• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Snivy sighed and said, "Fine, if you really want to. It doesn't matter to me one way or another."
Bri looked at her. She was acting like she didn't care, but Brian knew better than that. She must have been excited if she agreed to this! Duster looked pleased with herself for some reason. Brian looked at Mark.
"Yeah, I guess you're right. But still, I'm looking forward to it! I've wanted to go swimming in the ocean for a long time! How about you two, Snivy and Duster!?" Brian said.
"How about no," Snivy said.
"Sounds fun! I love to swim! I sometimes wish I was a water type so I'd be better at it!" Duster said. Brian smiled at them. He knew Snivy would most likely stay on the beach and sun herself. Well, if that was her idea of fun, then so be it!

Pokemon:
Snivy: level 9
Duster (minccino): level 10
egg (unknown): ---

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype didn't actually think Snivy would say yes, but he had a partner at least. Seeing her attitude, He wasn't sure how well should would cooperate in battle. Only time would tell. ["Alright, Sounds good! Guess that'll make us partners for today huh?"] Snype said as he got up onto his feet and held out his hand, wanting to shake hands with Snivy.

"Heh, I personally can't wait to head off to the beach either. Should be alot of fun what with the big crowd. Something tells me our little group won't be the only ones going there." Mark said to bri. "I never really got much time to really swim myself. I've been taught how to do basic swimming but I'm no professional. Guess that's what to expect when you live in Celedon City all your life."

((I'm not gonna bring the teacher in yet. I want to give Makbets (Ace) time to arrive to the class as well.))

Nideous

Years
(OOC: That's fine with me)

Snivy ignored the outstretched hand. She said, "I guess it will. Not like it matters that much."
"Be nice, Snivy. Ha, we should get some stuff from the cafeteria! That would be awesome! And a radio, so we can have some music. And don't feel bad, I never lived close to the beach either. My big brother Dean took me to visit him in Slateport for a week, and I swam all I could while I was there! And if anyone else is on the beach, they'll either make room for us, or leave!" Brian said. He was ready for class to begin. He hoped Snivy wouldn't annoy Snype too much before then. He didn't want them to be mad at each other before the battle.

Pokemon:
Snivy: level 9
Duster (minccino): level 10
egg (unknown): ---

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
Jonas looked at the time. Almost class, Jonas thought. HE rushed over to his class room, making sure he did not spill his coffee. He walked in the classroom and saw most of the students in the class. Lets hope this class goes well, Jonas thought. He sat down in the desk and took another drink of his coffee. The bell rang and Jonas took a deep breath as he released his Pokemon from their Pokeballs.
" Hello class. I am Dr.Jonas Applewood and you are in my Pokemon Mythology class. If you are in the wrong class, LEAVE," Jonas Introduced. The students responded with a silence, which satisfied Jonas. Except for one student. This student got his Pokemon, a Geodude to run up and smack Jonas in the shins. In a quick defense, Blastoise hit the Geodude straight on with a Water Gun attack. The Geodude was knocked out of the classroom.
" Yanmega, hand out the papers," Jonas sighed. One paper was the student Introduction form, the other a Class Rules Sheet:

Class Rules:​
Spoiler:

" The student who owns that wimpy Geodude in the hallway, please come up to the front," Jonas asked. A student, with his head hanging low, walked up to the front.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"Thank you," Selene smiled at Jack as she walked into the classroom - they weren't late which was brilliant, and there were a couple of seats free near Valorie. Selene pointed the seats out to Jack and sat next to Valorie, turning to her immediately.

"Hi Valorie! How're you doing? Dratini okay? You seeing Mark after class?" she added nonchalently to the end of her interogation, eyes flickering up to Valorie's face to see her reaction.

The teacher walked in and Selene bit her lip to stop any more questions coming out of her mouth. Damn...just as she was getting somewhere too. She rolled her eyes and reached into her bag, taking out her Raichu-themed stationary and her Mythology textbook. She hoped this teacher...this Applewood guy, could make this lesson interesting for her.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Dratini was curled up in Valorie's arms, raising its head to look at Selene as she approached. Valorie turned to greet Selene with a smile. She was asked a bunch of questions, last but not least one about Mark. She didn't think odd of it, really. Who was she to suspect what was going on? Her voice was quieter than usual, perhaps out of instinctual respect for the classroom.

