• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Finished Psychic Gym, close call. My Wartortle bit her lvl 50 Alakazam to death in between its recovers. Id flashed it to hell too.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 35
Charizard (Silanah) lvl 36
Venusaur (Someshta) lvl 32
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 33
Graveler (Rocklord) lvl 32
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 35

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 30, 2020
I bought the Magikarp though I didn't keep it on my team. Squirtle evolved into Wartortle shortly after the battle with Brock. Not long after Nidoran evolved into Nidorino then into Nidoking while in Mt. Moon, where I picked the Helix fossil. Defeated my rival and nugget bridge, met Bill, then defeated Misty.

Current Team:
Wartortle, Lv. 24
Nidoking, Lv. 23

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Guess who remembered that oh yeah I have a file on Yellow?

Everyone was trained up to around level 10, and I headed onto Route 22 to beat my rival. Everything went well with more Pokemon on the team!

In Viridian Forest, I really hoped that a Caterpie would be my first encounter, and that I could catch this one. Instead, I got a really stubborn Metapod who refused to be captured until I was nearly out of Poké balls. I named him Mazer because Mazer is stubborn and refused to be captured.

Then it was training montage time again! Pretty much the entire team got up to level 12, and I figured that that was good enough to face Brock. It was. Mazer, Bean, and Petra worked together to beat Brock, netting us the Boulder Badge.

Made our way through the beginning of Route 4, and decided to break for the day in the Pokemon Center right at the base of Mt. Moon. I'm not quite willing to go through Zubat Central yet.

Team:
Spoiler:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Just beat ol' Surge. So glad I added a ground type Pokemon to the team. He will come in mighty handy later too.

Ivysaur (Level 28)
Pidgeotto (Level 28)
Dugtrio (Level 29)

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Done Kogas Bug/poison gym and now trying to catch 50 pokemon in the Safari zone for the EXP all. Got Surf and Strength.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 37
Charizard (Silanah) lvl 40
Venusaur (Someshta) lvl 34
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 34
Graveler (Rocklord) lvl 33
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 37

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Up to 46 Pokemon caught going back to previous route to fight trainers id avoided and try and catch last 4 pokemon for EXP all.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 37
Charizard (Silanah) lvl 42
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 35
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 37

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I forgot that I still needed to finish my playthrough of Blue, so I played it yesterday. My events started with me fighting the Elite Four. Lorelei was as tough as I remember her when I fought her. As for Bruno, I relied on Garland and Zemus to beat him. Then when it came to Agatha, I relied Garland and Kefka. As for Lance, I only used Garland. Course during that battle, I ran out of PP for Ice Beam. Then came the battle against Revan. During that battle, I used Garland, Kefka, and Exdeath. After I defeated him, my team and I made it to the Hall of Fame.

After watching the credits, it was time to go to a certain location I had not been to. The location went to was Cerulean Cave (a.k.a. Unknown Dungeon). When I went there, I caught more Pokemon, one of them of course being Mewtwo. Course I did not forget to grab more items. I have seen 138 Pokemon and own 70. Total playtime from starting game to catching Mewtwo was 13 hours, 57 minutes.

Final Fantasy Villains Team
Garland (Blastoise)
Lv. 81
Moves: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Surf, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
Lv. 77
Moves: Rock Slide, Body Slam, Earthquake, Slash

Gabranth (Hitmonlee)
Lv. 76
Moves: Submission, Metronome, Strength, Mega Kick

Cid (Snorlax)
Lv. 76
Moves: Mega Kick, Toxic, Hyper Beam, Solarbeam

Zemus (Aerodactyl)
Lv. 76
Moves: Hyper Beam, Bite, Fly, Sky Attack

Exdeath (Ninetales)
Lv. 76
Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Finally got my 50 caught pokemon and the EXP ALL, now I can move on at last. Also hit a load of trainers id bypassed on the way to the safari zone so got a few level ups.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 37
Charizard (Silanah) lvl 44
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 35
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 37

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
At Seafoam islands, Charizard now knows Flamethrower (thank god!) and Kadabra knows Psychic.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 39
Charizard (Silanah) lvl 46
Venusaur (Someshta) lvl 39
Blastoise (Chelydra) lvl 37
Graveler (Rocklord) lvl 35
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 37

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Done Blaine and now onto Giovannis Gym (halfway through).

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 40
Charizard (Silanah) lvl 47
Venusaur (Someshta) lvl 41
Blastoise (Chelydra) lvl 41
Graveler (Rocklord) lvl 39
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 40

