• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
As much as I would love RSE remakes, I do agree that any reason to create RSE remakes is as good a reason to make FRLG remakes.

The truth is that remakes of FRLG would make GF piles of money, and we know that's they're main focus: to make games that are profitable. I said this in the Yellow remake thread - there are a large amount of people who played only the first games and are of the opinion that Pokemon "turned crap" after Gen I (which obviously isn't true). This means that even those who are no longer fans of the franchise will be more inclined to pick up these games purely out of nostalgia. It could even be a deciding factor for those who were unsure about purchasing a 3DS (i.e. it might persuade them to buy one).

I actually think that remakes of FRLG would actually sell better than remakes of RSE.

That being said, I would rather have RSE remakes. MiTjA does make a good point though. If FRLG appear on the virtual console, I'd expect RSE to be there too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like the follow me feature to return as an option, I'd like the PokeNav to be the bottom screen function OR have a similar bottom screen to HGSS, add in the new evolutions to the Hoenn Dex (Dusknoir, Froslass, etc) as well as the Johto Pokemon that were added to the Safari Zone in Emerald post game, keep contests as they were in the original games, no Battle Tents, Emerald Battle Frontier, and I'd like something new done with Trainer Hill. I don't think anyone really cared for that, did they? I would like an entirely new function to replace the Trainer Hill. idk what, but they'll think of something, right? lol But that's all I can think of for now.
Perhaps they'll put the World Tournament in Place of Trainer hill, it'll seem like a good place, perhaps we can battle the enemy team there too?. (Also if they remake FrLG have them put the WT in the tower that was never
finished...)

blue

gucci
Years
I hope the World Tournament makes an appearence in more games, even though I haven't tried it I can imagine it would be awesome, or atleast one every generation to update the sprites.
About the Follow-Me feature, I would love to see that in RS remakes especially to see the Gen V Pokémon! Hopefully it's something that is exclusive to remakes excluding FRLG.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Alright, how's this for a question? In the event of a RSE Remake, what would you like to see changed from the original 3?

I personally, would prefer that they don't turn the POKeNAV into phone like in Emerald, I liked the original NAV from RS.

I actually want them to keep all of the electronic accessories integrated into a single device–i.e.: a new version of the PokéGear–like they did for everything except the PokéDex and the Vs. Recorder in G/S/C/HG/SS

Years
I would love to get an Emerald Remake!
And i would also love to be able to walk along with the first pokemon in the party like in HG & SS

Personally, I hated the feature. I don't care if it comes back, they just need to make it optional. I don't see why they just didn't do that in HG/SS.

There's also the possibility that they may let you travel to both Johto and Kanto. Team Rocket was the main villain of both first and second generation, and should represent both. Though the likeliness of that happening is questionable. I mean, the main thing they'd work on is of course the story and stuff of the remakes, but then they'd also need to add post-game side quests in the other regions and stuff, and that may take a lot of time. Though I think it's something a lot of fans would want to see.

No, just no. We won't get another region post-game, except maybe a Sevii-Islands type place.

They can't just keep doing the same thing over and over, eventually fans will get tired of this remake system and demand something new and considering there have been two already I think only one more is necessary. They've shown what they can do with B2W2, we predicted a third game but they pulled out two direct sequels so it's just as likely they can come up with something different which would bring in more fans, money etc.

I'm not quite following your logic here. How is a RSE remake necessary because theres already two remakes?

There would be no point in putting RSE or FRLG in the E-Shop considering you can play both RSE & FRLG on the DS Lite which are pretty similar to the 3DS, the graphics would still be the exact same.

I don't understand this either. So what if you can play them on the DS Lite? You can play lots a games on your DS Lite, whats your point?

blue

gucci
Years
I'm not quite following your logic here. How is a RSE remake necessary because theres already two remakes?

