• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon L.I.F.E (Card Version)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I'm looking in to them :)
Need to do more revision on them though... Don't expect it soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
In the starter town I was exploring and noticed that all the second floors of the houses have no borders, I walked over everything and into the black.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
In the starter town I was exploring and noticed that all the second floors of the houses have no borders, I walked over everything and into the black.

Aha, good spot... Fixed.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Okay guys, a little update:

Bugs and Errors that have been found, are fixed.
Added more trainers and overworld NPC's.
Fixed some grammar errors.
Updated a few graphics.
Added more maps.
Added more ways to train Pokémon.
Plus much more.

Any player that downloads the new V1.2 release in the coming week, will be granted *FREE* items AND a *FREE* Train With Nici, which grants EXP points to any 1 Pokémon of your choice, for the troubles that V1.1 gave and for eagerly awaiting V1.2's release... Because let's face it, no one can train your Pokémon quicker than I can in Pokémon:L.I.F.E.

Details to follow soon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Tried playing it and it keeps giving me an error saying RGSS102E.dll doesn't exist or can't be found or something like that.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Tried playing it and it keeps giving me an error saying RGSS102E.dll doesn't exist or can't be found or something like that.

You can download this file here.

On the age thing how do I get 29 years old?

You set the first number to 9, and the second number to 2... Ones is always the last digit in a combination of numbers... Example: 3,459,712.

2 is classed as a one.
1 is classed as a ten, and in theory should look like this, 10.
5 is classed as a ten thousand, and in theory should look like this, 50,000.

And so on.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So, at midnight (GMT) last night, I was planning on releasing v1.2... But the pokecommunity website was down haha... Guess it weren't meant to be.

Soooo... I'm taking the rest of this week to add a few more things and possibly add something I wasn't going to add, until around v1.5, because of it's instability and incompleteness... But it seems I've finished it and added extra things to it, I just need to test it, make sure it works enough for the next version with no errors, and I will include it, if I find errors that I can't fix quickly enough (which I doubt will be the case ;) ), I won't add it.

V1.2
V1.2 mainly aims at bug fixes and visual addons, character graphics most notably, thanks to Saving Raven for their design.

This version will also feature a new item, Training With Nici, it's an item that gifts 1 Pokémon with experience points, be the first to see it in action, be the first to see something like this in the world of Pokémon.

This version also allows you to have more control over the newer features, by giving you the option to turn them on and off... By having these features on, you are entitled to more bonuses... But it's your choice nonetheless. (some features I haven't added to the controls in this version yet, since I need to know bugs, so I won't allow you to turn them off... Yet.)

Release
Will probably be Sunday morning before 11:59am (GMT) or Sunday night before 23:59pm... If not, Monday haha... But you can expect it in the coming days.

Future Releases
Within the next few releases, you will hopefully see all new player outfits that are purchasable in an all new Clothes Store... These outfits grant you access to areas you may not have been able to reach wearing other outfits and may even give you extra bonuses for your Pokémon.

Keep posting those bugs and comment! Comment! Comment!

The Original Post will get updated when the new version comes out.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
So, at midnight (GMT) last night, I was planning on releasing v1.2... But the pokecommunity website was down haha... Guess it weren't meant to be.

Soooo... I'm taking the rest of this week to add a few more things and possibly add something I wasn't going to add, until around v1.5, because of it's instability and incompleteness... But it seems I've finished it and added extra things to it, I just need to test it, make sure it works enough for the next version with no errors, and I will include it, if I find errors that I can't fix quickly enough (which I doubt will be the case ;) ), I won't add it.

V1.2
V1.2 mainly aims at bug fixes and visual addons, character graphics most notably, thanks to Saving Raven for their design.

This version will also feature a new item, Training With Nici, it's an item that gifts 1 Pokémon with experience points, be the first to see it in action, be the first to see something like this in the world of Pokémon.

This version also allows you to have more control over the newer features, by giving you the option to turn them on and off... By having these features on, you are entitled to more bonuses... But it's your choice nonetheless. (some features I haven't added to the controls in this version yet, since I need to know bugs, so I won't allow you to turn them off... Yet.)

Release
Will probably be Sunday morning before 11:59am (GMT) or Sunday night before 23:59pm... If not, Monday haha... But you can expect it in the coming days.

Future Releases
Within the next few releases, you will hopefully see all new player outfits that are purchasable in an all new Clothes Store... These outfits grant you access to areas you may not have been able to reach wearing other outfits and may even give you extra bonuses for your Pokémon.

Keep posting those bugs and comment! Comment! Comment!

