• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
My day 2 update:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Started it some minutes ago.
Day 1
Spoiler:

I'll update again later.

Years
Day 3 update:
Spoiler:

The Team so far:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
- Traded Spearow for Farfetch'd (who will be named Fyffe in my head, since I can't change his name). Yay another pokemon!
- Finally beat Misty

sorry to bother, but how did you get farfetch'd before you beat misty?

Years
sorry to bother, but how did you get farfetch'd before you beat misty?

Should you not be able to? It's been so long since I played FR and I'm not following a walkthrough or anything... I am using a ROM, which said it was unaltered, and I did overwrite a previous game where I had just beaten Misty... so I don't know? If I'm not supposed to be able to get at the Farfetch'd at that point, then either something glitched or the ROM isn't actually clean.

Sydian, do you have any issues with me continuing on anyway?

(If it makes a difference, I'm just playing for fun, not prizes. I didn't end up using Farfetch'd in the battle with Misty, and I've downloaded a new ROM just in case there are alterations somewhere)

Last edited:

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
Ok let's get this show on the road!

Spoiler:

363.gif

Rick (Spheal) ♂ | The Mascot | Level 30
Relaxed Nature | Ice Body
Water Gun | Encore | Ice Ball | Blizzard

406.gif
@ Soothe Bell
Camellia (Budew) ♀ | The Alabamian | Level 29
Bashful / prissy entitlement refusing to evolve Nature | Poison Point
Mega Drain | Growth | Water Sport | Stun Spore

479.gif

Terry (Rotom) ♂ | The Band Member | Level 23
Bold Nature | Levitiate
Shock Wave | Confuse Ray | Uproar | Double Team

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
Update #4!!!
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Should you not be able to? It's been so long since I played FR and I'm not following a walkthrough or anything... I am using a ROM, which said it was unaltered, and I did overwrite a previous game where I had just beaten Misty... so I don't know? If I'm not supposed to be able to get at the Farfetch'd at that point, then either something glitched or the ROM isn't actually clean.
you should be ok, i was just wondering because i wanted a farfechtd before misty but i realised you cant. you should be ok, just make sure sydian says so for sure :)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Day 2
Spoiler:

Also can Mareep be considered as a true Alabamian?

Years
you should be ok, i was just wondering because i wanted a farfechtd before misty but i realised you cant. you should be ok, just make sure sydian says so for sure :)
Uh, no, you can get Ch'ding the trade-farfetch'd before you beat Misty, just head to Vermillion after you get the SS Ticket instead of heading to the Cerulean Gym.

Anyway...
Username: Waters_echo
Game: Crystal (though with updated move stats and trade-evo via randomiser)
Raffle: I might have those games, but wi-fi is a no-go. So nope.

Petlil!:
Either jolteon or umbreon
Alabaman:
Fearow (male) (Alabama bird is the Yellowhammer, and they have long beaks and a red 'crest'/hairdo)
Striker:
Scizor (non-ability gen, haven't used one before)
Mascot:
Donphan
Musician:
Seaking
Plushie:
Cyndaquil

I'm just really wondering about "No room for HM Slaves in the final team, but feel free to use them until you've gathered all 6 Pokémon."
Because while Waterfall is fine (seaking learns it by level up, so sure) and surf is strong enough to warrant teaching it... you kind of need whirlpool to get the eighth gym badge (and only the eighth badge)
So I have a choice between... what? Waiting until post-8 to get my Petlil!eevee or teaching seaking a third water attack that will be used only once?

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Username: Kanea.

Game: Heartgold.

Ultimate: No.

FC: A bit later.

Team:

Spoiler:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Here's a huge update since I didn't do one for like 14 days.

I finally defeated May and arrived in Mauville City and I did a bit of grinding before facing Wattson, which I won thanks to Hariyama (Which evolved right before the fight with May).

I caught Swablu & Zangoose at the same route (Just like how I caught Aron & Makuhita on the same route >.>)
I named my Swablu, Boo. Since it's my girlfriend's favorite Pokemon (Just like Sydian)
And I named my Zangoose, Zaochen (I don't know why).
I realized how good of a physical attacker Zangoose really is with Sword Dance + Strength.
I defeated Flannery, Norman & Winonah and right now I'm at Lilycove city where I went to Shoal cave to catch myself a Spheal that is level 32 and I was lucky since it's level is on par with the rest of my team.
Also, Aron evolved into Lairon & Makuhita evolved into Hariyama.