"Good..! Dratini's back to normal, and yea-"

Valorie was abruptly startled by a Geodude attack. Had that Geodude just attacked the teacher? Suddenly she was grateful for what little self control Charmander had. She couldn't imagine what she'd have to do if it just went attacking people at random like that! She couldn't help but feel a bit uncomfortable, not just with the attack, but the teacher seemed to be /mocking/ his student! That wasn't something she had expected.

-------------
Charmander ♀ Level 14
Dratini ♀ Level 16
Trapinch ♀ Level 15

Years
Jack went in class and sat down beside Selena with Blaze jumping up and down in the table, he was obviously happy, but the jumping stopped when the teacher arrived inside with coffee in hand and a serious look on his face. The teacher began speaking to everyone before being interrupted by a hit from a Geodude who was blasted away by the teachers Blastoise "That's one pokemon I definitely don't want to fight" Blaze joked as he tapped Ri on his shoulder. As the papers were handed out Jack took up the class rules and began to read them. "Well rules were meant to be broken" Jack looked to his side and saw Selena and Valorie conversing so he just slouched back into his chair and relaxed.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Sniggering under his breath, Ri turned to Blaze and shook his head slowly. "Which one, the Geodude or that huge Blastoise? Don't really feel like getting on the bad side of either to be honest...although that hunk of rock couldn't deal with a few of my brick breaks!!" he joked, throwing a few karate chops into the air. Selene nudged him slightly, tutting under her breath.

"Ri! Calm down, class has started...do you really want to give me detention on my first day??" she hissed under her breath, hoping the teacher didn't hear. This was winding her up..she hated not being able to talk when something was on her mind to be said. Normally she'd be up for a little pushing of the rules, seeing how far she could take them before the consequences really kicked in - in her experience adults seemed to appreciate her mischievous side for some reason, so she could practically get away with murder before anyone pulled her up on it. But she sensed that this guy meant business...he was either an amazing teacher or just really stern. She didn't want to find it was the latter the hard way, so she leaned back in her chair lifting the front two legs off the floor and pondered how she would circumvent this challenging no-communication rule.

A bolt of inspiration hit her and she leaned forward, seemingly intent on taking notes but actually scrawling a message to Valorie in her scruffy-but-not-illegible-I'm-rushing-handwriting.

Glad to see that Dratini is more than okay - she's as beautiful as ever :) speaking of which you look lovely today...is this for anyone's attention in particular or are you just glowing from the excitement of school? ;)

She quietly tore the note from her pad and handed it to Ri, who she took off the table and placed on the floor between her and Valorie. Ri knew exactly what to do, and he placed the note in Valorie's lap so stealthily no-one could have seen - not even Selene saw him do it! She glanced next to her at Jack and smiled sheepishly, scribbling I can't do with this no-talking business when there are questions to be answered on her notepad for him to read.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie became aware of a note on her lap. She casually looked down, observing it for a moment. She then shifted Dratini into one arm so that she could take the note and give it a read. She was of course reasonably subtle about it, except for the part where as she was reading it her cheeks turned pink. Selene had called her lovely. She hadn't been expecting that sort of compliment at all. After a few moments she would turn the paper over and began writing on the back. Valorie wasn't necessarily a shy girl, so to speak. She was simply rather self-conscious. That being said, she was not good at ignoring others, and it was easy to please her with a compliment from the blue. Dratini peeked down at what Valorie was writing. Yet, the pokemon could not read, and so it went on oblivious to what was going on.

Valorie finished the letter. Valorie then briefly tapped Dratini on the nose to get her attention. Needless to say, Dratini's attention immediately shifted to Valorie and then Valorie's finger when tapped. Valorie subtly pointed to the paper, and then to Selene. Dratini seemed to understand this, and turned her attention to the paper. Suddenly, the paper literally lifted off Valorie's lap! The paper then proceeded to float on over to Selene as if being carried by an invisible force. Of course, it was. It was being carried by the same telekinetic powers that allowed Dratini to fly. The paper would float on over to Selene's lap and settle there. It read as followed, some words partially scribbled out but still readable if one tried:

Do you really think so? I Thanks! I was Well, I guess I just wanted to look good for everyone! Make a good impression, you know? You're be very pretty, yourself. >.< How is your Swablu?

