chinese people (I'm half Asian) and called names that's for the disabled. Yeah, I'm 100% deaf but it has nothing to do with my learning.

Everyone has the same right as each other. That's why we have human rights.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I get offended by homophobic/racist/sexist comments, and whenever I point them out on why they're wrong using evidence, they're still not convinced because of how they were raised. I soon go into a mental conflict on whether or not they're actually right about their offensive comments and should try to please them just like how I want to please everyone here in PC.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
No, I'm not offended easily, I don't really care what other people say to me, I just let it flow by sooner or later.

Melody

Banned
Years
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia all offend me. Heck, I've been known to get rather offended when someone appears to be bullying their friends who are also my own friends. I just see no excuse for that. No excuse whatsoever. I am not a pleasant person when offended.

Instances where I'm not exactly offended do deeply upset me even. I don't like myself, or anyone I care about, feeling like they're under attack or being bullied.

Last edited:
Years
I can't say as I get offended all that much, but then again, I've always felt that I have pretty thick skin. I probably get second-hand offended at what people say more than anything, especially behind someone else's back. I'm not the kind that likes to get into confrontations, but if you're going to say something about someone that you wouldn't say to their face, then don't say it at all.

As for anything racist, I always just shake my head when someone makes a remark. Nothing makes you better than someone else because of your race/ethnicity, but I'm not going to get in a war of words with someone if their opinion's already ingrained into them (it always seems to come from older folks in their 50s+).

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
No, I am not offended easily. You can call me anything you want, but it wouldn't have any effect on me since I'm already used to everyone hating me. But at times I'm really sensitive, especially if the offender is someone I love, like my sister or my best friend.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I don't really get offended by anything. Certain things may hurt my feelings, but that's an entirely different situation than offence, which I find to be such a nebulous concept anyway. That being said, I'm aware that other people aren't as thick-skinned as me so I make an utmost effort not to say things that may offend other people. As well as this, I get very uncomfortable when people use racist/sexist/homophobic/other stuff in a joking manner; I'm not offended by them, but I just wish people wouldn't say them, even if it's meant in a joking manner.

Years
I love racist jokes but I hate racist remarks. I think it's all about context. With a good joke you can point out the intriguing differences between two cultures. Racist remarks, as I've heard them, are down-right bloody venomous. Especially when they're directed at you or to someone you love, it makes you want to punch out a couple of teeth and slash their tires.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Uh...i dont know :( but i think, yes, i am offended when someone offends me lol. I dont know why. But in the end, I just dont care for them.

Back