• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I'm in the very early planning stage of a fic...Don't have a plotline yet, just a partial general idea..

There is a person that is not a trainer. Said person for some reason, travels around their region(Preferably a region with a higher amount of forests or rivers) Said person has colleagues in his/her proffession. Said person, while going about their way in the normal going-ons of their profession, stumbles upon an illegal organization. Said organization, though illegal, is intertwined with goverment and popular society. Said person, along with several colleagues, has to find a way to dismantle the organization, without help of of the public or the goverment(Or rest of the goverment, in case said person is a goverment official)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm in the very early planning stage of a fic...Don't have a plotline yet, just a partial general idea..

There is a person that is not a trainer. Said person for some reason, travels around their region(Preferably a region with a higher amount of forests or rivers) Said person has colleagues in his/her proffession. Said person, while going about their way in the normal going-ons of their profession, stumbles upon an illegal organization. Said organization, though illegal, is intertwined with goverment and popular society. Said person, along with several colleagues, has to find a way to dismantle the organization, without help of of the public or the goverment(Or rest of the goverment, in case said person is a goverment official)
There is potential in having a Pokemon fic based on a character who is not a trainer, given it is not often seen in general. I would warn to make sure that the story itself is something that wouldn't work fine if you removed all references of Pokemon in it (ie as an original story); if it's a Pokemon fic it's got to involve stuff that is relevant to Pokemon itself, be it say a set up of how you think the Pokemon world would work (what with government and all), the organisation doing something illegal that relates to Pokemon, etc.

What sort of profession does 'said person' have, do you think?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Yeah, the illegal actives DO have to do with pokemon.

I'm not sure what said person's proffession would be. It'd have to be something that would make them going all over the region.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Please don't double post by repeating the same thing you said; sometimes forums move slowly is all and you need patience. If you want more attention to questions you ask the only way to possibly help it is to post about in the community some more (e.g. review fics, answer other people's questions, make a discussion topic, etc, so people may be inclined to help back, so to speak).

Maybe you should consider approaching what the profession should be with what it has to do with the illegal activities/the organisation doing them. What sort of people would such an organisation typically deal with, and then consider from that what roles would involve someone travelling a lot to be in that profession. After all it also has to fit the story as well.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I am trying to write a Pokemon fic based off Power Rangers...

I am thinking of either making ten Rangers with the Energy Types from the TCG, or maybe something else. I'm totally open to ideas.

The TCG Rangers and possible first "Zords"

Green Grass Ranger: Leavanny
Red Fire Ranger: Magmortar
Blue Water Ranger: Walrein
Yellow Lightning Ranger: Ampharos
Purple Psychic Ranger: Gengar
Brown Fighting Ranger: Rhyperior
Black Darkness Ranger: Umbreon
Silver Metal Ranger: Klinklang
White Colorless Ranger: Staraptor
Gold Dragon Ranger: Haxorus

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Okay, I'm sincerely sorry for that Bobandbill :/

Oooh, I could make a goverment agency related to what the illegal organization is doing...hmm..the region'll be Hoenn...Thanks!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That's alright, just keep it in mind for future is all.

@ Digimon Kaiser: My memoris of PR is...fuzzy at best, even if I watched a lot as a kid, heh.

Idk how'd you'd make it work given you havn't given any details on that... but with a PR, I'd think this guy already looks like one in a way:
625.png

Not quite sure how some of those other Pokemon would work as a PR... depends how you protray it but I don't really...'see' it yet. Also, why ten; just because that's the number of TCG types? Would that be too many a number of main characters if you intend them to be that, I wonder? (It won't necessarily be if you can handle them, but it's more than what I recall the team being, and would be harder).

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I've got this idea for a fanfic. It takes place in between the times of Black and Black 2. It's from the eyes of an ex-Team Plasma who now has realized his mistakes and changed his ways. He has now dedicated his life to the dangerous path of fighting Plasma. He knows much about the organization, as he worked for it, and he uses his knowledge to help destroy there plans. I haven't seen to many fics from the evil side, especially one like this. What do you guys think about it?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Worht a shot, certainly; could be interesting seeing it from the perspective from an ex-team member (I suppose ala Pokemon Colosseum with its protagonist actually), and you'd have a lot of things to play around with that way too. Any plans to show/explain why/how he realised his mistakes? I know there's a few members of plasma who felt they were wrong 2 years back in the B2W2 games.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
He realizes his mistake due to realizing that what Plasma was doing is wrong. And that there true plans where to just steal Pokemon and build an army. He believed they where actually working for the good of the Pokemon like many believed.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I was recently inspired by Pokemon Conquest to totally redo my Pokemon and Kingdom hearts Crossover. It will take place only in worlds of Kingdom Hearts, but with Pokemon, and traveling through the Lanes Between. It will be focused on three main characters that are Keyblade wielders, and all friends with each other, that are training with Masters Eraqus, Yensid, and Nomekop. Each hero will come with their own unique story and some worlds are exclusive to a particular one's plot. But Master Xehanort wants to control all worlds, and Pokemon, for himself, and is unleashing the Heartless, and also closing the door to some Pokemon's hearts, to achieve his goals.