Valorie obviously felt a bit awkward. She wasn't sure she understood what Selene was thinking. Of course, she didn't. She simply didn't know Selene well enough to have that sort of familiarity yet. Perhaps Selene was better at this sort of thing though and could tell what she was thinking. On the other hand, perhaps it was better nobody knew. Valorie was currently confused and a bit frustrated. You see, she was trying to reason out whether she was being hit on by Selene. Perhaps there was a miscommunication through the written words.

Megaman765

Years
Just then, Two pokemon walked in the door. It was an Alakazam and a Marowak. The stood by eachother side by side. Mark could see that they knew each other for a very long time... Then a woman entered the room. She had red hair and was wearing a blue dress. Mark assumed she was the teacher. Snype sat down on Mark's lap as if he were a student of the class himself.

"Hello class! If your here I take you must all have quite a passion for battling." The woman said. Mark nodded in response. She read his mind completely. "I'm Launa, Double battle expert!" She said cheerfully. Her Alakazam and Marowak bowed.

"Sheesh, hope that she isn't too strict behind that cheerful personality." Mark thought to himself. Snype smiled brightly.

"Alright! How many of you are familiar with Double battles?" A few kids in the class raised their hands. Mark didn't though. He never did a double battle once in his life. "Alot of newbies huh... Well that shouldn't be a problem as long your Pokemon get along." She said to the class. Snype glanced over to Snivy for a second think how well she would cooperate in a battle...

"Double battles are pretty much what you make it out to be. Two VS Two. Once both pokemon are out, The match is over... Personally, I'm not to big of a fan of these rules myself. I have a specific rule where if One Pokemon is out, the battle is over. Having one Pokemon go against two others can be an overwhelming situation... but thats just my opinion. Official rules state that when both Pokemon are down, The battle is over...unless you plan on using more then that many pokemon, switch outs are usually allowed."

Mark took all of this info into his head. He was glad he got to be in so many battle related classes. These were classes he could actually listen to and remember by heart. Other classes he was usually a complete unorganized slob in.

"An important part in Double battles is having your Pokemon work together. If your paired up with another trainer, Working together with him or her is just as important. That means you and your Pokemon have to take care of each other." She continued.

"...Now could I have two volunteers come down here? Another important part of battling is having your Pokemon work together to combine attacks. I'd like to see your pokemon work together as a demonstration. Not just as a learning experience for you, but myself as well."

Mark instantly jumped out of his seat and raised his hand, forgeting that Snype was sitting there. Snype grabbed onto the desk and climbed on top of it. He was raising his hand as well. "The jumpy one!" She called out to Mark, signaling him to come down to the front of the class.

"Now who else..." she thought, looking at the rest of the class.

((I'm just gonna move this on. I don't wanna hold up the RP))

Nideous

Years
Brian watched as a Marowak and an Alakazam walked in, followed by the teacher. Brian half listened to her opening speech with interest. She had a rule that was against the pokemon league? Incredible!

"...Now could I have two volunteers come down here? Another important part of battling is having your Pokemon work together to combine attacks. I'd like to see your pokemon work together as a demonstration. Not just as a learning experience for you, but myself as well."

Mark instantly jumped out of his seat and raised his hand, knocking Snype off of his perch. Snype grabbed onto the desk and climbed on top of it. He was raising his hand as well. "The jumpy one!" She called out to Mark, signaling him to come down to the front of the class.

"Now who else..." she thought, looking at the rest of the class. Snivy sighed.
"You're going up, aren't you?" Snivy asked. Brian nodded, after all, he was Mark's battle partner for the moment! He stood up slowly and raised his hand as well.

"Alright, I'll take you! The reluctant one!" the teacher said. She waved at Brian to join Mark at the front of the class. He slowly walked up there. He hated these kinds of displays. But this one would be doubly bad. Not only would he and Snivy get laughed at, but Mark might get some flack as well!
"We'll just have to do our best!" Brian said to Snivy. She was very nervous as well it seemed.

(OOC: More like you got bored and wanted to continue. Not that I blame you, I was ready to move on as well :P )

Megaman765

Years
Mark welcomed Brian as he joined him in the front of the class. Lucky he was with somebody he knew. Snype stood on the teachers desk and waved at the class. Snype was a big fan of getting alot of attention. He gave off his signiture large smile to everybody in the class. "Comon Snype lets focus here." Mark whispered. Snype chuckled mischievously.

