• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Z: A Kalos Journey - Rebirth [M]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Player Status: New
Name: Dallas Williams
Hometown: Nimbasa City, Unova. Lived in Aquacorde for two years to study.
Physical Appearance:
Spoiler:

Strengths:
Athletic and Strong - Being from Nimbasa City, Dallas has grown up loving sports which has pushed him to become athletic and able to continue on for hours without resting. This has also made him strong. His favorite sports are volleyball, soccer, basketball, and tennis. Basically any sport that has a net.

Nice and Caring - Dallas may be a city boy, but his parents have taught him to be nice to everyone and everything. He will help anyone if he can. When he sees someone sad, he will try to make them feel better. When he sees an argument, he will try to come up with ways to make both sides happy.

Tech Savvy - Part of being around so many types of technology in Nimbasa, he has learned a lot about technology. However, he prefers technology that will bring joy to people and not harm.

Loves an audience - Because of his love for sports, he has developed a love for people watching him play sports or battle. When he has an audience, he becomes far more motivated. He feeds on the excitement of the audience. This helps him think better and plan better than he normally would without an audience.

Weaknesses:

Depends Too Much on Technology - Because of his savvyness in technology and growing up in Nimbasa, he puts too much faith in technology. He can live without some things, but if it came to reading a paper map, he would be useless.

Workaholic - Because Dallas is so focused on becoming stronger, he pushes himself too hard and too long without rest. Because of this, he will sometimes forget to eat and drink water because he is too focused on becoming stronger.

Aspirations: Even though he loves sports, his biggest goal is to become a Subway Boss. He wants to become a better trainer and this has lead him to wanting to leave his city to become stronger and eventually return and become the Boss of all the Subway Battles. His better option would have been to stay and travel in Unova, but he felt that if he stayed in a single region, he would never become a Subway Boss.

He had heard rumors about something called the Battle Chateau in Kalos. Many trainers, including some of the most powerful trainers in Kalos, gathered there to become Grand Dukes or Duchesses. This drew his attention to Kalos over Unova. It didn't hurt that some technology seemed to go beyond what was available to him in Unova.

He also has a hidden dream to become an Actor and star in movies that bring smiles to people's faces. Even though he loves sports, he has decided that isn't what he wants to do all his life.

Rival: Currently, Dallas has no rivals except for the current Subway Bosses.

Badges or Ribbons: Bug Badge and Cliff Badge

POKÉMON:
Starter: Was a Piplup, now a Prinplup.
Prinplup (Male)
Nickname: N/A
Ability: Defiant
Move Set: Icy Wind (Egg Move), Metal Claw, Bubble Beam. Peck, Brine, Whirlpool

Other Pokémon:
Krokorok | Moxie | N/A | Male
Elekid | Static | N/A | Male
Goomy | Sap Sipper | N/A | Female

Roleplay Sample:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9802695&postcount=22

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
80nrZ12.jpg

Shalour City - Night

Stage 19​

A Night to Remember​

After an emotional day of gym battles, reunions, new meetings and mastery's earned... our heroes finally seem to catch a bit of a break. As the sun sets the Shalour City festival explodes into action, trainers and tourists from all around engage in fun and frivolous activities, festival games and stalls are abound along with shops and auctions offering up curiosities from Kalos and even further beyond.

The central plaza of city is now fenced off and surrounded by stands for seating. In the center of the makeshift arena is a stone mosaic of a twisting helix on a prismatic sphere, the symbol of mega evolution. It is here that the Festival tourney is set to be held, with people from all over the world witnessing the event as it is broadcast live across the regions.

For those not participating or looking to spend some time between their matches, the night time fun brings with it new problems and challenges. With so many people around it's only natural some will need a hand. Not to mention the still looming tower of mastery and the gym, which Korrina has elected to keep the gym open for all upcoming challengers.

With streets packed full of people, ceremonial dresses and a whole truckload of activities, whatever activities take your fancy, the Evolution festival is now in full swing!

