• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Time Squad

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Pokemon: Time Squad
Needs a change of name...

Introduction:
Some info about me and why I started this hack...
Well, I'm Lyzo, probably none of you know me so here comes an introduction :P. I used to script and map for Pokemon Torzach, but since that's on hold at the moment (and has been for a while) I decided to start a hack on my own. Now I'm not that much of a creative person so the storyline will need some work, and I'll also want someone to help me with that. What I'm best in is scripting, and still, I'm not really that awesome... But I do know advanced scripting, just nothing about ASM or anything farther than Advanced scripting...
Anyway my mapping isn't horrible either, which, if you check Torzach you can see that. But eventually I'll want some super awesome mapper (or just someone who's better than me) Edit my maps to make them look great.
Spriting, is something that I really, really need help with. Not that there's going to be any fakemon or anything in this game, but I do want some new overworlds and trainers.
One little note... I'm Dutch, so if grammar or spelling isn't perfect mention it and I will correct it!
Well lets move on shall we?

Features:
More will be added...
- Time Traveling ofcourse!
- A story that fits in with Time Traveling :P
- A whole new region (Envest)
- New tiles
- No Gym's (however there will be ranks)
- No Elite 4
- Every Pokemon will be able to be captured (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and some 4th gen)
- Decapitalization
- Lots of side quests
- More will be added when I think of more xD (or you tell me some more)

Story:
Now this is the main story, but there will be many sidequests to keep you busy ;)
You're a 15 year old boy, and you've just joined an elite time traveling squad (team Pendulum) which fights crime that happens in the future (I got this idea from some movie I watched a year ago, don't remember the name :/). So what they basically do is when a crime happens, they go back in time to stop it. Thanks to team Pendulum crime in the whole region of Envest has gone down about 90% 0.o.

But... something bad will happen! (Tum tum tum 0.o) There will be an infiltration in the squad. The secret of time travel will be stolen. A new crime team will form, which also has the possibility to travel back in time. This way, each team keeps stopping eachother from stopping the other, stopping the other :P (nice and confusing). Anyway, this team is planning something bad... and well, ofcourse you have to stop it :P.

Help Needed/Team:
Some stuff I'll be doing on my own, but I'll need help ofcourse xD

Team:
- Me - Mapper, Scripter, Graphics Inserter, Story Maker, Hack Leader
- NiKaNoRoU - Overworld Spriter, Battlesprite Spriter, Userbar Artist

Anyone who contributes artwork will be listed at the credits section, however, if you contribute a lot or if you join the hack you will be listed here!
I have no team thread at the moment!

Help Needed:
- Overworld Spriter (Kinda more urgent than other things)
- Trainer Spriter (Not Urgent)
- Tiles Spriter (It'd be quiet awesome if I had my own tiles :D, Not Urgent)
- Mapper (You have to be good, otherwise I can do it myself. Also a plus if you're a really good tileset inserter, and with that I mean that you can fit a lot of tiles together and still have a great looking pallette, Not Urgent)
- ASM routine for changing the character's trainer sprite (overworld sprite I can manage), front sprite and back sprite (when HackMew comes with a tutorial this isn't needed anymore, Not Urgent)

As you can see, nothing is very urgent, as I still need to plan out a lot of stuff, and the main things I will be able to do (mapping and scripting). But at some point, I will need help. The earlier the better ofcourse, because then I can get a cool main overworld and really nice maps to start with :D

Media:
Nothing much, but this section will be updated most!
Spoiler:

Working On:
Things that I'm working on at the moment! This will act as a log

- Started Hack
- Made Main Base
- Scripted Main Base
- Mapped + Tile Inserted Tyto Path
- Inserted Male Team Pendulum Overworld
- Mapping Tyto Town + Inserting Tiles for Tyto Town

Credits:
Thankies :D
- Jesse[TB Pro] - Tiles
- Alucus Of Borg - Tiles
- Lu-Ho - Advance Map
- HackMew - XSE, Hacked Unlz
- Jpan - Hacked FireRed Engine

If anyone thinks I should add anything, or if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post!

