• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dark Sky - A New Adventure Awaits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
POKEMON
DARK SKY

Credits(haven't put everything in yet):
Curts Region Starter Kit
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ for sprites and such.

program used: RPG XP

Hello Everyone!
LAST UPDATED: April 14, 2012.

- Just edited a good portion of this with new needs, new changes, etc. Currently we've made a lot of progress on the story, and the entire map minus 2 custom areas has been mapped and linked. Though we still need Spriters, we are making progress everywhere else we can with what we have. No worries, even if we never get spriters, we will finish this game. Its just going to take Diagostimo and I longer since we are both doing the majority of the work, so please, have some patience and sorry for the wait. Expect ScreenShots in the next few days and Video hopefully in the coming weeks or prior.

This game is using the MANGA as a base. Not the Anime. The Storyline will have its differences, so don't expect 100% copy and paste. This story is custom, there are plenty of famaliar faces with a good deal of new ones.

~~~

Below I'm going to have the basics out, and in spoiler/quotes will be the Deep information for those heavy readers. Please Post whether you would like me to post more story summary, more skill or ability clarification, or anything you may have questions on. There is more story developed then listed and I have much of the gameplay ideas and everything scripted just not yet implemented, so please ask away.

Features it Will have:
-Kanto Region Revamped! Will have a very Different Look, aswell as many different areas. (Mt. Silver, Pure Ceo, Various Hidden Explorable Areas, Etc.)
-Tales of Battle System ( Think Star Ocean, Tales of Etc )
-Customizable abilities that make every playthrough and character different!
-Battle Alongside Misty, Brock, and many more of your Favorite Pokemon Stars!

Story: This is basically Pokemon 15 Years Later from Red/Blue/Yellow Version. This story will take place in Kanto ( The first region only), with similar faces, such as RED and GREEN (Ash and Gary) As well as many others from the Manga.

What Are the Major Differences Between this and Pokemon ->Color Here<-:
-Customizable Battle System, Interactive, not a generic RPG battle system. Abilities, Combos, The mart doesn't sell pokeballs and potions, instead it will be completely revamped for a RPG game such as this.

-Story Completely different, not just different gym leaders and such, but an entirely different effect in general.

-You're NOT a Trainer. I've been getting alot of mixed reviews on My game because people like the idea, but hate the fact that you're not catching pokemon in this one. I'd go into detail, but I really dont want to express much of my plans outside my team. You will have pokemon and some may very well fight along side you of your choice, but you do not have to catch 151 pokemon, nor is that really a part of this story. Pokemon are Evil in this game, and if I were to say much more, it would be major spoilers. :X

-The story is Rich, and calculated. This game isn't vague, like most Pokemon games where you just battle trainers and catch pokemon. There's a plot, you have a mission, and its very customizable. The aspect of battling alongside pokemon is still available, since you may either choose to have pokemon fight with you or just solely use their abilities in combat, or even a mixture of both.

-Various Allies help you along your Journey, such as Gym Leaders, Famous Trainers, Elite 4 Members, Champions, and even Pokemon.

~This is all I have so far, haven't really sat down and thought out the differences. Will come to me eventually.~

SCREENSHOTS
this link will take you to the group page for our game where everyone on the team posts pictures, info, etc.
more to come!
http://pokemon-dark-sky.deviantart.com/

What I need help With:
Overworld Pokemon/Trainer Sprites
-Need someone who can make/Edit these like a stud.

Battle Sprites
-Just like above, only for the battle scenes. Obviously since its tales of eternia, fighting and each movement will need to be made, So its a lot of work and I really want someone committed to doing this if they want to do it.
Custom Map Tiles/ Map Maker who can do both ^^
These need to look good. They need to match the pokemon feel of the particular gen design i'm using which would be around HG/SS, but of course if they look good we can make it work with w\e.

What is Pokemon Dark Sky?:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Setting:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Main Characters
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

---ALOT MORE OF THE STORY IS COMPLETE, I'VE ONLY SHOWN THIS AS NOT TO SPOIL/ RUIN THE GAME.---

Many NPC's in various cities will have the opportunity to aid you in your journey, temporarily or permanently. Thinking of doing it like how star ocean does it, you can have 8 characters in that game but you encounter 10+ and have to choose who you want. Might change it up but i like that idea of everyone playing the way they want to play their journey.

Storyline:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Battle System and Skills:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

My team So far:

Me: Everything
Diagostimo: Everything
Jake: Scripter 1
Matt: Scripter 2
Alvear: TBA
Emily: Music

Open Positions(Edit TBA)

(Tiler): I need destroyed terrain/ burned buildings/ frozen buildings/ etc. Think, if pokemon attacked a town, what would it look like? Thats what I'm going for. We need someone who can edit pokemon buildings/ terrain and make destroyed areas, dead NPC sprites, flames, Ice, burned buildings, etc.