Wild Pokémon Available this Stage / Level 44-46:
solosis.gif
plusle.gif
minun.gif
zangoose.gif
frillish.gif

tentacool.gif
mantyke.gif
chinchou.gif
spinarak.gif
ferroseed.gif

dedenne.gif
seviper.gif
diglet.gif
clamperl.gif
oddish.gif

Pokémon available with the use of a Great Ball / Level 48:
duosion.gif
gloom.gif
lanturn.gif
ariados.gif

Pokémon available to those using a Good Rod / Level 44-46:
relicanth.gif
jellicent.gif
magikarp.gif
wishiwashi.gif
huntail.gif
gorebyss.gif

Missions:

[NOTE TO PLAYERS:] Due to the tournament taking place for most of the Stage, less missions will be made available, to those players in the tournament, please focus on your tournament posts BEFORE claiming missions. Leave them for those not participating otherwise.

[OPEN] ★ Mission 1:
The Tower of Mastery... the founding site of Mega Evolution. Within these hallowed halls the first pokémon since the great war, hundreds of years ago, attained a Mega-Evolved state. Now, with Mega Evolution being more widespread and well known, this place serves as a place of learning and testing for those who wish to pursue the ancient art. Mega Evolution takes a large physical toll on the bodies of the pokémon and the human both whom wish to attempt it... and thus there is only one test that would be suitable. A battle against one of the successors who attend the tower... and their own Mega-Evolved Pokémon.
Reward: 1 x Deactivated Keystone (The Keystone will only activate fully when a trainer is in a moment of intense stress or has attained a new level of development and strength. Like evolution, you must receive DM approval to activate your Keystone. There will be more opportunities to receive Keystones in time.)

[OPEN] ★ Mission 2:
The gym challenge continues, even in light of recent events. The Kalosian Gym Conference, the tournament to decide who is worthy of challenging for the rank of champion, is swiftly approaching... and only those with all 8 badges can qualify. The gym leader of Shalour City, Korrina, is ready and willing to accept challengers. Can you defeat her and claim the coveted Rumble Badge? (Information on Korrina is available in the stage 18 stage post.)
Reward: Upon defeating Korrina: 1 x Rumble Badge + 1 TM98 Power up Punch

[RESTRICTED] ★ Mission 3:
The Festival tournament is finally underway! With the whole world watching over a televised broadcast, stand up and make a name for yourself in a festival throwdown for the ages... and potentially walk away with a rather exciting prize...
Restriction: Requires 1 x Festival Tourney Pass
Reward:
  1. 1st Place: 1500 Poké + 3 x Ultra Ball + 1 Mysterious Blue Egg
  2. 2nd Place: 1000 Poké + 2 Ultra Balls
  3. 3rd Place: 500 Poké + 1 Ultra Ball
  4. 4th Place: 1 x Ultra Ball

Mission 1:
An underwater has broken out of the shore of Shalour, a battle between a large group of Gorebyss and Huntail... but why would these normally co-existing pokémon suddenly begin to fight? Assist Swimmer Richter by donning a set of scuba gear and descending beneath the waves to stop the dispute.
Reward: 1 x Set of Scuba Geat + 1 Deep Sea Scale OR 1 Deep Sea Tooth.

Mission 2:
Emergency Report: A mysterious and violent pokémon has appeared near the gates of Shalour city and aims to threaten the festival and the participants inside. This particular pokémon is not native to these parts and has already injured one young man. Trainers who have pokémon that can exploit the weaknesses of Steel type pokémon are being called to the scene to battle the massive beast.
Reward: 1 x Metal Coat + 1 x Sample of Cloned Aggron Embers

[OPEN] Mission 3:
Come one, come all! To the "Partner and Me" obstacle extravaganza! Come to see our ever changing, ever shifting obstacle course... filled to the brim with different challenges for everyone who enters! The goal? Reach the end alongside one pokémon of your choice before ten minutes have passed! For those successful a fantastical reward awaits!
Reward: 1 x Pokéradar Dex Chip + 1 Ultra Ball