Trava is a young woman, with her Knowledge, and a Chikorita, alongside a great sense of justice, she will do anything to protect her friends, Pokemon, and allies. She has green armor, red hair, and blue eyes.

Ogon is an adolescent male, with his Emotion, and a Cyndaquil, alongside a childish attitude, he will persist at his goals until the end. He has red armor, blue hair, and green eyes.

Vody is a great man, with his Willpower, and a Totodile, alongside a poor sense of Light and Darkness, he will do just about anything to prove to others that he is worthy of a Keyblade. He has blue armor, green hair, and red eyes.

All three start out with a Kingdom Key. Trava's is colored like Palkia, Ogon's is colored like Dialga, and Vody's is colored like Giratina.

(Fun fact: The names of our heroes are Russian for the type of Starter they have chosen.)

The worlds are (brace yourselves for a long list of worlds)

1. Land of Departure (all)
2. Twinkling Town [Traverse Town and Twilight Town combined] (all)
3. Enchanted Dominion (Vody only)
4. Dwarf Woodlands (Ogon only)
5. Castle of Dreams (Trava only)
6. Wonderland (Vody only)
7. Beast's Castle/Fabled Countryside (Ogon only)
8. Agrabah (Trava only)
9. Olympus Coliseum/Underworld (all)
10. Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion (all)
11. The Land of Dragons (Vody only)
12. Prankster's Paradise/Monstro (Ogon only)
13. The City of Bells [can't type it in French] (Trava only)
14. Disney Town (Vody only)/Disney Castle (Ogon only)/Timeless River (Trava only)
15. Atlantica (Vody only)
16. Pride Lands (Ogon only)
17. Space Paranoids (Trava only)
18. 100 Acre Wood (all)
19. Neverland (all)
20. Keyblade Graveyard (all)

Prepare for Pokemon Xrossed: Kingdom Hearts! Coming soon to Pokecommunity! VM or PM me with critique and praise!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It kind of sounds like BBS only with Pokemon and different characters. There's really not much to say beyond that, since there's not much of anything else to critique. I am wondering where the "Pokemon" part is going to be explained. How did worlds based around Disney suddenly wind up with Pokemon everywhere? Does everyone in the world own Pokemon? Or is it only certain people, like how it is with the keyblades?

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
It kind of sounds like BBS only with Pokemon and different characters. There's really not much to say beyond that, since there's not much of anything else to critique. I am wondering where the "Pokemon" part is going to be explained. How did worlds based around Disney suddenly wind up with Pokemon everywhere? Does everyone in the world own Pokemon? Or is it only certain people, like how it is with the keyblades?

That will be explained as the plot goes on.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
I haven't done anything writing in a long time, so I'm completely rusty. I'm trying to think of a plot I'm thinking of implanting this in a Pokemon game, but I might convert it to a original IP.

"It's over, they've won. In a region in which the government isn't a hierarchy, in which opinions are respected. Now, all that is gone. The government has been overthrown and destroyed.
The streets are patrolled by goons at every turn, the folks are afraid to leave their homes. Neighborhoods have been torn down, and residents have evacuated out of the city. I never thought this would happen, yet it has.
Call me cryptic, but this is the start of a war. It has been planned for months, and they did it. The ones that were laughed at for years, they become the emperors of the city. In hopes that their disease doesn't spread through out the once respected nation, I plan to join the revolution."

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Click on Pokemon Johto Adventures

My story is set like 15 years into the future after the BW events occurred. Unova Pokemon migrated because of various people traveling across the world for boats and how others just fly there.

Ok, so I got this. Well there's this boy name Blake Chambers, a 10 1/2 year old ambitious boy that strives to beat the Pokemon League like any other amateur trainer. He's inspired by me actually, but I will make him age though and have character development for his hot headed characteristics.

He can be kind of hot headed that can let people think of him as a kid however, but he is quite intellectual and skilled in fighting. But he has this father that was like him and left him at the at age 5.

His partner, Quil the Cyndaquil, is like aggressive. He has a bad past of how his parents were lost and how people were meant to abuse him, even trainers that tried to own him or that owned him would hurt him harshly. That made him quite a monster though, especially with his massive power.

Well, I tried making a team named "Team Earth", this evil organization that tries to get some special type of gem(s) so they can control the legendary Pokemon Lugia, Celebi, and Ho-Oh. But like Team Rocket, they get to steal Pokemon and they would test and experiment them for power.