"As I said, combining moves and working together is an important part in double battles. Why don't we see how well Snype and Snivy here can work together? You can practice your move on Alakazam over here." She said, most likely overhearing Mark say his Sableye's name. Launa's Alakazam walked in front of the class and faced both Snype and Snivy ready to take the hit.

Snype looked up at Snivy. ["Hey! What moves do ya know? I betcha we could perform a pretty good combo if I use double team. How about it? I also know Night shade, Sucker Punch, and Scratch if you got any other ideas."] Snype asked her.

Nideous

Years
"Attention hog! I know Tackle, Bullet Seed, Vine Whip, Wrap, Attract, and..." Snivy said, her voice faltering.
"She also knows Secret Power, but isn't too good with it," Brian said to answer Snype's question. He wondered what Mark had up his sleeve. He hoped it would be something very impressive! But Brian couldn't think of any way for them to mesh the moves together. Maybe he should have used Duster. her Helping Hand move would have come in handy, but it was too late to worry about that now!
"So... You got any ideas?" Brian asked Mark dubiously.

Megaman765

Years
"Well, I usually leave the "ideas" To Snype over here. He's the clever one." Mark said gesturing toward Snype

["Kehehe. Sorry. Just wanna make an impression for the rest of the class. You should try it sometime. It's a pretty good feeling!"]
Snype said thinking of an idea. Suddenly, one popped up into his head. He whispered in Snivy's ear. ["Heres the plan. I'll use Double team to distract him. Afterwards, You use Wrap to immoboilize him. I'll hit him with Sucker Punch afterwards."] Snype told her. He gave Mark a thumbs up to show he was ready.

"Alright Snype, Do your thing!" Mark called out. Snype jumped off of the desk and used Double team to surround Alakazam. Alakazam of course, played along with it. ["Alright, Now Snivy!"] Snype called out.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
"Where is this teacher!" Nathan said angrily. "Humph, screw it. I am not attending class today. I might as well train or doing something worthwhile instead of waiting all day." Nathan got up stiffly and walked off into the forrest where he had encountered the staravia. "I wonder if we can find it again." Nathan said hoping he did. Let's go to our spot, that we found last time. Nathan walked through thick vines and thick bushes until finally he ahd reached his secret spot. "Perfect." Nathan said with glee. But it was on;y to his dissapointment that he saw a pokemon in which he hoped he didn't see. A small pink bubl was drinking from the pond that was in front of him. It looked up cautiously and as it did, it recongised Nathan's face straight away. "Cheeerrubi." it made a small goraning noise before shooting sharp leafs from it's head. Nathan reached for his pokeball but as he did a brown flash of colours swooped down to join cherbui in the fight. As it stopped Nathan realised it was the staravia he had encountered the day before. "YOU, I've been looking for you!" Nathan yelled across the water. "Star" It replied sarcasticlly, almost if it was superior to Nathan. "I will get you you know." Nathan said calmly. Nathan reached for his pokeballs as he the came back into the realisation that the reazor leaves wheres till travelling toward him. "Chimchar let's do this." Nathan yelled. Chimchar appeared quickly from it's pokeball and was off into the fight. "Use Fire punch on Cherubi." Nathan ordered. A hot flame emerged form the monkey's fist and it shot towards the cherubi in a instant. However, it was only to be stopped by a fierce aerial ace from the Staravia. Chimchar was sent flying backwards and hit the groud with a harsh thomp.. "Ugh, one won't be enough, let's try two. HAH! It's a double battle. I needed to touch up on this." Nathan reached for his second pokeball. He threw it gently and out poppped turwig. Turwig looked ready to battle, almost as if it knew it had to be on it's game. "Turtwig use Energy Ball at Stravia and Chimchar use Sunny day to block their eyesight. A thick ball of green energy was hulred at the staravia but only to be knocked back by a hardh whirlwind in which hit ball in which hit turwig. The staravia looked agry now and it swerved for turwig with it's beak shark and shiny. The day become sunny, and as the staravia swerved it's eye sight was blurred and it'd lost it's sense of direction and smashed into a tree. Now use solar beam turwig. turwig shot a large stream of energy at the irritate cherubi but it was also using solar beam. Nathan had forgot. It was a grass type too. Both solarbeams forced their way aganst eachother, making the battle seem tense and alive. Nahan looked over to his right and saw the weak staravia on the ground near a bush, instanlty he grabbed a spare pokeball and threw it. it hit the stravia on the side of it's wing and it was captured within. The ball wiriggled rapidly before it broke open forcefully and the staravia crawled into the wilderness. As Nathan returned his view towards turwig and the cherubi he noticed thatchimchar was all by itse'f, and was open for a attacks towards cherubi. "Now chimchar, used fire punch once more." Chimchar genrator a fierce fist of fire and punched the cherubi smack bang in the back of it's bubly head. The Cherubi fainted instantly. "good works guys." Nathan said tired. "Let's go." however, before doing so, he grabbed a few oran berries from his food satchet and palced them near cherubi and the left. "That was intense guys." Neither of the pokemon replied. Nathan looked back curiosly, and notcied that both wiered emerssed in a harsh white light. "Finally." Nathan said with a smug look on his face. "They've evolved." Nahan looked aorund suspicously hoping noone saw his pokemon evolve. This could be his secret weapon. As the evolution finally finished an excited monferno yt lazy looking grottle appeared. "Awesome guys." Nathan yelled. He then ran off towards the pokemon centre ready for them to be fully healed before he checked up on some of his classmates in preparation for a battle in which he wanted to have with someone.

