• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
To be fair, Mew was originally not meant to be accessible at all, and it was only because of the glitch that let you encounter it that they eventually made it an official Pokémon.
But the difference is that while both were accessible due to glitches, Mew was an actual, coded-in Pokémon, while MissingNo. was and is still just a wacky glitch.
It's not the glitch that enabled Mew to be caught that was kept in future games. It was Mew as a Pokémon.

But Mew didn't destroy your game when you caught it. I understand you point though.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I think that if they ever intended MissingNo. to be canon, they would've done it in FrLg. So that practically ends any discussion.

And technically Porygon-Z is a glitched-out version of Porygon2 anyway.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
These games don't seem to have any actual relation to the first few games, so even if it WAS reasonable to make Missing number an actual Pokémon, it wouldn't make sense to do it in XY.

That isn't a very good argument. Sylveon is an evolution to a pokemon introduced in the very first game....and a pokemon from the very first game is getting a new form. (Mewtwo)

All the games are related to each other...not strictly but still connected.

On another note the whole "if they were going to do it they would have done it at THIS point" argument is pointless. It's not like they would think of doing something and then go "oops we missed our chance to do it". If they want to do it they'll make it happen regardless of the moment they're in.

I really don't see why Game Freak would like to point out a mistake they had with previous games.

Anyone who follows the games closely enough to appreciate the addition of Missingno as an actual pokemon already knows about the glitch. Anyone who doesn't won't notice and probably won't care that much about a glitch that occurred in a game released in the 90's.

Regardless, Missingno has cult status. It's not JUST a glitch. Heck people make t-shirts with Missingno on it: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l74z1174671qzxegjo1_500.jpg

(Anyhow, there are pokemon that form magically from snow into the shape of ice cream cones. It doesn't seem that crazy to imagine a glitch taking a physical form in the pokemon world.)

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
If they're doing a presentation/Q&A dedicated to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y for 1 hour and 30 minutes, then I'm sure we'll get some new information.

crimsonskarmory

Alchemist
Years
This is the first I have heard about this bond system. I would like to know more about that and also the evolutions for the starters would be really nice to know.

blue

gucci
Years
The one thing I'm really holding out for right now is Sylveon's type, I don't know why but I'm really keen to find out since it has remained a mystery for a long time now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If they're doing a presentation/Q&A dedicated to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y for 1 hour and 30 minutes, then I'm sure we'll get some new information.

How it stands, the Q&A will be only about things we already know. They have enough info out there to make up an hour long presentation and to take up 30 mins in a Q&A session. We may get lucky and they discuss anything we may get in CoroCoro, but with the last reveal being fairly large, my expectations for this CoroCoro are very low. I'm not expecting anything big other than more Movie news.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I expect some forum meltdowns when the cat is out of the bag, during, or after the Direct. It's like... there's something we don't know yet that should be there by this point.

blue

gucci
Years
Smash in an hour! Although, after last weeks let down I'm not expecting all that much tbh. There was a "?" in the last week preview but apparently it's just Pancham's signature move being used which is odd.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Speaking of the origins of the legendaries, seeing them caused me to immediately jump to Norse mythology. There is a great tree called Yggdrasil, which connects the various worlds that the religion believes in with its branches and roots.

I faintly remembered something about a deer and a bird living upon Yggdrasil, and thought it might be worth looking into to see if there was any link. I hadn't gotten round to it until just now. As it turns out, the tree was believed to be inhabited by four stags, an eagle and a dragon.

It's not very solid evidence, but I think it's very possible that there's some connection. If we find out that the traditional third member of this generation's legendaries is based on a dragon I think it might be something to go on.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Speaking of the origins of the legendaries, seeing them caused me to immediately jump to Norse mythology. There is a great tree called Yggdrasil, which connects the various worlds that the religion believes in with its branches and roots.

I faintly remembered something about a deer and a bird living upon Yggdrasil, and thought it might be worth looking into to see if there was any link. I hadn't gotten round to it until just now. As it turns out, the tree was believed to be inhabited by four stags, an eagle and a dragon.

It's not very solid evidence, but I think it's very possible that there's some connection. If we find out that the traditional third member of this generation's legendaries is based on a dragon I think it might be something to go on.
Most often the dragon is referred to as a Snake or Serpent in the myth but I can see the Snake being a Dragon like Rayquaza (oppose to Longs (Chinese dragons)), maybe a yellow or another green serpent.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
It is worth noting that dragons have been referred to and related to serpents since their concoction. I do agree though that if this is the direction that they had intended on going then the dragon should be quite snake-like and agile, as opposed to the thick and brutish designs of Salamence and Charizard. There don't seem to be many in that style, beyond Rayquaza.

Unlike Rayquaza I can't imagine it flying though. As far as I know, most Norse depictions of Níðhöggr featured him with front legs, but no back legs or wings, and then a long snake-like body from the torso down. I'm getting the distinct feeling that this might relate it to a ground type, although the close relation to the tree Yggdrasil might suggest a dragon/grass type?

*Double checking my facts proved that he is supposed to be capable of flight. In a sense, that disappoints me. We already have plenty of dragons that can fly. I was hoping for something that buried through the ground.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Doesn't mean it need's to be part flying though, as lately the legendary mascots have access to fly. I imagine the third legend being Water/Dragon to represent the Sea and depth at the same time. Or maybe Fire/Ice as there's a legend that the norse world was made of fire and ice. Though I imagine a Fire/Ice legend would be more like their trio master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back