They also want to have world domination. Team Rocket that was disbanded 15 years back, returns back to business to fight Team Earth for that same purpose.

Like I am planning on letting Team Earth make an appearance somewhere around the time Blake gets his 1st or 3rd badge of Act 1, where things slowly gets interesting while he goes his journey and get one of the sacred jewels that both of the evil organizations have by the monks of Sprout Tower.

Anyways, I kind of need help with this. Like for fighting styles for Pokemon, how do I seem to make them interesting? Because like I was planning on Blake's Elekid fight a trainer's Lampent that is strong and fast that knows Will-O-Wisp and Hex.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Like I am planning on letting Team Earth make an appearance somewhere around the time Blake gets his 1st or 3rd badge of Act 1, where things slowly gets interesting while he goes his journey and get one of the sacred jewels that both of the evil organizations have by the monks of Sprout Tower.

Anyways, I kind of need help with this. Like for fighting styles for Pokemon, how do I seem to make them interesting? Because like I was planning on Blake's Elekid fight a trainer's Lampent that is strong and fast that knows Will-O-Wisp and Hex.
I'm interested in learning why Blake gets one of the sacred jewels. If it has the ability to control a legendary Pokemon, I would think that the gem would be more guarded then, and not readily given to a ten-year-old boy. I'm sure you have a reason for it.

As for the fighting style, there's a few basic pieces of advice. Remember that the Pokemon don't just stand still during battles. Describe how they move when dodging attacks or performing their own. As for attacks, use them in different ways. Like in this thread, where Quick Attack is used to move around the battlefield, and not just as a quick dash to ram into the opponent.

Pointblank

#YOLO
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
Hello, I am Pointblank, I am relatively new here, and I am planning on making my first fanfic. Here is the gist of the idea hope you like it:

The story takes place slightly ahead into the future, say 5-6 years. A "world war 3" has broken out, and involves everyone this time. The viewpoint will be of a 23 year old Martin Sharp, a part-time soldier who was called out when the fight breaks out. From what I have written down so far, the story begins in Turkey, one of the major battlegrounds in the early stages of the war.Through Sharp's perspective, the war would be chronicled through his and a few other characters eyes, although the story fixates around Sharp.

What do you of the fanfic forum think?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I'm taking a break from Pokemon Johto Adventures since my motiv is going down, so I'll try working on another fan fiction.

In addition to how I planned the Marowak story in May 2011, I tried writing a story based off how a Shuppet's life as a doll when she was with her master. I got inspired by this story in May about a Yamask. And see the synopsis in the spoiler, since it's long.

Spoiler:

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
Hi all. I'm really new to the forum, and though I'm not new to pokemon, as it's been part of my life since I was just a kid, I'm returning after a good near decade and a half of not caring.
One of the things I've been into between then and now is character development and script writing. I know scripts aren't everyone's cup of tea here, but I do put a lot of effort in to make sure that they're a performance and story, rather than just back and forth dialog. Hopefully you all will enjoy them, once I get around to starting to write.

Now we're onto my plot. It's still being thought over, but my mind's eye is enjoying it :)

Recently I've gotten into post apocalyptic stories (I know, I know - boooo overdone!) More the Book of Eli and Jericho type Apocalypse more so than zombie type that we see in Walking Dead.

My plot is a pretty heavy mash up of taking pokemon and dumping it in the world that was the over all scenery for The Book of Eli. I hope that doesn't lose me any credit as a writer (obviously my scenery inspiration credit goes to that movie) - it's just what /really/ inspires me.

The setting is some few decades past the year of the "last" pokemon league, as the were disbanded as the economy crumbled and resources were thin. Pokemon were now used as workers, and any type of recreational battling that wasn't purely for self defense was frowned upon. However, there still are some people who refuse to believe it's over.
In the "new world," pokemon are divided into 3 categories: Inedible Defense, Inedible Worker, and Edible.
So, unfortunately, if your pokemon is not rock, ghost, or steel - it's food, and if it's not your food - someone else is going to make it theirs. The regions have been too built up with new towns to fit any large sustainable farms.

sooooooooooooo, that brings us to my main character - Tori.
Tori is a mid-twenties female "trainer" who was raised by a gardener mother and fighting pokemon trainer father. Her mother, being a gardener, raised her family, as well as the family's pokemon, to be mostly herbivores.
Tori, at her introduction, is at the beginning of her "adventure" and has two pokemon:
Growlithe: a pokemon given to her by her father to "keep her safe - keep her warm" (his words to the growlithe)
and
Torterra: Her grandmother's pokemon that was passed down to her mother, and then to her. It is a very old pokemon, an though it can still get around just fine, and fight when need be, it is much happier dozing off. This pokemon is mostly used as a portable garden, as it's back can sustain plant growth.