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Hey, how come no one posted in this topic? I find the storyline great, and since you don't barge into details you don't have to get it any better, either.

I could help you with OWs/trainer sprites sometime. I don't know when, though, I'll notify you.

Some comments:

• I suppose this is a Fire Red hack...? (you didn't mention)
  • If you want a new team name, I suggest Pendulum (I don't know if it's good or not to you, but I like it)
  • Also, suggesting a region name; Envest (enveloping in -est [superlative form]) - I don't know if you like that, too.
  • By "all pokemon", do you mean all 3 gens or the 25 empty slots as well?
  • Does your "time travel" involve events from default games (R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, FR/LG)?

Anyhow, good luck, let's see this updated soon, right Lyzo? ;)

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Hey, how come no one posted in this topic? I find the storyline great, and since you don't barge into details you don't have to get it any better, either.

I could help you with OWs/trainer sprites sometime. I don't know when, though, I'll notify you.

Some comments:

• I suppose this is a Fire Red hack...? (you didn't mention)
  • If you want a new team name, I suggest Pendulum (I don't know if it's good or not to you, but I like it)
  • Also, suggesting a region name; Envest (enveloping in -est [superlative form]) - I don't know if you like that, too.
  • By "all pokemon", do you mean all 3 gens or the 25 empty slots as well?
  • Does your "time travel" involve events from default games (R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, FR/LG)?

Anyhow, good luck, let's see this updated soon, right Lyzo? ;)
Great! Thanks for replying! Neat Ideas and comments.
Now answers for all your questions :P
It'd be great if you could help me out on some overworlds and trainersprites, it isn't really urgent since I have no idea what I want yet. But it's great that I'm getting some support :D
It'll be a FireRed hack, using JPAN's hacked engine ;) (not that this means anything to the most of you, but it gives me lots more to work with)
Pendulum. I couldn't really think of anything that sounds original, and this does. So Pendulum it is :)
Same goes for the region name, it's neat, I'll take it :D
By all pokemon, I mean 1st, 2nd, 3rd and some (using the 25 slots) 4th gen.
I've been doing some more thinking about the time traveling. I'm not sure about including events from other games, since they take place in different regions. However I do want to take some revamped graphics from the older games to give you the feeling that you're going back in time.

Updates:
Very very small, I found out how main character overworld changing works, so that will be implemented (meaning: mabye different outfits and different overworld when going back in time).
I have also mapped out the main base, inserted some tiles for outdoors :/ xD
Screenshots will be posted later. As I want to finish off some things.
Furthermore, I'm going to update the thread with names and such, once I have the screenshots ready. (tommorrow)

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Good, so you're working on it with a beat after all.

Well, let me know when you have your mind set on it.

I hope I helped a bit (with the names etc). Looking forward to your update.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Time traveling, basically going back in time and stopping crime. That's all to it :P

UPDATE TIME:

Sooooo, screeny updates:
Spoiler:

Well, I'll be updating the thread now as well. Hope I'll get a few more comments after these screens, because what I've gotten now is kinda dissapointing. Anyway, as you see I need help with graphics things like overworlds and tiles. If you want to join the team or just give me something (with credits ofcourse) just post them here or PM me ;)

Oh, and the tiles I've used will be credited in the thread once I update it ;)

EDIT:
I just noticed, that with these screen shots, I have enough to go on to the Progressing Hacks section! I'm going to make a thread now!

EDIT EDIT:
Never Mind, I'll just PM a mod to move my forum to the progressing hacks section!

Last edited:

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Hello I Am Willing To Help You Create This

EDIT: Instead Of Using Charmander Bulbasaur And Squirtle Use Turtwig Piplup And Chimchar or Create Your Own Pokemon

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
The use of fakemon is good when you have good fakemon at hand.

Lyzo, I'm intending to do the OW's but right now I'm helping others, too, so please understand.

EDIT: for now, I have created the normal Team Pendulum Grunt OW.

How do you like golden outfit and purple hair?
On the OW editor, use palette 3.

Female grunt ows here.

