• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Digimon Genesis (OOC)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
9f4115efc28289cee21ceaf4d32c3a7b.png

A Digimon Tamers RP powered by TheFoxx!

tumblr_pdybykanPO1rhonhko2_250.gif
tumblr_pdybykanPO1rhonhko4_r1_250.gif
tumblr_pdybykanPO1rhonhko6_r1_250.gif

Plot

You can't quite remember the details of when you first met your Digimon but they have always been there. From when you first started school to when you learned how to drive to when you moved in to your first apartment. You don't understand why they are there, but they are your partner for better or worse. Always providing sound (or not so sound) advice and serving as a friendly reminder that you are not alone in this world. As far as you know, your Digimon is the only one in the world. If anyone were to find out you have a talking creature living with you, the world would freak out, so you try your best to keep things hidden for as long as you can.

The only problem now is that more of these creatures are popping up along the way and your Digimon partner is growing a bit antsy and itching for a battle. Something is just not sitting well with them, especially with Digimon sprouting more frequently in the streets of the city. They have a nasty habit of running off into danger, trying their best to protect you and the world that they call home, but can only do so much without your help. It is clear that something weird is going on in the city... what's even more weird is the reality that you and your Digimon partner aren't the only ones seemingly called into action. As you balance your life as a young adult and a "Tamer" for your Digimon, how will you mesh with others who are just like you and keep your sanity?​

Rules

• This RP is not a "first come, first serve" RP. You have to apply using the Character Sheet and then be accepted by me in order to participate in the RP.
  • Absolutely no god-modding unless otherwise given permission by a GM.
  • As stated in the Interest Check, this is a Mature RP. Expect cursing, violence, romance, etc. to occur among the characters within the RP (within the PC rules obviously).
  • For now, I'm only looking for 2 to 3 roleplayers that are capable of handling an advanced RP. I could potentially add an additional fifth member of the group, but that is not likely.
  • Communication and activity are requirements for me. I will create a Discord for this RP in due time, but if you are not responsive to my liking, I will have to let you go from the RP.
  • If you are wanting to play more than one character, I would be happy to have that discussion with you. We may have up to 4 roleplayers, but that doesn't mean you are limited to just one character. I'm just wanting a smaller group of people to deal with than, say, eight people total.
  • Have fun! I'm hoping to make this one a good one and look forward to seeing what you guys have to offer!

Character Sheet

Below you will find my simplistic character sheet. Format it however you would like (I'm not professional with CSS stuff, lol) but be sure to include all necessary informatio. If you have any questions about it, just post a message here or shoot me a PM.

Name: (First and Last Name Feel free to include middle name if you'd like).

Gender: (How does your character identify in terms of gender?).

Birth Date/Age: (Must be between 20-24. They're young adults after all).

Digimon: (What I would like here is just a list of Digimon you would like to potentially be your character's partner in its Rookie form. I'll approve of the one that makes the most sense via PM to you. List 3 at the most, please).

Appearance: (If you'd like to provide a picture at the top of your character sheet, feel free. A description of your character in addition to a picture works as well. Preferably a real-life face claim. Discuss how they look, any specific physical appearance notes, and their personal style for good measure).

Personality: (Give me a feel for who your character is. What are some specific quirks? What are they good at? How are they in public settings? How do they feel about having a Digimon? So on and so forth).

Background: (Describe your characters background and how they got to where they are now. Maybe they're employed, in school, whatever. Just so long as you can thoroughly tell the story of how they got to where they were. In reference to a Digimon, please refer to it as "Digimon" until I pick your partner Digimon from the list you provided above).
tumblr_pdybykanPO1rhonhko1_250.gif
tumblr_pdybykanPO1rhonhko3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_pdybykanPO1rhonhko5_r1_250.gif

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
portrait-early-20s-young-man-450w-1032065845.jpg

Name: Eric Winston Cohen

Birth Date/Age: June 24, 1994 (24 years old)

Digimon: Kotemon

Appearance: Eric weighs about one hundred and fifty-six pounds and is 5 feet five inches tall. A fair-skinned brunette with blue eyes, and a nice face and an averagely-built body. He wears a blue shirt with khaki shorts, white socks and black sneakers. His hair is medium length and seems thicker than it actually is. He has mild "five-o-clock" shadow that never grows long enough for him to grow any sort of beard or mustache. He has no tattoos, but has a small scar from having his appendix removed when he was nine years old.