(Spriter): Only need 1-2 more good Spriters! Need to be able to make ABS Sprites in a 4x4 set for RPG XP. This is really the only area we need help in to keep progress going. Please, If you're interested don't hesitate to contact me. Please be good at making overworld sprites or active battle sprites (Tales of, Star Ocean, Etc.)

Voice Actors:
Once the game starts rolling, the voice actors will get to test the game first and then they will be given their choice of who they would like to voice. I'm going to give my suggestion, but since we're a team we should all be in agreement.

(Other): If you excel in an area unlisted or see spots fully applied in, post below!

If I left anything out or have any questions, PLEASE post below.

Contact me here, or in PM. we can further discuss things from there.
If you want to make one/multiple, post below - i have a certain format i'd like to toss at you. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I'm very intrigued by this idea. It's totally different from the cliche Pokemon fan game and adds a new depth to the Pokemon reality overall. I'd love to help, but I'm afraid my spriting isn't too great. I may be able to conjure up some destroyed looking buildings, but that may be about it.

I'll get back to you about it / post it for you. Good luck to you and your game.

Years
Sure sounds good!
Yeah, thats exactly what I was going for! didn't want to be just like every other fan game, not that their bad, I love most of them, I just needed a change from the cliche catch pokemon, battle gym leaders, etc etc.

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
Interesting. Finally a pokemon game with a good solid story line! No longer will we have to go through the tedious task of catching every Pokemon and beating every trainer! Though, we won't really know much at the beginning will we? You could maybe begin the story somewhere around the end. An in medias reis. This making it more intersting for the player. Also, I will voice act.

Years
Well, you will get filled in a bit because the survivors of the town will discuss things in prof oaks lab, since everyone knows as much as you do, or so you think. This game isn't just going to focus on you, You may be the main character but there's going to be alot of side character development and exploitation. Thats not a bad Idea, I can always rework it to my liking, but I'm pretty solid on not much being known in Pallet Town, then you hit up Viridian get some more information, etc. Not going to say much more :P

That in medias reis is a good idea, its just that I have some massive plot twists that if I were to do something like that it may take away from that. Though I can think on it :D

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
So consider me part of the team? Also, I will also be a second mapper, if needed, but I'll be a little lazy on that.

Years
Not gonna start on voice acting yet, I'll just be taking people interested. That'll be one of the final additions I put in. Sure, you're in. Got any experience with tileset making or sprite making? Really need both of those. Thats fine, taking this game slow so i can minimize errors since its my first time, so hopefully things go well. :)

Years
I take it you mean high res and dry landscape?if not you lost me lmao! xD
edit: unless you meant it in the alcohol sense... >_>

Last edited:
Years
I am making a tile set. I based it off of Poccil's starter kit set, but other than that, it's pretty much ours.
Kk, Just send me what you get, When you're available I'll give you a few of my needs especially tile wise, Then i'll just gimp and take what I need.

I'm using Curts Region Starter Kit, and just taking kanto and fully remodeling it with new additional areas, revamped terrain (Destroyed and newer gen). So, yea. I'd google curts starter kit, take those tilesets because that might be easier since i'm using those amongst others. (not using Poccil's.)
I'm not using alot of the grass tiles like the ones that = pokemon battle encounters because that's now how you'll get into a battle! you'll actually see the sprite of the pokemon on the map, depending on where you are, etc.

Last edited:

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
I think I'm going to stay off for a while. I want to sort of freelance for a bit, make my own project, to see if it works out okay.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
blue is a guy...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blue_(game)

BLUE
165px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Blue.png

GREEN
200px-Green%28Manga%29.png

----edit---

oh, i see. your going by the manga, not by the games....

dont you think that is just a little confusing, since he is only called "green" in Japans version of the manga? :)

Green, known as Blue in Japan, is one of the many female protagonists from the Pokemon Special (known as Adventures in all other countries) manga from Japan.
Blue Oak (Japanese: オーキド・グリーン Green Ōkido) is the second main character of the manga series Pokémon Adventures. He is the grandson of Professor Oak.

when they translated to English, they for some reason switched blue and green.... in english green is the girl and blue is the guy :D

http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Green_(Adventures)

Last edited:
Years
Yeah I know.
It's extremely confusing `-`
Maybe I will change it around, :\
Do you like the idea at least ;o

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2015
I saw that catching all the Pokémon isn't a primary focus.

I love you.
But seriously, I'm not all that talented, but if you need a voice actor, I'm available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back