Badges Obtained:
Spoiler:

Current Pokemon Team:
Spoiler:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I finished my challenge, I lost to Iris 6 times, so I got a little mad before finally winning. :P

Team
Spoiler:

Good Luck to everyone else. :)

Years
This is interesting :)

Username: Janp
Game: White 2
Ultimate: No
Gen V FC for raffle: No thanks :)

Planned Team
Spoiler:

Progress so far:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Uh, no, you can get Ch'ding the trade-farfetch'd before you beat Misty, just head to Vermillion after you get the SS Ticket instead of heading to the Cerulean Gym.

oh, im sorry i never knew that. I guess i should make sure i know before i post . Sorry!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Gotten further on Pearl whilst being driven to Belgium - have reached Snowpoint gym already but couldn't update with the awful WiFi here haha. Unfortunately I can't remember the huge majority of what happened since it was a few days ago now that I last played, but my current team consists of a Piplup (it's a pain not evolving it!), Luxray, Bastiodon, Onix (need someone to evolve him please!) and Snover (newly caught in the Snowpoint routes so haven't had much chance to use him yet; chose him as the Alabamian Pokémon as I know nothing about Alabama but all of the Google Image results returned a lot of trees!). Piplup started out wonderfully and has learnt some great moves, but he's really not great in a team full of much stronger Pokémon - the no evolving rule is tough! Luxray and Onix have both been pretty decent but nothing special, they're the main attackers of the team but are leaving a lot to be desired and Onix especially is levelling up very slowly. Bastiodon is one of the more recent additions to the team because I was stuck trying to find a tusked Pokémon, but he's decent enough. I levelled him up a lot (alongside the others) in the Iron Island and he's been performing decently, but he's certainly not the best on the team. Snover hasn't yet had a time to shine since I've only had him for two routes but he's good enough so far - the Hail is getting pretty annoying for the other team members though (not that his ability matters in the snowy routes).

I've covered Plushie, Petilil (kinda), Tusked, Footballer and Alabamian so far so I'm now going to find a Marching Band member before taking on Candice. I'll use Snover to kill things until finding the final member and hopefully it won't be too low a level (I'm expecting Seaking will probably be the final resort), so I'm thinking it'll be an Abomasnow soon which should provide some nice extra power for him. The challenge so far has been tough but I've been using a lot of things that I wouldn't have before and getting around some of the problems so far has been a lot of fun, but somewhat can't wait to get it over and done with haha.

50px-Coal_Badge.png
50px-Forest_Badge.png
50px-Cobble_Badge.png
50px-Fen_Badge.png
50px-Relic_Badge.png
50px-Mine_Badge.png

The only problem I can remember so far has been the Steel-type gym as he's always a bit of a poop to defeat, especially given the Pokémon I've been using which are far from ideal for it (having both Onix and Bastiodon is becoming irksome!). But I made sure to over-level in Iron Island (Luxray was somehow a beast here) and it's carrying me pretty well so far so hopefully there won't be any more problems to come. A little worried about Cynthia as her Garchomp will destroy half of my Pokémon in a pinch, but we'll see! Also desperate for a Flyer now haha.

Team
393.gif
Squiggles (Plushie) - Level 44
405.gif
Dash (Petilil...ish) - Level 46
411.gif
Horny (Tusked Mascot) - Level 44
095.gif
Rocky (Rock-Headed Footballer) - Level 43
459.gif
ImATree (Alabamian Forest) - Level 37

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Time for another update on my Emerald Run.
FINAL UPDATE

Spoiler:

Badge Case
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
50px-Dynamo_Badge.png
50px-Heat_Badge.png
50px-Balance_Badge.png
50px-Feather_Badge.png
50px-Mind_Badge.png
50px-Rain_Badge.png

Final Team

Petilil
334.gif

Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Sydian
Level64
❆ Timid ❆ Natural Cure Lax Incense
Dragon Dance
Fly Ice Beam Dragonbreath

True Alabamian
315f.gif

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
Cammy
Level 60
❆ Modest ❆ Natural Cure ❆ Miracle Seed
Toxic
FlashShadow BallPetal Dance

