• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
Years
Is there a way to trade pokemon from Gold / Silver onto Stadium / Stadium 2, and then trade them from Stadium / Stadium 2 onto Ruby / Sapphire? I'm just really trying to find a way to migrate my Silver team over to the new generation games. So is that possible?

The Red Chain

Is there a way to trade pokemon from Gold / Silver onto Stadium / Stadium 2, and then trade them from Stadium / Stadium 2 onto Ruby / Sapphire? I'm just really trying to find a way to migrate my Silver team over to the new generation games. So is that possible?

I'm actually positive that Stadium and Stadium 2 are not compatible with any 3rd generation games..
So I don't believe that is possible I'm sorry to say. ;~;

Mumfie

Norwegian penguin!
Years
I'm pasting this quote from another source:

"Trade the Red Gyarados back to Red/Blue/Yellow and let it learn TM 31, Mimic. Trade it back(gsc) and delete all of its moves except Mimic(blackthorne city). Fight a wild Ditto(in pokemon rby). Let it use transform to turn into your Gyarados. Use Mimic to mimic Transform. Let Gyarados use Transform. Let Ditto use Transform again. Then, catch it. It will be shiny. Now that you have a shiny Ditto, you can breed any Pokemon with it. Your odds of getting a shiny egg is 1:64 where regular odds would be 1:8000."

Could anyone tell me if this is fake or if it works?

Link to source: http://www.trsrockin.com/shiny.html

The Red Chain

I'm pasting this quote from another source:

"Trade the Red Gyarados back to Red/Blue/Yellow and let it learn TM 31, Mimic. Trade it back(gsc) and delete all of its moves except Mimic(blackthorne city). Fight a wild Ditto(in pokemon rby). Let it use transform to turn into your Gyarados. Use Mimic to mimic Transform. Let Gyarados use Transform. Let Ditto use Transform again. Then, catch it. It will be shiny. Now that you have a shiny Ditto, you can breed any Pokemon with it. Your odds of getting a shiny egg is 1:64 where regular odds would be 1:8000."

Could anyone tell me if this is fake or if it works?

Link to source: http://www.trsrockin.com/shiny.html
According to my own knowledge and many other people's personal experiences on the interwebs, this trick works.
The reason for it turning shiny upon capture I'm uncertain of.. it's possible the stats it gains from Red Gyarados upon transforming stick with it even after it turns back into Ditto. In the GSC days, DVs [Called IVs now] were responsible for telling if the Pokemon you encountered was shiny or not. Automatically Red Gyarados will always have a DV combo that keeps it shiny no matter what.. therefore when you glitch the Ditto to mimic the Red Gyarados's stats, it will be shiny too.

Also, shiny parents will increase the chances of a shiny baby in GSC because the DVs that made the parent(s) shiny will pass onto it's children.
Keep in mind this trick no longer works in the later generations because DVs/IVs do not determine shinyness anymore.

Last edited:

The Red Chain

Was there an english version of Green ever released? besides leaf green of course

The only form of an English Green version I've ever seen were fan made translations of the ROM..
But that's the only information I have personally.. >.<;

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
What level was the Mew obtained from the 1999 Poketour that was traded to your GB? Also what was the OT's name and ID?

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
Red + Green | Blue (+ Red again possibly)

Just to clarify:

• Red and Green are released in Japan
  • Blue is released in Japan with updated graphics, new encounters, and a few other differences
  • Red and Green are remade with Blue's updated graphics and other differences, and are released outside of Japan as Red and Blue. Japan does not get these games.
  • Yellow is released everywhere, again with even newer graphics and other differences.
This is how I think it is anyway.

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
odd question but are pokemon gold and silver for gameboy color or gameboy pocket? because I can play pokemon silver on my original Gameboy pocket the huge grey one and the smaller one as well. all the box art I look up for the game says they're gameboy color games but I know you can't play game boy color games on Gameboy pocket I tried with pokemon crystal.

Im almost positive Gold and Silver were released during the GBC but as a regulat Game Boy game. The bcks didnt have the bulge and I think only say gameboy. Crystal bulges and says gameboy color. If I remember correctly.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011

Yes. It's called Pokemon Blue. The US Blue version is identical to the Japanese Green version.

Look it up online. It's actually pretty cool, since the original japanese pokemon actually has completely different sprites then our red and blue.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
^ And worse ones for the most part haha.

Apart than the sprites, there are a few other small differences between Green and Blue. A few of the major bugs were ironed out (Such as the glitch which teleports you straight to the Hall of Fame from Pallette Town), and also I believe you get Mew upon 100% completion of the Pokédex in Japan whereas in Blue you get a certificate which you can print out - short straw, much?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Anyone know how to get the Water Stone, Thunder Stone, and Moon Stone in Crystal? I know the first two require getting some numbers, but I can't remember who and where they are. As for the Moon Stone, I read Ruins of Alph, but I'm not sure.

Emlam

Old School
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
Super-simple question: In G/S, when you headbutt trees at night, will all the daytime Pokemon you encounter be asleep? It caught me a bit by surprise when a sleeping Spearow somehow attacked me. :P

Emlam

Old School
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
Wish I'd realized it before I had all the tree Pokemon, I wouldn't have even bothered during the daytime. xD Free status condition!

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
In Pokemon Red/Blue, they had Stat Exp. instead of EV's. Is there a list anywhere that tells you how much stat exp. you get from defeating each Pokemon?

Emlam

Old School
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
I think I remember a bunch of formulas for things like that in Red on here, though I never got around to reading them all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back