[MULTIPLE REWARD]Mission 4:
A romantic tunnel of love, a swanna shaped boat flowing through a brightly decorated river... what festival would be complete without one? Still isn't it a little embarrassing? You've heard talk that couples participating get a rather valuable souvenir however. The question is, can you convince someone to go in with you?
Reward: 1 x Destiny Knot OR 1 TM Destiny Bond

Mission 5:
Professor Augustine Sycamore has arrived on the scene of Shalour City, searching for a particular student of his... but also to join the Shalour tournament himself?! Having won his preliminary battle just in time he's looking about for one of his students to do him a small favor. His recent research on team cinder's activities has finally bore fruit... and his finding are tied up nice and neatly in a brown parcel. He needs the package delivered to a hotel on the far side of the city, telling to courier to give it to the manager for "a friend of Augustine". What the professor doesn't realize however... is that some Cinder grunts have caught wind of his activity and have infiltrated the city. Whoever brings the parcel may find themselves in more danger than they bargained for.
Reward: 1 x Cinder Ball (Higher catch rate for fire, host and dark types.) + 450 Poké

[OPEN] Mission 6:
A Kantoan designer has arrived to share her culture with the people of Shalour, with needle annd thread she's created various beautiful ceremonial outfits customary in her lands for festivals such as these. However, her latest design needs a new model... and she's just desperate to get it out in the public eye. Help her out to keep the outfit and maybe something more?
Reward: 1 x Kantoan Yukata + 750 Poké

Jay

Years

Alright, sorry for the delay! I've read through your SU and there are a few things I have some issues with. Nothing beyond fixing, but things that warrant mention.

- Appearance: I've noticed that you have two separate pictures for your appearance. One of which appears to be the star of High School Musical? (I forget his actual name.) I'd prefer if you only used one image for your appearance, maybe your appearance could change later but for now I'd prefer you use a single picture. The anime styled one would do just fine, the real life photo however really doesn't fit the aesthetic of pokémon or Z in my opinion.

- Aspiration: While the aspiration is fine and provides good motivation, the battle subway is something that exists only in the Unova region. This hasn't changed in Z and there's no plans for the Battle Subway to appear in future stages. If you wish to keep this aspiration then I take no issue with it, but there won't be any instances in the story where your character would be able to realize it. For that reason I felt the need to warn you.

- Weaknesses: This would be the main initial concern for me. Questioning one's future is a very common trait among young people. It is especially so for a lot of the cast of Z currently. I don't think it makes for a very good weakness as a result, but it's passable. Seeing good in people however, isn't I think. Looking for the good in people despite everything might get you in trouble, but it can also be seen as endearing and could very easily be phrased as a strength for the character. The weaknesses for this SU are preferred to be used to show the major flaws and drawbacks of the character. I'll need to ask that this section be reworked to better reflect what that is for Dallas.

Again, the rest of the SU is good and the character represents an archetype not present in Z currently. With a bit of work it'd be a great fit but for now I have to leave you as pending.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Alright, sorry for the delay! I've read through your SU and there are a few things I have some issues with. Nothing beyond fixing, but things that warrant mention.

- Appearance: I've noticed that you have two separate pictures for your appearance. One of which appears to be the star of High School Musical? (I forget his actual name.) I'd prefer if you only used one image for your appearance, maybe your appearance could change later but for now I'd prefer you use a single picture. The anime styled one would do just fine, the real life photo however really doesn't fit the aesthetic of pokémon or Z in my opinion.

- Aspiration: While the aspiration is fine and provides good motivation, the battle subway is something that exists only in the Unova region. This hasn't changed in Z and there's no plans for the Battle Subway to appear in future stages. If you wish to keep this aspiration then I take no issue with it, but there won't be any instances in the story where your character would be able to realize it. For that reason I felt the need to warn you.