Years
Jack knew that for some reason class with this old dude would be boring so he continued slouching and rubbing Blaze's belly in which Blaze responded with a happy moan of delight. Jack looked over at Selena who smiled at him then passed a notepad to him. He agreed completely with what was scribbled on the paper. Jack took the notepad and scribbled a reply not even caring if the teacher could see or not "Yeah this is getting boring, i'd rather be running more laps" Jack slipped back the notepad unto Selena's desk then put his feet unto the table looked into the ceiling and began daydreaming.

Nideous

Years
Before Snivy could utter a protest, Snype leapt off the desk and used Double Team. Snivy sighed as a lot of Sableye illusions appeared.
"Now, Snivy! It's your turn!" Brian said. Snivy dropped to the ground. Alakazam pretended to be confused by the illusions, and Snivy used Wrap. Her vines flew out and coiled around the Alakazam, pinning his arms to his side.
"Go ahead," Snivy said to Snype. She tightened her grip to be sure the Alakazam wouldn't be able to go anywhere.

Megaman765

Years
As soon as Alakazam was wrapped in the vines, Snype used Sucker Punch straight toward Alakazam's face while he was stunned. It caused him to flinch a little... being possibly a higher level pokemon, it probably did take much damage. The rest of the class clapped at the demonstration while Snype bowed. ["Kehehe... thank you thank you."] Snype put his arm around Snivy. ["Hey comon! At least act like your enjoying this!"] He said cheerfully.

The teacher clapped as well. "Very good! Seems like they were born to be partners the way I look at it!" Luana joked. Mark laughed to himself a bit, scratching his head. The class seemed to like the little demonstration.

Nideous

Years
Snivy struggled free, a look of panic in her eyes. She scrambled back up on to Brian's shoulder.
"Don't do that again!" she said once she regained her composure. Brian looked worriedly at her.
"You ok Snivy?" he asked. Snivy was glaring at Snype, but eventually her expression softened a little bit. It resumed her usual scowl, and she turned her attention to the class.
"Uh... I don't know about that Miss. Snivy doesn't really work well with others," Brian said. Then he muttered under his breath, "though this is the best she's done with when she has worked with others."
He looked at Mark and smiled. That hadn't been so bad! Snivy was acting like, well, herself. But not as much as usual. If anyone had grabbed her like that in the past, they would be nursing some wounds. Looks like this school was helping her to relax, little by little.
"Sorry about that, but Snivy really doesn't like being touched. She's a little odd," Bri said to Mark and Snype.

Megaman765

Years
Snype frowned when he jumped onto Mark's shoulder. ["Sorry... Guess I can't help but be a little too friendly sometimes. Heh. No hard feeling I hope? I don't want to make enemies around here, not with a fellow battling partner at least!"] Snype said to Snivy, smiling. ["But hey, if your still mad at me I won't hold it against you. Kehehe."] Whatever the case, This Snivy girl had quite a reason to sound so stubborn. Perhaps something happened to her?

"You can all return to your desks." The Luana said.

Mark walked up to his desk and replied to Bri. "Nono I'm sorry. Snype is usually eager to make friends and we don't really know your Snivy all that well. Snype is really eager to be friendly. Guess its instinct." Mark replied.

Back