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
So, I finishded my playthrough of Red 1 hour before writing this up. Here, I sum up some of the interesting events that occurred during my gameplay:
1. I never had to teach my Pikachu the stupidest HM in the universe. I was able to cross the Rock Tunnel in the dark, without flash.
2. My Raichu didn't learn Thunder, the move i'd been awaiting since i caught the Pikachu in Viridian Forest (my bad, shouldn't have evolved it at level 35 and used that TM on Zapdos).
3. My Vaporeon single handedly took out Bruno and Lance, with its awesome moveset of surf, hydro pump, ice beam and acid armor(mostly surf against Bruno and ice beam against the dragon master, and acid armor against both of them).
4. Agatha had a hard time going against my Nitdoking's EQs and the final Feissure(which, thankfully, didn't miss) and Zapdos and Charizard finished Lorelei even before she realized that the battle had already begun.
5. The last one, my rival, Blue, was expected to be the strongest, atleast by me, but that guy turned out to be totally opposite to my expectations. He was the weakest of all 5 of them(although I swear I can't stop wondering "HOW THE HELL DID THAT EXEGGUTOR SURVIVE MY level 57 CHARIZARD's FIRE BLAST?!?!")
6. So, i defeated Blue, and was somehow teleported infront of the doors of my house. I entered and encountered the so called mother of mine, who did not seem one bit happy about my acheivement, for she spoke not one word regarding me being the Kanto champ. Just 'take some rest' and 'get outta the house'. That's it..!
6. I headed straight towards the Cerulean Cave, the place I had been dreaming of since i received Charmander, and beleive me, I was shocked to death by encountering a level 57 Rhyhorn. I quickly caught it and headed inwards and used a max repel(although it didn't work, I wonder why?). Then, i caught a Chansey and a Ditto, wasting a few more ultra balls. Enough, I was there to catch the Mewtwo. So, i trudged to depths of cave and experienced the worst experience in Pokémon games, encountering a wild pokémon at every two steps for about half the quarter of an hour.. .. After wandering that vast cave for a month or two, ;-) I finally got to see the awesome, Psychic-legendary, cloned from a cat, Pokémon. That was the strongest pokemon i had ever encountered in Red, with none of my mons even close enough to that levek. So, i straight away threw my Master Ball which engulfed it in a jiffy. Yay!! I caught a Mewtwo.
7. Then, I decided to get my hands on the Missingno. I flew towards Viridian on my Articuno and let that old guy show me the way to catch a weedle, which seems pretty weired after having caught a bunch of legendaries. Then, I flew to the land where the 'hot headed quizmaster' ruled as a gym leader. I got on my Vaporeon and surfed up and down the edge of the Cinnabar Island. After surfing for some minutes, i encountered a wild Pokémon(finally!). I expected to be that error Pokémon, but, it turned out to be a WEEDLE! A level 3 Weedle. I ran and got away safely(XD). I countinued my search and encountered another wild mon. And.. It was a LEVEL EIGHTY-SEVEN Golduck. So, i caught yet another Pokémon. But we wanted something else, right? I just kept surfing along the edge and encountered yet another pokémon. And thankfully, it turned out to be a weired looking beast, a Missingno. But that isn't it. This was level 147 pokémon and i got a heart-attack, with my last words on my lips-"Are You Kidding Me?" So, then my soul came out of my body and sent out Raichu for the battle. My foe's body suddenly started glowing. I had just paralyzed it and it made my Raichu faint with a sky attack. Then, I used my Mewtwo for a critically hit Psychic and captured it with a Ultra Ball.
Thats all for now, and probably, for ever. As for now, I'm sitting at the Rocket Game Corner and gambling at a slot machine, making my way to bankruptcy....

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Well ive not played this for a good while now, got to the elite four and beat all but Lance but then lance massacred me and I couldnt be bothered to try again.

Now I tried again and killed lance first try and now onto Rival, killed 4 out of his 6 but Cloyster killed all survivors in my team with Aurora beam. He has Flareon by the way.

All my team is sub 50 I think and most are low 40's so doing pretty well against his level 60's.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Did Blue today on the third attempt, lots of flashing from Norrell to kill their attack or double team and thunder waves from pikachu. Just got Mewtwo afterwards too but forgot an escape rope so stuck having to fight my way out or die ugh.

Team

Chelydra (Blastoise) lvl 47
Faratay (Pikachu) lvl 42
Silanah (Charizard) lvl47
Someshta (Venusaur) lvl 44
Rocklord (Graveller) lvl 40
Norrell (Kadabra) lvl 42

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Since I last posted, I haven't gotten too much further. While I have defeated Team Rocket at Silph Co., I still only have six badges because I am so indecisive about my team.

At the moment, I am level grinding in Cinnabar Mansion.

Current team:

-Mack the Ivysaur (Level 24)
-Jin the Farfetch'd (Level 39)
-Buzzard the Electabuzz (Level 26)
-Carina the Ninetales (Level 39)
-Nynne the Horsea (Level 25)
-Terry the Rhyhorn (Level 37)

Years
Well, seeing as I'd never played it before, I finally downloaded Blue for the VC last night, and I'm going to try my best to keep my journey updated in here. The plan is to finish before Sun/Moon comes out (which gives me about 3 weeks), so I'll see what I can do.

So far, I'm only about an hour and a half into my game. I started off with Squirtle, who even though it's grown as my favorite Kanto starter, I'd never actually used in the first gen games. Right off the bat, I spent a good chunk of time grinding (which I expect to be doing a lot of), preparing for the battle with Blue on Route 22. Didn't end up being enough though, as I lost to him twice, but I blame that on the fact that he kept spamming Sand Attack with Pidgey, and I was pretty much helpless against Bulbasaur. After beating him, I caught a nearby Nidoran, and trekked my way through Viridian Forest, making it to Pewter before finishing up for the day. Next stop: Brock!

squirtle-color.png

Torre Lv. 14

nidoran-m-color.png

Vasilias Lv. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back