• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greatest Pokemon Professor

Greatest Pokemon Professor

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
We need to figure out who the greatest Pokemon Professor is in all of the Pokemon land.

Last edited:
Years
I'd love to go for Oak, but honestly I feel like Kukui has left more of an impression on me than pretty much any Pokemon professor in the past. Maybe it's just his energetic and upbeat attitude. Whereas Professors in past games were all kind of.... boring (at least, in comparison to Kukui), Kukui has this very adventurous attitude like nothing in the world can stop him from achieving his goal. I like that kind of fire in him, tbh.

Oak is definitely a second, though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm between Sycamore and Oak, to be honest. As much as I love Oak since he's the OG Pokemon professor, I think I'm going to have to side with Sycamore. Ahh.. it's a hard choice,

Can I put in a preemptive vote for Professor Magnolia? lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
Imagine all the work Oak has to do looking after all ashes pokemon. I'd give it to him on that merit alone

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i love kukui honestly. he's the most proactive and standout professor in the series, aside from oak. while i think oak is iconic and a close second, kukui just leaves so much more of an impression on me and genuinely seems like a cool person to talk to if he were real.

Years
Professor Kukui is best friends with a pro wrestler, which automatically makes him the best professor. Some people even believe that Kukui is actually the Masked Royal himself, but everyone knows that there's no way anyone would have time to be a Pokemon professor and a wrestler at the same time!

Cid

Years
I'd love to go for Oak, but honestly I feel like Kukui has left more of an impression on me than pretty much any Pokemon professor in the past. Maybe it's just his energetic and upbeat attitude. Whereas Professors in past games were all kind of.... boring (at least, in comparison to Kukui), Kukui has this very adventurous attitude like nothing in the world can stop him from achieving his goal. I like that kind of fire in him, tbh.

Oak is definitely a second, though.
Yes
i love kukui honestly. he's the most proactive and standout professor in the series, aside from oak. while i think oak is iconic and a close second, kukui just leaves so much more of an impression on me and genuinely seems like a cool person to talk to if he were real.
Yes
Professor Kukui is best friends with a pro wrestler, which automatically makes him the best professor. Some people even believe that Kukui is actually the Masked Royal himself, but everyone knows that there's no way anyone would have time to be a Pokemon professor and a wrestler at the same time!
And yes.

Kukui is best

PB

creation hero
Years
I'm like... torn between Kukui, Sycamore and Juniper. I loved Juniper's personality in the games, Sycamore is like my overall favorite but Kukui is totally refreshing from the average professor. He feels more involved, Masked Royal, and the anime counterpart is great. and does seem like a good person to know IRL

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
Years
My vote goes to my first mentor, Professor Birch. Professor Oak is super, and I get a kick out of Professor Kukui, but Professor Birch, clumsy as he may be at times, was the one I started my journey assisting. I've got a soft spot for the guy.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
wow no votes for professor Rowan

Anyway, Professor Juniper, since she was the first canon female professor, ever and I find that to be really a cool change men professors after 4 generations in a row.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I actually like Professor Rowan the best. Guess I just enjoy the stoic serious types. Oak is a very close second, though; best grandpa

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I like all the professors a lot but Kukui's personality was really impactful for me so he wins out for now. Though Prof Juniper is a close second.

Back