• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creative Media Showcase - Display Your Digital Work

Years
I'm a DJ/Rapper from Arkansas and I record music for fun. I perform at bars, events, festivals, and even performed in Korea. So my friends and I recorded our freeverse to this song (with my own edit to make it longer)
My summer EP to be released with tracks from Elyonbeats, Haru, Senpai, and others will all be about being yourself. Heavily inspired by Childish Gambino and The Wonder Years. This is about keeping your head up and just because you're down, doesn't mean you have to stay there.
Be yourself.

The Single:
https://soundcloud.com/djknitex/6-i...ae-prod-by-kenchiro-nishihara-dj-knite-x-edit

Everyone's favorite remix
https://soundcloud.com/djknitex/dj-knite-x-ft-the-msg-kid-shoko-dango-hip-hop-cover

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Gotta say man, you're REALLY damn good. Deserve way more attention than you're getting at the moment. Keep up the good work.

supershadow64ds

Confused Noob Programmer
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Hello everybody, eh, my name's Shadow, and forgive me if I mess up, but this is my first time really attempting to show anyone my videos. See for a while now, I've been applying a Fire Red soundfont to many music tracks to see how they'd sound, and I've been uploading them to YouTube for others to enjoy.

Recently, however, I've been getting into demixing songs, namely Pokemon ones, to use the instruments from Pokemon R/B/G/Y, and I've uploaded them to a playlist and I wanted some feedback on my demixes so far.

What d'you guys think?

Years
I was inspired by the guitar thread icon, and decided to post a new Soundcloud snip 8D

https://soundcloud.com/olli97-1/killer

A cover of the song Killer by Mads Langer that I recorded a little while back.

Jeez, I really like this, it's all gelling real nicely together. I have no idea who Mads Langer is nor am I familiar with the song but well done, I like it a lot!

Here's one I made. It's in my signature too, so I guess I'll be turning my sig off for this post. I've made music for a good while now, and I discovered some time back that it'd be fun to make music inspired by the Pokemon games, but that could also pass as its own.. thing. So I started with a song called 'Red', now here's 'Blue'. It's very much based on Lavender Town, musically and lyrically, but also relateable to loss in general.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
I'm a DJ/Rapper from Arkansas and I record music for fun. I perform at bars, events, festivals, and even performed in Korea. So my friends and I recorded our freeverse to this song (with my own edit to make it longer)
My summer EP to be released with tracks from Elyonbeats, Haru, Senpai, and others will all be about being yourself. Heavily inspired by Childish Gambino and The Wonder Years. This is about keeping your head up and just because you're down, doesn't mean you have to stay there.
Be yourself.

The Single:
https://soundcloud.com/djknitex/6-i...ae-prod-by-kenchiro-nishihara-dj-knite-x-edit

Everyone's favorite remix
https://soundcloud.com/djknitex/dj-knite-x-ft-the-msg-kid-shoko-dango-hip-hop-cover

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Bro, loving the perspective :)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

Updated to the lyric video version.

This is a song I wrote called Scar. I wrote it about trying to erase something negative in your life, but it's also written about a certain movie series that I really enjoy. See if you guys can figure it out based on the lyrics:

Verse 1:
I've been fighting ever since I was born
As a child never knowing what for
Now I truly understand the power I have
Now there's no escape you can't win this war

Chorus:
You are the spark that lit the fire
You try to twist my deepest desire
You fight this battle all in vain
Now it's time to put you to shame

Verse 2:
My friends stand beside me here in the light
Since day one they've backed me up in this fight
No matter where I go, I always know
They will always stand for doing what's right
(whispered) Always…

Chorus:

Bridge:
You left this scar deep in my heart
I cannot lose when I've come so far
You see, this scar made me a star
And now I finish everything you start

Verse 3:
I will destroy every piece of your soul
As you fall down I am being made whole
Your defeat will be the story that's told

Chorus (Twice):

Ending:

(note this will be replaced with an actual lyric video, probably tomorrow)

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023

It's harry potter, innit?
I like the guitar, although it get's a bit repetitive. For the vocals, I would remove the high pitch at the start of every sentence in the chorus. You hear your voice getting thinner, and it distracts a bit, your vocals are better when you stay in your own register. I would really advise singing lessons, as you clearly have potential, but it doesn't come out that well right now. Especially because you wrote a vocal line that isn't easy.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
It's harry potter, innit?
I like the guitar, although it get's a bit repetitive. For the vocals, I would remove the high pitch at the start of every sentence in the chorus. You hear your voice getting thinner, and it distracts a bit, your vocals are better when you stay in your own register. I would really advise singing lessons, as you clearly have potential, but it doesn't come out that well right now. Especially because you wrote a vocal line that isn't easy.