- Weaknesses: This would be the main initial concern for me. Questioning one's future is a very common trait among young people. It is especially so for a lot of the cast of Z currently. I don't think it makes for a very good weakness as a result, but it's passable. Seeing good in people however, isn't I think. Looking for the good in people despite everything might get you in trouble, but it can also be seen as endearing and could very easily be phrased as a strength for the character. The weaknesses for this SU are preferred to be used to show the major flaws and drawbacks of the character. I'll need to ask that this section be reworked to better reflect what that is for Dallas.

Again, the rest of the SU is good and the character represents an archetype not present in Z currently. With a bit of work it'd be a great fit but for now I have to leave you as pending.

I have chosen the anime picture. I mainly added the second one for fun because I realized how much he reminded me of Troy Bolton. But the anime picture was my first choice.

For aspiration, it was mainly just his goal from growing up in Nimbasa, I had no intention on doing subway battles in the RP. Because of this, I have edited it a good amount to give him multiple reasons to travel in Kalos instead of Unova, as well as giving him a goal to reach for in Kalos.

The weaknesses I have changed, but it did give me slight problems. However, I think I have chosen a weakness that better suits his character. I would love to add a third weakness, but currently coming up blank. It is late here and I will be busy tomorrow, but for now, I hope my changes are enough.

Edit: I have added one more strength to his character.

And I also have a question. Is it possible for a character to go after both Ribbons and Badges?

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Gonna have some fun with Mission 4 I think

EDIT: Decided not to do mission 4, fake love scene too excruciating to write, so we have awkward reunion instead

Last edited:

Jay

Years

I approve of the changes to his aspiration, that's a great way to tie it into Kalos and Z. The appearance is now fine as well. ~

As for ribbons and badges, you can participate and go for both, but it's important your character have a primary focus on one or the other. Certain characters are focused primarily on one or the other and only engage in such. So they will get more of a spotlight for that sort of thing in the endgame, if that makes sense, then someone who was actively trying to succeed and do well in both.

It's of course possible for someone to focus on one and occasionally enter the others for fun, mind you.

Now as for the strengths and weaknesses. Workaholic is better than the previous weaknesses, it could have some benefits to it that I could be nitpicky about but you portrayed it negatively enough for me to let that slide. However, as of right now, Dallas has 4 strengths and 2 weaknesses, one of which has the potential to be somewhat positive. This isn't enough for me yet to accept him as a character, characters in Z on both the PC and villain side are incredibly flawed individuals.

If you can't think of an extra weakness, then you should rethink some of the fundamentals of Dallas. Nobody on this planet is a perfect human being bar relying on tech and overworking themselves. Consider who he is and what he does and try to base some serious, negative flaws in his personality around that.

For now I'm really sorry, but I have to leave Dallas Pending.

Jay

Years
Alright everyone the first round of the tournament has officially ended!

The rankings are currently available to see on the Discord so please get to work on your round 2 posts as soon as possible!

Jay

Years
Due to the slow pace of the tournament so far, we will be ending it prematurely and instead moving on to the next stage officially on MONDAY. Keep that in mind and get any posts waiting done before then!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I took my time with my SU. I mean, really took my time. Take my character's appearance. You can ask me about it if you want. Hopefully I fleshed him out well. This is also my first time using CSS, so I'm a bit excited to fancy up my posts from now on. Gonna keep coming back here to update his status.

picture.php

Player Status
New

Name
Dust Fabre

Hometown
Lavaridge Town, Hoenn

Physical Appearance
Spoiler:

Strengths
Spoiler:

Weaknesses
Spoiler:

Aspirations
The only thing Dust is looking for is excitement & challenging battles. He never liked staying put for too long, but as he would constantly try to leave Lavaridge to go up to Mt. Chimney, he had to be supervised. He has lived here since he was 8. He has no memory prior to that. He doesn't know who his parents are, but it never bothered him. While he had a place to stay in town, he never stayed inside for long. Learning a lot about what he could about Pokémon, he wanted to explore the world. As he had no idea what might be out there, he decided to explore & train without straying too far from town. Unfortunately, Flannery had to help guide him when he got lost one too many times.