Personality: Eric is what many would describe as a "tough nerd", because he's very wise beyond his years with a lot of knowledge covering a variety of subjects with a somewhat unpredictable temper. He tends to get triggered by certain things, much like other millennials. He gives a fair warning if he's about to get angry. However, he is usually a friendly guy. Just don't intentionally set him off, as he can hold grudges for a long time. He is sometimes a bit lazy, and socially, he's a tad awkward. He has Asperger's Syndrome, which is a valid excuse for such things. He is slightly better at reading the emotions of others than most people on the spectrum. He also has a pretty good sense of humor, or so he claims. Eric also distrusts any Tamer who doesn't properly care for their Digimon like he does. He also despises people who bully others, along with anybody who abuses animals.

Background: Eric was born the same day Disney first released "The Lion King" in theaters. He was put up for adoption because his mother was an unwed teen. He was later taken in by a Rabbi named Jason Cohen, and his wife Miriam. They never had kids of their own, but still gave Eric the nurturing environment he needed.

Being raised on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts, Eric got a great education throughout his youth. He made many friends, as well as many enemies. Eric had his Bar Mitzvah at the age of thirteen, which is around the time that he found out he was adopted after unintentionally eavesdropping on his parents.

Eric took the news rather well, since he always kind of knew early on, but wasn't entirely sure since he only had a slight resemblance to any of his adoptive family. Eric was diagnosed with a mild form of autism shortly after he graduated high school, and got a job working at a local pizza place by the name of Giovanni's, one he absolutely loved all of his life because the food was really great quality while waiting for a college to accept him. In fact, this is where he met his Digimon partner many years prior, and they became fast friends, but since nobody else he knew even knew Digimon existed, he had to keep his partner a secret for years. The exact date they met was February 6, 2005, when Eric was ten years old. Eric remembers that fateful day because it changed him forever. The only person he trusted with knowing about his "friend from another world" was his now deceased m grandmother, whom everybody else thought was sweet but crazy. She left this world on December 21, 2012, at the age of 95.

Eric got impatient with waiting for the letter and stayed at Giovanni's for a few years. *insert partner Digimon here* liked eating the leftover food from the dumpsters and did so in secrecy for many months before being discovered by Eric while he was taking out the trash. Eric and this *insert Digimon here* get along well, and oftentimes sneaks leftovers to a small alleyway to feed it.

He keeps trying to keep his Digimon secret from his family, but Eric thinks they may already know bits and pieces about it, but probably shrug off these "Digimon" stories as a hoax or whatnot.

*I will edit this later if need be*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Completed!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
A work in progress. I shall be done with it by the end of tomorrow ~ (:

College-students-on-campus.jpg

Ofelia Ara Rios

Female • Age 22 (January 16, 1996) • Lunamon

"Oh hey!"

Appearance:

The young adult you see above is a petite 125 lb woman who clocks in at 5 feet 3 inches. However, she is neither well endowed nor owns a warm voice. From her mouth a fun, high pitched voice emanates. Ofelia's skin, always fawn, is on the lighter scale of skin tones for a young female of Hispanic heritage. As a result she is not immune to the pink blushes that plague her when in a strong emotion; unfortunately this also applies to her when too cold or hot.

She dons deep brown hair normally tied up; bun and braids are her norm. With the right lighting a caramel coloring reveals itself, whether as a halo or simply little strands of hair. The thick and frizzy hair just about reaches her waist. Similar to it is the color of her eyes; a warm, chocolate brown. They aren't afraid to unravel her emotions.

Typical attire consists of a rather vibrant and feminine fashion. This includes, but is not limited to, summer dresses, blouse paired with skirts, and skinny jeans with matching shoulderless-shirts. Despite the effort she goes through for matching outfits she refuses to use make up or heels. The former is due to her underwhelming confidence whilst the latter is out of fear of being ridiculed.

Accessories aren't plentiful with Ofelia with the exception of earrings and hair pieces. No bracelets, watches, necklaces, etc. There is a plethora of earrings ranging from small cupcakes to silver hoops. This is no different with hair accessories. Her collection ranges from clip ons, particularly ribbons, to a diverse selection of headbands.

Personality:

A gullible thing that indulges in sweets. Despite being clumsy, easily amused, and rather emotional, she does carry strengths. Ofelia strives to give it her all in every task, no matter how mundane or trivial. After all, slow and steady wins the race. In addition to this she has shown to be both a fast learner and capable of amazing feats of memorization. But that's as far as she goes, being more booksmart than hands-on.

But like any human the woman does hold bad traits. Cowardice, low self-esteem, naive, and submissiveness. She avoids conflict when possible. And together they reveal a side of Ofelia she desperately attempts to mask with her more desirable traits. In no way does this mean she is timid.