I'm not basing it off the fact that there have been two previous remakes, I'm basing it off the reason of the previous two remakes, graphics... Diamond & Pearl's graphics are fine so there is no need to remake those two, Ruby & Sapphire on the other hand aren't so great, that's the reason why I think remakes for those two are necessary.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Almost all Gym Leaders in Emerald have one Pokemon more than in R/S. It's interesting that Emerald is the only third version with that kind of addition, it's kinda like Challenge Mode in B2/W2. I mean that in remakes they can use Gym Leaders teams from original R/S in Normal mode and teams from Emerald in Challenge mode, of course with higher levels than in Emerald.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Virtual Console…or eShop?

As much as I would love RSE remakes, I do agree that any reason to create RSE remakes is as good a reason to make FRLG remakes.

I actually think that remakes of FRLG would actually sell better than remakes of RSE.

That being said, I would rather have RSE remakes. MiTjA does make a good point though. If FRLG appear on the virtual console, I'd expect RSE to be there too.

Can we just post anything having to do with FRLG remakes on the thread reserved for it? As much as I would like to play every single one of my games, including FireRed and other Pokémon games, the purpose of this thread is to discuss RSE remakes. But before I close, both sets of remakes could be released simultaneously both on the Nintendo eShop if they were both to be for the Nintendo 3DS because of how all Nintendo games will be released this way after August 19th (in North America, that is…)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Can we just post anything having to do with FRLG remakes on the thread reserved for it? As much as I would like to play every single one of my games, including FireRed and other Pokémon games, the purpose of this thread is to discuss RSE remakes. But before I close, both sets of remakes could be released simultaneously both on the Nintendo eShop if they were both to be for the Nintendo 3DS because of how all Nintendo games will be released this way after August 19th (in North America, that is…)
You mean the thread that I made?

The point of my post (any reason for RSE remakes are as good for FRLG remakes) was relevant to RSE remakes so it fits in this thread too.

I'm not basing it off the fact that there have been two previous remakes, I'm basing it off the reason of the previous two remakes, graphics... Diamond & Pearl's graphics are fine so there is no need to remake those two, Ruby & Sapphire on the other hand aren't so great, that's the reason why I think remakes for those two are necessary.
Outdated graphics are not a reason to remake a game, in my opinion. FRLG and HGSS made sense because it was literally impossible to trade/migrate any of your older Pokemon to gens 3 and 4.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
It was not impossible to migrate to gen 4. Frlg were the only remakes needed for obtainable Pokemon. Hgss was because of people going nuts wanting it and for it to have updated graphics.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
Found this randomly while browsing 4chan and fell in love with it. This seems like the best place to post it, but I just hope that the inevitable remakes look something like this:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Found this randomly while browsing 4chan and fell in love with it. This seems like the best place to post it, but I just hope that the inevitable remakes look something like this:

Spoiler:

Yes, they should wear swimsuits in remakes, just like protagonists from B2/W2, because Hoenn is even more tropical than Unova in B2/W2. Interesting thing is that even in swimsuits their designs wouldn't look much different from Emerald designs, so maybe they were planned to wear swimsuits already in Emerald, but it was decided to be saved for remakes.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I just hope that the inevitable remakes look something like this:

They are not inevitable. I would argue that releasing any other kind of main game (completely new places, or resuing old places with new settings, sequels...) would be much more interesting in every way, and make at least as much money as boring remakes.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I do think they Nintendo will promote a sequel, or even a prequel to Hoenn's generation before they consider doing a remake. I don't think they'll do another remake so soon. A sequel seems a lot more likely and unpredictable.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
A sequel is probably the last thing they'd do before a remake. It'd be really odd to have one just show up near 10 years(in real time) after the originals are released. Even if they did one, why wouldn't it show up after, in order?

I'm not against a sequel, I just personally would be more interested in one if we got the updated RS(E) originals before any sequel popped out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I doubt Hoenn will get a sequel because Gen 3 was not designed for sequels. In B/W, we were only told about Reshiram and Zekrom, while Kyurem's story was saved for the sequels. Rayquaza's story was told in the 3rd version of Gen 3, so why would they go with sequels if the Groudon vs. Kyogre battle has already happened? It would make little sense to just have those events happen again when the intent was to tell the whole story back on the GBA. So if Hoenn appears in another game, I feel it would be plain remakes. Gen 5 was made to be finished with sequels, even though that wasn't their original plan.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Hoenn Revisitation Timeline Placement

I do think they Nintendo will promote a sequel, or even a preque to Hoenn's generation before they consider doing a remake.

