Thread: Fourth Gen: What changes would you make?
View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2017 (9:10 AM).
  • Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducolamia View Post
D/P/PT:
Fix the slowness: I'm not asking for something super fast, and Platinum improved on this a lot, but it still helps out a little bit if this could be improved in a remake or something.
Agree on this so much - HeartGold / SoulSilver brought it up to the right levels.

Quote:
Better Pokedex: Fixed in Platinum, but could use some more fire, ghost, and VIABLE grass types other than Roserade. Maybe give Mothim or Wormadam a buff like Su/Mn?
In Platinum we had Leafeon and Tangrowth as well?

Quote:
Get rid of Whirlpool: No one I know likes it, it sucks in terms of power, just use Waterfall instead.
The only thing worse than Whirlpool is Defog. At least the former is kinda a fun move and I do like the appearance of the Whirlpools in-game. But yeah somehow its worse than when they had 3 water HMs in Hoenn - I think because in those games you could just delete Dive after reaching Sootopolis City.

Quote:
Nerf Miltank/Poliwrath: I know this weird, but these Pokemon should have some nerf. They are way too strong for their respective portions of the game and I feel, even with my Machop and Mareep, they should have been a tiny bit nerfed.
Nooooo! Miltank is irritating as hell but I wouldn't have it any other way - she'd be so easy to beat otherwise. Also Poliwrath, really? There's so many options for pokémon that can hit it super-effectively by then. Maybe I'm biased because its one of my favourites, I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colours View Post
Just thought of something!

I'm not a huge fan of Gen IV's contests. I'd really just bring back Gen III's contests with the new (at the time) moves and leave it as is.

Yes, I have a heavy bias towards Gen III-style contests and that time was the last time I really participated in contests. :c They were fun!
Oh yeah, Gen IV contests were terrible - they basically added frustration to the original format for no apparent reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyneth View Post
In HG/SS...make the GB Sounds available immediately. These games are nostalgic as hell, but waiting until the very end of the game to listen to the original music? Obscene. I used my Action Replay to unlock this immediately, but one thing I would have changed would have been to have it included on the Pokegear, maybe as a radio station, rather than as a separate item.
I think the idea is to make you explore everywhere again, especially when some new players might not know about the gym leaders appearing for rematches / trades. I actually liked it being so late, gave me a reason to raise my Kanto / Hoenn starters on wild battles rather than exp. share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria Animi View Post
I think they should have add more other regional starters as a gift pokemon.Morever they should also had changed elite four's team. (the 2nd time battle)
I'm not sure what you mean here? In HeartGold / SoulSilver you can get Gen I,II and III starters and you can get Sinnoh starters in Sinnoh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
DPP had too many event pokemon, I'd make them ingame pokemon.
There's like 2 threads on this already because its so true. I especially don't understand why Darkrai isn't available in-game considering its a counterpart to Cresselia. Shaymin makes more sense as Mew-esque pokémon (The 100x6 base stats cute legends) are never available in-game.