Dust decided to officially become a Pokémon Trainer. He left Lavaridge Town at the age of 13, saying his goodbyes to everyone he's ever lived with. He's explored as much of Hoenn as he can, getting lost just the same. He tried his hand at Gym battling, which ended in total defeat. It did give him a good rush in the heat of the moment, but he withheld taking on Gym Leaders for a while, as he never liked staying at one place for too long. 2 years later, he's taken his travels outside of Hoenn into other regions, landing in Kalos. He learns about a Trainer's school in Aquacorde Town which he happened to stop by accident. While he knows the basics of battling, he wanted to learn more & decided to enroll. He spent the next 2 years learning everything he can in this school. With a new starter Pokémon, Dust tries his hand at taking on the Gym Leaders once again, this time in Kalos.

Badges
Spoiler:

POKÉMON:

Starter Species
combusken.gif

Combusken/Nyx (Formerly Torchic)

Starters Gender
Male

Starters Moveset
  • Double Kick
  • Sand-Attack
  • Flame Charge
  • Quick Attack
  • Bulk Up
  • Night Slash
Starter Ability
Blaze

Other Pokémon
riolu.gif

Riolu/Rozu

Moveset
  • Foresight
  • Endure
  • Counter
  • Feint
  • Force Palm
  • Copycat
Ability
Prankster

sneasel-female.gif

Sneasel/Val

Moveset
  • Feint Attack
  • Icy Wind
  • Agility
  • Metal Claw
  • Hone Claws
  • Screech
Ability
Keen Eye

Roleplay Sample
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD SPOT TO FIND SOME RP SAMPLES.

Last edited:

Jay

Years
zgJLCdY.jpg

Shalour City - Fall

Stage 20​

Tragedy​

The city is in chaos. In a surprise attack on the city as a whole, our heroes are trapped in the middle of a spiral or hellfire and torment. Team Cinder has detonated bombs across all of Shalour City, leaving the entire location in burning ruins. Everywhere one looks they see death and injury, moans of pain echo through the streets and for many, loved ones are far away with status unknown.

Even now more explosions go off every few minutes and Cinder grunts are pouring in the city gates, lead by Gabriel Artece. In the sky, a massive airship looms over the entirety of the burning city, the sky painted red by its light and the flames it creates. To many, it feels like the end of the world.

But still, there is hope and a will to fight... rise up champs in the making. Stand beside your fellow trainers and pokémon and fight back... you HAVE to fight back, the only alternative is to lie down and the flames consume you.

Wild Pokémon Available this Stage / Level 44-46:
solosis.gif
slugma.gif
houndour.gif
vulpix.gif

deino.gif
poochyena.gif
carvanha.gif
pancham.gif
ferroseed.gif

dedenne.gif
seviper.gif
diglett.gif
inkay.gif

Pokémon available with the use of a Great Ball / Level 48:
duosion.gif
dugtrio.gif
mightyena.gif
zweilous.gif

Pokémon available to those using a Good Rod / Level 44-46:
relicanth.gif
sharpedo.gif
magikarp.gif
malamar.gif

Missions:

[NOTE TO PLAYERS:] With this new stage, a new type of mission comes along as well. [CHOICE] Missions have two, often conflicting objectives... doing one will make the other impossible and will lead to the half of the reward you don't take being lost. Perhaps your characters decision in a choice mission will lead to different missions and scenarios down the line? Only time will tell.

[CHOICE] Missions are claimed in the same way as regular missions.

[OPEN] ★ Mission 1:
Team Cinder are rushing into Shalour City from all sides! With them are powerful pokémon unlike any you've ever seen... they're aggressive, violent and barely under control. When defeated in battle they seem to die, dissipating into Cinder like ashes. What sort of horrific trick is this? Even if it feels wrong, you have to defeat Cinder and their strange pokémon... before they hurt someone who can't defend themselves.
Reward: 1 x Pile of Cloned Pokémon Ashes + 500 Poké + One Evolutionary Stone of Choice

[OPEN] ★ Mission 2:
The people of Shalour City are in danger. With the destruction and havoc caused by Cinder people are suffering. The number of injured people is incredibly high and always on the rise. You can't just let that go, you have to get in there and do something! Even if it's just one life you have to give your all to save it!
Reward: 1 x Pokéball of your choice (no master balls obviously) + 3 berries of your choice.