When it comes to interactions the young adult can be quite talkative and expressive when given the opportunity. An open book who, unfortunately, isnt adept at reading between the lines. Therefore many things fly by her without her knowledge, thus one needs to be literal and shouldn't expect her to be anything but either. Furthermore she tends to grow attached rather easily, finding comfort when with company than on her lonesome.

She's all smiles and optimism, always doing her best to see the best out of a situation. This has become her way of coping with the world as well as a recurring mask. For others to see her in such a mood is all she desires over their memories of her being negative. In addition to her patience, Ofelia is capable of handling stress and recurring mishaps in life. That isn't to say she keeps it all bottled in. Her digimon is there to lend an ear.

She is quite the child at heart. One can infer this side of her either by her bed swamped in teddy bears or collection of children's cartoons, for example.

Having grown with her digimon partner for a large, if not perhaps almost all, of her lifetime, Ofelia has grown very close to them. Like the other half of the orange, Ofelia sees in them another sibling she seeks companionship from. They're inseparable; always there one way or another. And as a result has never questioned their existence other than believing she got... lucky. Very lucky to have been chosen to meet such a creature. Keeping them a secret has been no issue, albeit mishaps tend to occur from time to time.

Background:

Mario Rios and Anna Veracruz gave birth to Ofelia Ara Rios January 16 of 1996. She was the eldest of three children. Although not spoiled she was definitely showered with praise from a young age due to her advanced academic skills. As a result she became her father's favorite without the man realizing, constantly aiding in her intellectual improvement. Whereas Ofelia kept a perfect record throughout her school years, the remaining two siblings were cloaked in her ever-growing shadow. But unlike some that developed ill feelings, these children gained a feeling of wanting to be accepted and loved by their eldest sibling. They were just as satisfied being engulfed by their eldest's praise than their parents. This resulted in their close attachment to Ofelia, considering her their role model.

Despite this Ofelia was not immune to imperfections. Overtime her parents had realized they may have forgotten to teach her anything but academic excellence. Chores were abandoned, leisure was being spent on games and sleeping, and the child was becoming distant to her own parents. This behavior was at its peak in late middle school and early high school, where she experienced a rebellious stage. Sneaking out of the house was common, exploring romantic desires, acquiring the wrong influences, as well as becoming far too concerned in her image that she had become anorexic. Even though both the experiences from these turbulent times as well as her parents' lectures eventually pulled her back to becoming a better person, albeit not without consequences. She had cut all ties with prior friends, developed anemia, and had tainted her innocent reputation.

Luckily she continued to pursue education past high school, hence the scholarships she had accumulated over the course of her academic history. This was a blessing, for her parents did not need to spend a penny on her college tuition. In fact, she was receiving leftover money in the form of hefty check every semester. This was stored away in a savings account, one that her own father had been depositing cash for her for food, gas, and other needs.

Her first year out of high school was spent in a local community college. As expected she did excellent and then transferred over to a state university several hours away. This forced her to relocate and separate from her family, acquiring a small dorm for one. The reasoning for such an expensive choice of a single person in a room is due to her digimon.

Life in the university was bittersweet. While she enjoyed the sudden freedom, Ofelia was homesick. No matter however, for the young adult partook in visiting her family every other weekend and every other chance she received. Yes, it was quite the drive and gas is not cheap, but once there she enjoyed every minute of it. As if it recharged her to prepare to returning back.

Now at the age of 22, Ofelia is in her last year of uni. Having chosen both a difficult major and minor degree, her education has been slightly extended one year. And as such she didn't hesitate to look for a flexible job. After all, medical school is quite expensive and her scholarships do not cover it.

Currently Ofelia is in her second to last semester in uni. The job she acquired was that of a babysitter to a local single mother of one infant. It pays well, $15 an hour from 3 to 9 PM during the week. But has left her limited in her free time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Dakota's Bio is complete! Any questions you guys have just send them my way!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
To those who are making characters, I'm leaving the applications open until November 14th. My hope is to have time to read through all of them and have the game ready to go by next weekend. If you need an extension at any time, just let me know!

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Just wondering, how are you gonna handle the evolutions of the Digimon? Can we choose their evolutionary line or do you choose them just like our Digimon?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Just wondering, how are you gonna handle the evolutions of the Digimon? Can we choose their evolutionary line or do you choose them just like our Digimon?