The Original Post will get updated when the new version comes out.
wooooooow! I can't wait, I'm so excited - I probably wont be able to play it any time soon x.x but I'll try it out the first chance I get!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Sooo, I know it's a little later than I originally said, but at least it's here on Monday :D
Without further adieu, go here for the latest release, v1.2.

This release introduces a few things;
Some events work better or properly now.
Turn on and off, at will, the Manual PokéDex, with this you can check for Pokémon on the PokéDex that you haven't seen already, at will... At the point of you sending out your Pokémon, just hold the "UP" button, this will act as if you've used the PokéDex yourself, if you turn this feature off, you don't need to do anything.
Some grammar problems have been fixed.
Some new maps have been added, the new audio files give a slight insight to a couple.
New items have been added, I think this adds uniqueness.
Graphics have been changed or added.
Plus many other new features.
Jump on over to "pokemon-life-version.webs.com", and download v1.2.

Have fun and as usual, report any problems you encounter.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Just a little post to keep you updated on what I've been up to.
Player characters now have Bios, and each Bio shows a few player stats, and each stat effects game play, ooh, so exciting... Here's what it looks like (stripped down to the basic)
ms1l.png

Here is what it looks with no character assigned... I'll explain the numbers.
1. This black box is where the character graphic will sit.
2. These are all the stats that each player can have.
Combat: This raises the critical hit ratio.​
Stabality: This has no public use yet.​
Attitude: This has no public use yet.​
Medicine: This increases the amount of HP gained, using Potions only.​
Ambition: This has no public use yet.​
Heart: This increases the happiness and happiness gained, of a Pokémon caught or owned.​
3. This is the stat rating, out of 5.
The higher this rating, the more your character effects game play.​
4. This is where the character excels the most, if a star is lit, this means, the stat is maxed out.
Lit stars also mean most gains, less gains, increases or decreases, depending on the effect happening, I.E. Heart, the higher the rating, the more happiness a Pokémon gains, walking around... But, reduces less, up on fainting.​

Yes, you can raise these stats during game play, but remember, the decisions you make or don't make, Pokémon you use or don't use (you get the idea), effect stat gain and loss.

To view character Bios, go to the Pause menu, highlight Trainer Card, and press "UP"... This will also be where you can check on unlocked player characters... Unlocked player characters, will have Bios available.

Side note:
There has never been so much to do in a Pokémon game before, but this is me, making Pokémon how I think it should be... More to follow soon.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Hey, so I paused the game, and it was really cool, then I opened options, and backed out then checked my trainer card and backed out, then closed the pause menu and got this error:

---------------------------
Pokémon L.I.F.E
Script 'PokemonPauseMenu 04-10-13' line 374: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `color=' for nil:NilClass
OK

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I can't replicate this... And the error doesn't make sense to me either, there is no "color=" within 10 lines of one at least... So it confuzzles me... I suggest for the moment, unless you can provide a little more info, like a picture of the error, maybe you wrote the line number wrong... I see what you've done, but I can't replicate this... Does it work none the less?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
well the pause menu works and stuff, but when I closed it i got the error and it crashed after
- that was the whole error I got, I never saw it before its pretty freaky :P

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
V1.2.1 is now out, with a fix that stopped you saving and continuing, at the same time.

it may have been because I hadnt had the pause menu before or w/e, like my last game was the old version so iunno

Oh you didn't start a new game... Unless stated otherwise, starting a new game is a must, because the next few versions will have major updates, mainly.

Graphics, Menus, new scripts, things like that really, because those are the things I'm working on.
If I get these things out the way, I can work on the rest of the story from when V1 finished.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Thanks GalaxyCombat :) Your first post was on my thread, I'm honored :D
Well, the game won't be finished a while yet, but once some of the main features are added and bugs are ironed out of them, v1's game play has quite a large amount of game-play to play through... And v2 will have twice as much... But I must figure out the problems with some of my features before v2 is upon us ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Hey it's been awhile since I played, cause i was working on my own game, but when I tried to use your Halloween cookie code i got an error stating:

Pokémon L.I.F.E
Script 'PokemonPauseMenu 04-10-13' line 992: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `pbEndScene' for nil:NilClass
OK

And yes I did start a new game, it also crashed after I saved it after starting over again cause of the first error.

Edit: After overwriting the old save file and starting over the error disappears, it only occured during overwriting the old save file.
Idk if you removed it on purpose, or not, but there is no BGM at all during battles or during route travel.
Edit2: I went to pick the berries by the cave where the flowers are and got this error:
Pokémon L.I.F.E
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 3, map 8 (Lovelett Cove):

Exception: NameError

Message: (eval): 1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBItems::CHESTO

***Full script:

pbPickBerry(PBItems::CHESTO)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1600:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1600:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'