Thanks for the critique! I will say that my mic setup is kind of spotty right now and that could be it, but I definitely think voice lessons would be good for me. The thing is, I prefer not to sing because I don't think I have enough on the higher end to sing as powerfully as I'd like.

All of that said, what did you think of the song itself? I take a little more pride in my songwriting than my performance. Also keep in mind I would like to get a full band behind this one at some point as well.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Thanks for the critique! I will say that my mic setup is kind of spotty right now and that could be it, but I definitely think voice lessons would be good for me. The thing is, I prefer not to sing because I don't think I have enough on the higher end to sing as powerfully as I'd like.

All of that said, what did you think of the song itself? I take a little more pride in my songwriting than my performance. Also keep in mind I would like to get a full band behind this one at some point as well.

Well, voice lessons help expanding your reach too. Once you get good enough control, you can reach notes you couldn't reach before.

With the song, I'd say the verses are good, the lyrics are a little simple. And with that I don't mean they're bad, because they're not. They're really decent, they get the point across, but they are a bit plain. There's no real poetry behind them. I guess I have to explain that too, because I may not make myself that clear, haha. Even though the lyrics have some metaphors, they are a bit cliche and basic. They work well for what you're trying to tell in the song, but they are bit simple. I know this, because it's a critique I myself got a lot too, haha. When it comes to the guitar, it gets a bit repetive I find. It is mainly because of personal liking, as I like song with a lot of changes in tempo and power. The chords don't differentiate between chorus and verse that much. I find that this is easily helped by adding riffs or backing instruments, but as this is more of a singer-songwriter approach I'd say use some difference in volume or tempo, as at the moment the song just goes on, and there is no tension. It lacks build-up, which isn't a must of course, but when a song is almost 5 minutes, it does need it. This can easily be done by adding some power to your vocals in the chorus. I'd also just remove the ending. It doesn't really add to the song that much, and the lyrics lay on your inspirations a bit thick. If you keep in mind the message of the song in mind " trying to erase something negative in your life", then the lyric "I will destroy every piece of your soul" is a bit extreme. Most of the lyrics fit both the hp theme, and the getting over something theme, but that lyric doesn't. It suggest a lot of aggressive manners against the wrong do-ers, which is a bit extreme, haha. Most of this is really from personal liking, so if you think something I said isn't true, then it isn't, haha. I hope this helps!

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I don't know if this is where this goes.
But I made a Piano Cover of Alestorm - 1741 (The Battle of Cartagena).
Be warned, this is my first ever cover, but I'm an experienced musician, so it probably has it's good and it's bad. I even played the guitar solo at 4:05 (somewhere around there).

Spoiler:

AdAstraGL

Music Composer | Rom Hacker
Years
Hi guys!

I'm an italian composer.

I like creating music, and arranging already-existing tracks... Principally, I love Pokémon OSTs and Video Game Musics! ^_^ they're amazing! {<3}

I'd like to improve my abilities and to expand my musical competences. This is why I'm writing this post here.
If you want to check my works out, there's a link to my YouTube channel in my signature...

Let me know what you think about the whole channel and my videos in particular!

Cya! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 28, 2015
Hey guys check out Pokemon Fire Red Nuzlocke Randomizer playthrough on youtube, the footage is a bit choppy due to technical difficulties for parts 1-3 but the audio is fine, any feedback would be aprieciated!

/watch?v=-0qXmQFR5Es

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Hey guys, this was accidentally closed some time ago so I'm opening it back up and bumping it for anyone that's interested in posting up their film/musical creations here. :)

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
Heyo, Sushi here. I make musics! Pokemon remixes and original work, really, and I now have almost 4k subs on YooToobs. I also compose for some fanmade Pokemon games.

I'm going to embed some youtube vides here in the spoilers. Feel free to have a look and enjoy! Here's a bit of everything, but there's definitely more.

1. Undertale - Megalovania Elevator Jazz Remix

2. Forward Assault!

3. Unbound Depths

4. Undertale, Snowdin Town Dance Remix

5. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon fanmade town

Spoiler:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
https://soundcloud.com/bullzai/i-got-a-little-piece-of-you-that-im-putting-in-a-basket-that-i-buried-in-my-yard-six-feet-deep

I did a song with my band. We won a competition with it and I'm really proud of it. I'm doing vocals. Also, lyrics are mainly nonsense, I'll include them, but really, they're not deep or poetic in anyway, haha.

Spoiler:

Back