Last edited:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Hello I Am Willing To Help You Create This

EDIT: Instead Of Using Charmander Bulbasaur And Squirtle Use Turtwig Piplup And Chimchar or Create Your Own Pokemon

The problem with using my own pokemon is, that I can't sprite. The problem with using piplup, chimchar and turtwig is that they have moves that can't be used in the 3rd gen. But I could change those ofcourse :P.
And willing to help with what?

The use of fakemon is good when you have good fakemon at hand.

Lyzo, I'm intending to do the OW's but right now I'm helping others, too, so please understand.

EDIT: for now, I have created the normal Team Pendulum Grunt OW.

How do you like golden outfit and purple hair?
On the OW editor, use palette 3.
Great, I'll insert these for the Male grunts! Really thanks :D
And I understand that you're working for a few other hacks as well. So don't rush on my hack since things can wait a little longer. But I really appreciate your work!
Since you're intending to do more Overworlds I'll put you under team. But please, don't feel any rush to finish anything since you have a lot more to do ;)

Updates:
Not much, since I just woke up. I've fixed the grass animation and I'll be inserting the team Pendulum male grunts right now. After that I'll be mapping the first town, Tyto (which also involves putting in some new tiles :D).

Anyway, thanks for the support so far! Oh, and I just noticed. If anyone feels like making support banners? :P Please do!

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
I feel relieved that you like them. I'll do more OWs for the female grunts and battle sprites later.

For now, something else I can do to help is a Usebar. I'll think of something...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The story is very very interesting. I can't really add more though. It really is a nice storyline. :)
The screenshots show nice scripting and mapping. ;)

Anyways, I wish ye luck on this hack project~

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Cool, I really like the time traveling stuff!
I want to help you, but I guess I'm too busy.
Good luck with this!

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
The story is very very interesting. I can't really add more though. It really is a nice storyline. :)
The screenshots show nice scripting and mapping. ;)

Anyways, I wish ye luck on this hack project~

The new screenies looks very good :)
I'd like to see more of your missions :D
Cool, I really like the time traveling stuff!
I want to help you, but I guess I'm too busy.
Good luck with this!

Thanks for all the positive responses :D I'm busy at the moment but I'll probably update tomorrow or this afternoon.

Edit/Update:

A small update, I put in NiKaNoRoU's Male Team Pendulum Overworld sprite!

Spoiler:

UPDATE:

Wohooo! Moved to the progressing hacks section!

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Great! you made it to the Progressing hacks! Congratulations!

Now, asking and suggesting;
Do you also want me to make the battles sprites for the team Pendulum (and a sprite/OW case for the main hero/ine)?

And, since you are looking for a set of starters, how about the following:
Poliwag
Bellsprout (or Oddish)
Vulpix (or Growlithe - I wish you'd find a Fire pokemon with 2 evos, non starter...use Magby if you insert Magmortar)

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Great! you made it to the Progressing hacks! Congratulations!

Now, asking and suggesting;
Do you also want me to make the battles sprites for the team Pendulum (and a sprite/OW case for the main hero/ine)?

And, since you are looking for a set of starters, how about the following:
Poliwag
Bellsprout (or Oddish)
Vulpix (or Growlithe - I wish you'd find a Fire pokemon with 2 evos, non starter...use Magby if you insert Magmortar)
I will eventually need Battlesprites for Team Pendulum members, but the main Hero/ine Overworlds are more important. So if you could do those first, that would be great.
About the starters, I'm asking someone I know, about something I could use ^^ If I'm aloud to use that something, then we'd have some pretty cool starters :D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Nice! You've made it to Progressing Hacks, YAY!
Looking forward to the new starters too.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Aside of 'bumping'...
I did the female Team pendulum OWs. I have less and less free time every day, so excuse me for not making the main hero yet. I also have to figure out a good theme...

I hope you like them. Looking forward to your next update, Lyzo.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Aside of 'bumping'...
I did the female Team pendulum OWs. I have less and less free time every day, so excuse me for not making the main hero yet. I also have to figure out a good theme...

I hope you like them. Looking forward to your next update, Lyzo.
Thanks for the overworld :D
I also have less and less time each day and I like to spend my time on other things than only hacking. So an update will come within... I dunno, 3-5 days...

Back