Yeah; releasing a prequel to RSE might get rid of how these games reset the Polémon franchise by discontinuing connectivity with its previous generations if that prequel clarified the relationship between Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. After all, this kind of reset ended up being reserved for Polémon Black Version and Polémon White Version because of how it resides on a different continent than all of the previous main regions. But I really want Nintendo to have GameFreak remake our original journeys through Hoenn first.

P.S. @Kanto_Johto: Yes, I meant that thread, and I've even started posting on it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I doubt Hoenn will get a sequel because Gen 3 was not designed for sequels. In B/W, we were only told about Reshiram and Zekrom, while Kyurem's story was saved for the sequels. Rayquaza's story was told in the 3rd version of Gen 3, so why would they go with sequels if the Groudon vs. Kyogre battle has already happened? It would make little sense to just have those events happen again when the intent was to tell the whole story back on the GBA. So if Hoenn appears in another game, I feel it would be plain remakes. Gen 5 was made to be finished with sequels, even though that wasn't their original plan.

I agree, Hoenn has nothing left for sequels. On the other hand, it has potential of many things to be added in remakes, like new post-game islands and events.

It must be noticed that sequel stories are made only for regions with connection to solid land, because it gives opportunity to start sequel story in new place - Kanto got story continuation in neighboring Johto. Unova got sequels because of having solid land not included in original B/W. Hoenn and Sinnoh are islands - there is nowhere to make new beginning in those regions. There are also no legendaries left in those regions to make sequels.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Gen V is a reboot of the series, taking place far beyond Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh

as for "There's nothing new to add to Ruby and Sapphire" that is complete bull

Crystal added the Battle Tower, Emerald added the Battle Frontier, Platinum and HG/SS added Frontiers to their regions

I, for one, would like to see the Hoenn Frontier re-imagined

however, I would prefer that all new pokemon from Gen IV&V only appear post-game, much like B/W

seeing a Patrat or Bidoof would be rather stupid since we've already got an infestation of Zigzagoons

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I agree, Hoenn has nothing left for sequels. On the other hand, it has potential of many things to be added in remakes, like new post-game islands and events.

It must be noticed that sequel stories are made only for regions with connection to solid land, because it gives opportunity to start sequel story in new place - Kanto got story continuation in neighboring Johto. Unova got sequels because of having solid land not included in original B/W. Hoenn and Sinnoh are islands - there is nowhere to make new beginning in those regions. There are also no legendaries left in those regions to make sequels.

Of course, surely we'll see a few new places, just like in FR/LG and HG/SS. But no major changes will be made. Gen 1 and 2 remakes were pretty much the exact same region and story from the originals, so if they remake Gen 3, we can expect the same.

But I don't think it has anything to do with them being connected to land or not. Kanto got the Sevii Islands, which were not technically a part of Kanto if I remember correctly, like how the Sinjoh Ruins were not part of Johto. The new routes in B2W2 make sense because 2 years have gone by. We'll probably see new areas, but not a "new" Hoenn.

Gen V is a reboot of the series, taking place far beyond Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh

as for "There's nothing new to add to Ruby and Sapphire" that is complete bull

I was refering to Legends specifically related to Hoenn, like Groudon Kyogre and Rayquaza. Their stories and purposes have been told. Though, I could see Regigigas being included (though he and the other Regis were in B2W2). But the story of the main Hoenn Legends has been told.

I was only talking about the storyline.

however, I would prefer that all new pokemon from Gen IV&V only appear post-game, much like B/W

seeing a Patrat or Bidoof would be rather stupid since we've already got an infestation of Zigzagoons

They would do this because they did it with Kanto and Johto. Pokemon that weren't originally avaiable in the first games were saved for after you become Champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back