• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Beginning - Johto fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Username: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Effie the Aipom
Reason for joining: Johto introduced some cute Pokemon and I loved playing SoulSilver when I got it. I like Unova more now but Johto will still be remembered for its cute Pokemon. I picked Aipom for my partner cos I love monkeys.

Username: Olli97
Partner Pokemon: Link the Lugia
Reason for joining: Pokemon Silver was the first Pokémon game that was mine alone, which also gives me the most treasured memories. It introduced some of my all time favourite Pokémon, together with a bunch of features that I still love. The storyline may have been the one that I find the least in-depth of all, but at the time I didn't even understand English, so all I cared about was progression in the game, and of course being the best. It also had one of the most challenging gyms that I've ever been in, and you all know which gym that is of course, though I like a lot of the gym leaders in that generation too.

The most awesome about it though is, that it's the only generation to have two whole regions, which just made the game so much more awesome, and the final battle with Red was just the cherry on top.
Welcome and welcome! Haha, Blue certainly was difficult :P
They didn't do Danish GSC? :O

Okay well, we need a new topic here..

Favorite place in Johto?

For me, that's a hard one, but I think I know the answer..
Cianwood City. I love both rural towns and the ocean, which Cianwood fits the description of nicely. Other than that, Mahogany town is cool I guess, but I like Cianwood way more. :)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Favorite place in Johto?
I guess in Silver/Gold/Crystal I'd have to say I spent most of the time in Kanto..I can't really point the finger on it where my favorite place would had been. Sadly.

Then again, I'd be lying if I said overall I didn't have a favorite place huh? My favorite place would definitely be the Battle Frontier area. It's fun, it's never boring, and it's VERY challenging. It never gets old. I enjoyed it very much. It's a shame that I feel Battle Subway got a little bit dull in Unova, Battle Frontier was much more entertaining, in my opinion.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

They didn't do Danish GSC? :O

Nah, most games at the time were only imported and not translated, though to be honest, I like it much better that way. Sometimes the Danish language can be so ugly, so I prefer play games, reading books, etc in English.

Favorite place in Johto?
Hmm, tough question indeed. I loved almost every place in Johto, so choosing between them is just a bit hard.
I guess Whirl Isles could be one of the places I like the best, due to the memories of searching for Lugia there. I found that place to be a lot more exciting to go through than the tower Ho-oh was found it, but that may be a little biased due to Lugia being the mascot of Silver? Meh, personal preference. I just loved going through the caves, and then the satisfaction of finding Lugia after a while of searching (I recall it took forever due to how easily my young mind made me get lost, and due to it also being harder the first time. Not to mention that there were also multiple islands out there, so it wasn't just a matter of searching through one. @_@

Another place I liked was the cave where you met Bruno. I don't know why, but it was just a cave that I really liked, and I was just always looking for secrets in there after my encounter with Bruno. Bruno is also my favourite E4 member, so that may also bear part of the reason, though yeah.

Based on that, you can probably guess that the caves were some of my favourite places in Johto; perhaps because most of them contained a lot of surfing, resulting in less encounters with those freaking Zubats! xD
I really miss the days when G/S/C were popular though :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Whirl Isles
My memories a bit vague since I played these, but UGH, that Whirl Islands sure was a pain at first. Man, I just could not find the right direction to find Lugia! Let alone got annoyed by the wild! LOL

But after my 1st trip there I got comfortable with the islands, and they say first time is the most frustrating. xD

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I guess Whirl Isles
I'm with Sector on this one. I hated the damned place! Back then of course I didn't know to use repels, so I was constantly stuck with those freakin' Zubat and Tentacool. Although discovering Lugia at the bottom was very rewarding and fun, it was annoying just to get to it haha, and to this day, I still need to use a map to get through it. :cer_laugh:

Last edited:
Years
Favorite place in Johto?

For some reason, I've always liked Route 29, National Park, and Ecruteak City. I especially love the music in all three, but I also love the design concept of Ecruteak ( all of the purple roofs, Chinese- style towers, and autumn leaves make it look so beautiful!)
Btw, what did the name Ecruteak City come from? I know ecru means beige and teak is a sturdy and expensive type of wood, so does the name have a meaning?

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
What, to you, makes Generation II so appealing?
Generation II had some amazing Pokemon and some great new content was brought to the table. The idea of baby Pokemon was a wonderful addition! Plus the Johto Pokemon just seem to be very well thought out and interestingly designed, as opposed to other regions such as Unova.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
and to this day, I still need to use a map to get through it. :cer_laugh:
I'm with ya on that one. Except I can still remember it now. When I was playing SoulSilver, I had to go through that cave & hasn't in so long, that's when I brought up the map on one of the site and cheated my way through it. But after that, in a few weeks, I went through it and memorized the path I once took, to test my knowledge of the Whirl Islands. Piece of cake now. Heck, I could even remember which cave to enter right now! LOL

Let alone, to think Ho-Oh was hard to get to, which wasn't hard at all! I found the path to get to Ho-Oh was even more exciting. Jumping ramps would probably be more exciting real life than traveling through a cave and going underneath the planet Earth for me. That's me alright. LOL

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Sorry this club went a bit inactive!
==
Let alone, to think Ho-Oh was hard to get to, which wasn't hard at all! I found the path to get to Ho-Oh was even more exciting. Jumping ramps would probably be more exciting real life than traveling through a cave and going underneath the planet Earth for me. That's me alright. LOL
LOL really? I'd much prefer the caves, haha.