That's part of the reason why I PM the user to confirm the Digimon and the digivolution. Makes it easier for me instead of having a potential public dispute. :smile:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
That should be it. Let me know if you have any questions.

flat-medium-beards-with-Pompadour-hair-and-glasses.jpg

Name: Chadwick Donovan Snow

Birth Date/Age: Febraury 18, 1995 / 23 years

Digimon: Labramon

Appearance: Chadwick stands at a solid 6' 2" and weighs 190 pounds. His arms are covered in small scars from times where he's tried to take his own life without success, while his legs and chest are covered in generic tribal tattoos. Despite his average weight, he's actually quite toned beneath the clothes that he wears - possible due to his love for exploring the outdoors, an activity which usually includes him climbing freely upon rocks and trees. It's during these explorations that he feels the most like himself, almost as if a heavy weight is being lifted from him even though he's exerting himself more than normal.

His wardrobe typically includes black, leather, or both. His jeans are usually riddled with holes which are both cosmetic and accidental. He gets around town by riding on his Harley, which means that more often than not he's running around with a black helmet which is styled after the Predator, which encompasses his entire head. Whether he's wearing t-shirts, tank tops, a dress suit or even nothing at all, he always rides around town with some kind of gear to offset any damage he'd take by falling off his cycle. This outfit typically consists of a long sleeved thermal shirt along with a thicker leather jacket over the top of it. For his lower half, he typically wears a slightly over-sized pair of jeans which have a pair of sweatpants sewn into the interior. His hands are covered in heated gloves and his elbows and knees are protected by some simple skating pads.

Personality: Chadwick is? socially awkward, to put it simply. Having a talking dog to take care of has put a strain on his social life for as long as he could remember. It's not exactly easy to make friends when everyone thinks you're crazy because you still have an imaginary friend despite the fact that you're an adult. He tried to ignore it for several years, but every time he'd go out and try to make friends he'd always come home to that talking dog being even more vocal about its opinions than ever before. Since his high school days, he's put everything else behind him and tried to cut himself off from the rest of the world both emotionally and mentally. Despite going to school in a new state, he hardly even put in an effort to simply make small talk with those around him.

While mostly having given up on caring about what people think of him, and being a defeatist at heart, every so often his canine companion manages to bring him around to a new way of thinking. The small interactions he has on a daily basis with his digimon, while irritating that it's because of that very digimon that hes had to cut himself off from the world, are just enough to lift the burden of loneliness that he struggles with on a daily basis. Despite all this, he harbors no hate for the world or for his digimon because of his situation, but at the same time, he doesn't seem concerned with the increasing amount of darkness spreading across the world either.

Background: Chadwick was born and raised in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. He was stuck in the less than stellar public school system up until fifth grade due to being in the care of the state. He was never quite sure about what had happened to his birth parents, and he was never told by his appointed caregivers. The family who finally adopted him turned out to be financially well off enough to transfer Chadwick to a private institution just outside the city limits. While this freed Chadwick from being stuck in classes with well over fifty students each, it ensured that despite finally having a family of his own he would never actually end up seeing them for more than a few days each year. As a result, he was never able to form any kind of meaningful relationship with them.

Because of the physical shape and size of his digimon partner, Labramon, he was able to leave it in his dorm and even walk it around town without any strange glances or feelings of fear for being found out - so long as the creature kept its mouth shut. This fact didn't change at all throughout his life, but got him many a strange look when mentioning to those he thought could become close friends that his pet dog could actually speak and hold intelligent conversations, not just bark and chase its own tail. It was because of these many encounters with his peers that he eventually decided to close himself off from everyone else and move to a new state once he entered college.

Finally, in a new city and new school he felt as if he could reinvent himself. He'd decided to stop mentioning his digimon and to stop paying it as much attention. He changed his wardrobe and bought a motorcycle, hoping to make himself appear ?cool? and desirable. But despite all his best efforts, he'd been awkward for so long that actually talking normally to people was uncomfortable to the point that he just chose not to do it anymore. He continued through his schooling, taking up a major in architecture with a minor in general religious studies as he hoped to one day find what he felt like the one true God was and create something ?divine? to pay tribute to it with. To get a head start on this dream, he took up a part time job with a construction company, working pro bono just to get some experience with a professional. It was thanks to his adoptive family and their continuous and even excessive financial support through the years that he was able to take on the pro bono position, but due to their limited contact with each other, it always felt awkward to actually go and thank them.

Now, finally in his last year of college, he's happy to be able to finish up his schooling and go out into the world and fend for himself. The possibility of starting up a business of his own is now entirely within his grasp due to his adoptive family's income, and his apprenticeship is nearing its end as well, meaning that he'll have an abundance of free time to finally do what he wants. Or... he can hope at least, right?

Last edited:
Back