Crimson Tide Striker
306.gif

Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Hagane
Level 63
❆ Naive ❆ Rock Head Silk Scarf
Strength
Double- Edge Iron Tail Take Down

Team Mascot

232f.gif

Bag_Safari_Ball_Sprite.png
Tilly
Level
69 ❆ Sassy Sturdy Soft Sand

Rollout Defense Curl Substitute Earthquake

The Marching Musician

119f.gif

Cheery
Level 62
❆ Calm ❆ Water Veil ❆ Sea Incense
Secret Power
Waterfall Dive Surf

The Plushie
255f.gif

Chi
Level 70
❆ Hardy ❆ Blaze ❆ Everstone
Flamethrower
Cut Rock Smash Slash

sydhalloffame_zps58e569e5.png
sydhalloffame2_zpsc3577251.png
sydchallenge_zpsd917f587.png

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Fourth update, with the Elite Four and Champion defeated! ^-^ Beware wall of text, because the last battle's pretty detailed as it's fresh in my memory. We're about halfway through... and running out of time. I blame that Dangan Ronpa LP. >_<
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Years
So, today's update... I played a lot so, here it is:

Spoiler:

Team so far:
Spoiler:

I'm also thinking about evolving Axew, because so far, Axew wasn't very good in battles...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
More car journeys means more time to play, equalling a finished challenge! I beat Candice very easily with Luxray's Fire Fang before going through all the tedious story, ending up in a dead Palkia and a lot of melted Bronzor. His level shot up way past the others and continued to do so given Luxray's low EXP threshold and his great abilities in battle, so I put him to the side for a bit and went to Lake Acuity to grind - the area in which I found my final team member. Halfway through training I decided to start fishing and a level 24 Goldeen popped up so I instantly caught him and shoved a trumpet in his mouth. He was awfully weak and even Piplup was doing a better job than him, but after some training in Mt Coronet I managed to evolve him and he became slightly better. I wasn't happy with this team because only Luxray was proving to be reliable in battle, so I asked my brother to evolve my Onix for me which proved to be a great boost. Snover then evolved soon after and I was left with a decent team, good enough to defeat Volkner.

After taking care of the story and flirting with Cynthia, I headed up past Victory Road (my lord I hated this section) and reached the Pokémon league. Barry was easy enough to take care of and I powered through to the Pokémon Center before taking on the Elite Four. First up was Aaron - my favourite of the four - and he was taken care of easily my Luxray. His Drapion posed a slight challenge but Steelix managed to resist his Cross Poison and crush the scorpion before he could use Ice Fang, so next up was Bertha's turn. Abomasnow managed to take down her whole team with no problem at all (the only team he's ever been useful, mind you!) and Hail helped a lot until her hippo made an appearance, but the Ice and Grass moves were more than enough to take down Bertha's horrifically disadvantaged team. Flint was confusing - a Fire-type user with only two Fire-types is always an oddity but he was easy enough to take care of between Piplup and Seaking (though Piplup fainted to Infernape's Thunderpunch, oops!), and then it was Lucian. His team fell easily to a mixture of Crunches and walling from Steelix and Bastiodon, other than the wonderful Bronzong which had to be taken on by Luxray's Fire Fang, making for the second easiest battle after Bertha. Finally was Cynthia and her famous Garchomp, but the team was very easily dealt with. Luxio fell to Lucario's Earthquake, Bastiodon fell to Garchomp's Brick Break, and Milotic's Mirror Coat proved to be annoying, but Abomasnow and Seaking did a great job of taking on the rest of the team and Steelix finished it off by taking care of Milotic and winning the league.

Best Pokémon - Luxray; he was by far the most useful on the team (mostly because of the move pool) and was definitely my favourite to use too.
Worst Pokémon - Piplup; dear god please let me evolve these things next time.

This was a great challenge to play and I'm glad to see that it turned out so well; can't wait for next time!

50px-Coal_Badge.png
50px-Forest_Badge.png
50px-Cobble_Badge.png
50px-Fen_Badge.png
50px-Relic_Badge.png
50px-Mine_Badge.png
50px-Icicle_Badge.png
50px-Beacon_Badge.png

Finished!

Final Team
393.gif
Squiggles (Plushie) - Level 56