I've toyed with ideas of what exactly she's going on an adventure for, and what I've come up with so far is that, similar to book of eli, there is a city of "elders" way off. I've considered it being the original elite 4 + red, and Tori's attempt is to convince them to restore the pokemon league and bring their powerful pokemon out of hibernation and attempt to restore order and convince the masses to find ways to rebuild civilly.

But ^ that is way off, and will probably take me forever and a decade to actually get to 8D....

Some random tidbits of things that are different in this world.

Large structures like pokemon centers and gyms were forced into makeshift shelters when disasters forced people out of their homes. Similar to the scenery at some shelters after the US's hurricane katrina - some were far less than safe and thefts, rapes, and murders run rampant. This caused most "good" people to be forced out of the shelters, and what is left is colonies of criminals waiting to prey on naive travelers thinking that the pokemon center or gym is their sanctuary.

Most of the good people, including pokemon center staff, have now been forced underground and there is an elaborate network of messengers that have created ways of passing medicine, vegetation, and injured pokemon undetected. (note: Electricity is still available but it is rare. Thieves [team something? who knows] will often use their own electric pokemon to follow electrical pulses of other electric pokemon being used to sustain power - so it's best to do without, or if you need it, to use very little very quickly)

umumumum.... .___. yeah. I hope it's not too cliche? ^^;

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
Hii PC FF&W community~!

I'm Michael and I'm brand new here. Fan Fiction and writing are going to be my main thing in my time here at PC and I'd like to begin my first project ASAP, so I'd like to get some input on an idea that's been floating around in my head for the last few days. A brief disclaimer: I typically don't do all OC or mostly-OC stories, but this one has really got me thinking and I'd like to give it a shot.

Basically, my plot begins in the real world for a brief period of time. Grady Myers, the story's protagonist, is a seventeen-year-old guy and just beginning his senior year in high school. He's still a huge Pokemon fan and a bit of a "geek." He's shy and kind of socially awkward. He's not very popular and doesn't like large groups of people. He used to have a close group of friends and they all used to love all things Pokemon: Battling and trading each other in the games, watching the anime, playing the trading card game, reading the manga. They are all vastly different in personality now and have grown apart through the years.

One common childhood love reunites Grady and his three one-time friends in the strangest of ways when a twist of fate brings these friends together in the same place, at the same time. An inexplicable accident knocks them out cold and sends them to an undisclosed location. When they come to, they're sprawled out in the middle of a forest. A series of events (to be left alone until I actually right my story) leads them to realize they have somehow ended up in the Pokemon universe.

This, however, is not the Pokemon universe they thought they had known in their childhood. It is far from it. Things don't always turn out well. People die. Pokemon run rampant. Sometimes Pokemon don't just "faint". Pokemon deemed good for food are bred for slaughter and harvesting. A real crime syndicate by the name of Nightshade epitomizes evil. They don't just steal Pokeballs from trainers. They kidnap, take ransoms, run the black market, and turn to excessive violence. That's the other thing, they come armed. Fully automatic assault rifles, handguns, and explosives are common loadouts for the typical NightShade grunts. They encompass the true criminal, and the worst part is their connections to high-ranking officials leaves them completely free from the law. Becoming a Pokemon trainer is not an ideal occupation here and is certainly not something for a 10-year-old kid like Ash.

Seeing as they have no way home, and being completely unaware of their area, they wander off and come across a man by the name of Dayan Aspen. They make up a story about how they're from another region and that they're lost. When Dayan begins to question them, Grady tells him they're looking for the local Pokemon professor and wish to receive their first Pokemon. Dayan, being that professor takes them back to his lab and their journey begins.

Basically, my idea here is still in a draft-type stage. I just wanted to get out the few ideas I'd strung together for this story and plan on building on it from here. I figure I want to make it kind of dark and ominous, but at the same time I want it to have its lighter moments. I plan on using a lot of sarcasm and humor throughout. I still haven't thought about what to call this region yet, but I am working on that. This will have mostly the same basic gym leader thing but it will have the tournament-based league championship like in the anime. Battles will be a lot more violent and gory. People and Pokemon alike will die. People will experience trauma and psychological issues. It will probably have adult themes and will have strong language.

Anyway, the actual story will basically keep swapping around between their quest with the pokedex/gym badges, their altercations with Nightshade, their in-group issues, and a few side story things. It may or may not have a romantic twist added to it. I just haven't decided that yet. The story will probably be pretty long. In prior experience, my writing will start of with a like 800-1000 word first chapter, and each chapter will get longer and longer, so this could turn into a pretty huge story when I actually start it.

I don't know if I've done a very good job with this post. I usually just start writing, so I'm not sure if Idid a good job communicating my idea. I hope to get at least some kind of response, though, even if it is negative!

Thanks~!

Back