Mission 1:
A bunch of Cinder Grunts have made off with the shining blue egg destined to be given to the winner of the Festival Tourney! Arceus knows what these nefarious characters have planned for the unborn pokémon inside. They're rushing into the ruins of a destroyed building, you have to give chase!
Reward: 1 x Shimmering Blue Egg

[OPEN] Mission 2:
Dropping from the airship above are strange mechanical creations. They appear to be mechs designed to capture pokémon in the chaos. Armed with nets and other various forms of weaponry they're targeting young trainers terrified in the chaos. If someone doesn't step in then there's going to be a number of broken families AND bolstered numbers for Cinder in the future.
Reward: 1 x Large Net + 2 x Ultra Balls

Mission 3:
As you rush through the rubble, you hear a desperate cry for help. A young woman, no more than 19, sits trapped under a large piece of rubble and surrounded by fire. She's wearing the Team Cinder uniform... and is most likely working with them. However, if you do nothing... she is destined to die. What will you do trainer?
Reward: 1 x Team Cinder ID Card + 1 Hyper Potion

Mission 4:
In the midst of the chaos Lillie is in danger, Nebbie has escaped from her and is lost in the chaos of the city. Her leg was injured in an explosion and she's finding it difficult to even walk. It seems hopeless and she has no idea what to do. If you don't step in to help her then who will?
Reward: 1 x TM Agility

Mission 5:
With the explosions shaking across the city and rubble launching into the sea, many water type pokémon have been launched onto the shore, badly injured and panicked... a group of carvanha lead by a Sharpedo are one such bunch of pokémon suffering and attacking whatever they can see. It's upsetting to knock them out when they're only trying to defend themselves, but they're blocking one of the only escape routes for the townsfolk trying to get away...
Reward: 1 x Net Ball + 450 Poké

Mission 6:
Steven Stone is desperately fighting against members of Team Cinder while also giving his all to protect a group of innocent children. He can't afford to have his attention split and he calls out to you for help, desperately asking you to lead these children out of the city to safety, no matter the cost.
Reward: 1 x Devon Scope + 750 Poké

Mission 7:
A loyal dugtrio is desperately trying to dig through the debris to enter a destroyed home. Inside you can hear the cries of a man and a young boy... however despite it's efforts, Dugtrio cannot manage the task alone. The flames make it dangerous, but will you and your pokémon take the risk to aid him?
Reward: 1 x TM Dig + 1 x Soft Sand

Mission 8:
The tower of Mastery lies in ruin, barely any of the structure still stands now, bar a small portion at the bottom. Some higher rank Cinder Grunts have been moving in and out of the ruins quickly, hauling off the inactive keystones that were hidden within, taking full advantage of the chaos. You have to stop them, that much power cannot fall into the hands of Team Cinder.
Reward: 1 x Inactive Keystone

Mission 9:
The gym is in ruins, Korrina is nowhere to be found. The once peaceful skate track is now filled with fire and pain. In the center of the arena stands a lone cloned Lucario, it rages out of control with the dead body of a Cinder grunt beside it... and most dangerously of all? It's in a mega evolved state. This pokémon poses an overwhelming threat to all surrounding it. It has to go down.
Reward: 1 x Pile of Cloned Lucario Ashes + 1 x Lucarionite

[CHOICE] Mission 10:
You find yourself caught at an impasse on a burning street. To one side, a well dressed man is being beaten and bruised by enforcers of Cinder... on the other, Cinder grunts send their fire types to burn and destroy a bank now abandoned in the crossfire. The man doesn't have much time left before the enforcers take his life... but if you take the time to save him the bank, and its contents... will be destroyed. What will you choose?
Reward:
Save the Man: Blue and Red speckled egg.
Save the Bank: 3000 Poké

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I think Axel and I will share missions 4 and 6 combined into one event if we may

Back