Okay new topic:

Favorite gym in Generation II?

For myself, I think the answer would be hmm.. Clair. I love Dragon types (second favorite type after fire), and I think going to the Dragon's Den to get your badge kinda adds to the gym experience if you know what I mean. Everyone, let us know!
[/COLOR]

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Clair was the badass Dragon trainer, trained by the man himself, LANCE! I agree with ShinySearcher on this one.

However I'm throwing Whitney in there. Typical girl who whines about every little thing/losses. I wouldn't mind cheering her up myself :D

haha Anyway, Those two has my vote. Although Jasmine was cool, not even close to the first two xD

I can't point my finger as to who my favorite Male type would be...I'd have to go with Pryce, just because of his cruelness. Otherwise I'd have to search at Kanto's gym leaders but I don't think that's part of the question xD

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Clair. Dragon type Pokemon is one of my fave type and she got one hell of a new look. I also like the Rising Badge. :P

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Oh, as much as I like Pryce as a gym leader, and praise his very existence, I can't say much for his gym. The sliding on ice in Pokémon games has always been my least favourite kind of puzzle, which is why I hated the road to Blackthorn, though pain to gain, the Blackthorn city gym was the most fun and challenging puzzle wise, so that kinda made up for what I had to go through in the Ice cave. Clair wasn't exactly easy either, though I can still think of one gym leader that was a rightout pain in the behind.

Whitney and her goddamn Miltank made me lose so many money, both whenever I had to buy potions and what else I needed for the gym, and whenever I lost. Man, the frustrating moments I've had with her. Though that was exactly what made her gym such a fun experience. It holds great memories that I'm very fond of, and the victorious feeling I had whenever I beat her with just a few hitpoints left.

Though I guess I'd have to go with the Blackthorn gym, due to a nice and challenging puzzle, and a hard-to-some-degree gym leader.

Last edited:

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
Years
Username: Chikouu
Partner Pokemon: Gouka the Houndour
Reason for joining: Pokémon Silver was my first Pokémon gave ever, so the second generation have always had a special place in my heart. And I just love Johto's Pokémon.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club,ChiKouu!!
what made you choose Houndour for a partner?
feel free to answer some ongoing questions!!

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
Years
I have always liked Houndour and Houndoom as they are a mix of two of my favorite types. And they are both just adorable :)

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Username: Chikouu
Partner Pokemon: Gouka the Houndour
Reason for joining: Pokémon Silver was my first Pokémon gave ever, so the second generation have always had a special place in my heart. And I just love Johto's Pokémon.

I have always liked Houndour and Houndoom as they are a mix of two of my favorite types. And they are both just adorable :)
Welcome! Johto does have awesome Pokemon :cer_smile: Although I love Hondour and Houndoom, (they are also a mix of my favorite types) I can't exactly agree with you on it's cuteness XD
Oh, as much as I like Pryce as a gym leader, and praise his very existence, I can't say much for his gym. The sliding on ice in Pokémon games has always been my least favourite kind of puzzle, which is why I hated the road to Blackthorn, though pain to gain, the Blackthorn city gym was the most fun and challenging puzzle wise, so that kinda made up for what I had to go through in the Ice cave. Clair wasn't exactly easy either, though I can still think of one gym leader that was a rightout pain in the behind.

Whitney and her goddamn Miltank made me lose so many money, both whenever I had to buy potions and what else I needed for the gym, and whenever I lost. Man, the frustrating moments I've had with her. Though that was exactly what made her gym such a fun experience. It holds great memories that I'm very fond of, and the victorious feeling I had whenever I beat her with just a few hitpoints left.

Though I guess I'd have to go with the Blackthorn gym, due to a nice and challenging puzzle, and a hard-to-some-degree gym leader.
Oh, you've reminded me, how I hated those ice puzzles! I dreaded every Ice-type gym knowing one of those would be around, haha. Although I've heard many complaints about Whitney, I've never had trouble beating her, oddly enough. :cer_tongue:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
that means u like Dark and Fire types. fire is one of my fave type
pics of Houndour :
Spoiler:

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
Years
Welcome! Johto does have awesome Pokemon :cer_smile: Although I love Hondour and Houndoom, (they are also a mix of my favorite types) I can't exactly agree with you on it's cuteness XD
Thank you. It does not suprise me that you don't, as I have a weird sense of cuteness (for example, I think a T-rex is cute)

that means u like Dark and Fire types. fire is one of my fave type
pics of Houndour :
Spoiler:
Yup, Dark, Fire, Ice and Ghost are my favorites.
Yay, pics :D That one before the last one looks to be shiny :D

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Sorry I haven't been here for a while.. Again.. I've been busy lately :(

New topic:
The Pokeathlon. What did you think of it?
As for me: I hated it! To me it was so boring, haha. I never liked the Contests or the Musicals, so I guess it makes sense I don't like this either xD

Everyone, let us know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back