• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

90's Music Nostalgia!

Brizz

TM87
Years
It's a really good song, but to be honest, it's still played on the radio fairly often and it's just been SO OVERPLAYED! Of course, I still hear Zombie on the radio every so often... I don't know, just Nirvana in general is pretty overplayed. They're good but still.

This is very true. Imo Smells Like Teen Spirit is the key reason as to why Nirvana gets so much praise. Without that song I'm not really sure how relevant Nirvana would have been.

Years
The 90's was one of my fave eras of music, second only to the 00's.

I do have some standout fave songs that still get me hooked to the 90's.

Spoiler:

I had so many favorites I had to spoiler them all. I also liked most stuff Savage Garden and The Spice Girls released back then as well.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Not one mention of the house styles of Paul Hardcastle or 808 State? Granted, that's more 80's, but still...

I like the way most 90's music sounded if it had a strong melody leading it, which isn't much different than today. The key diference is that I like how a lot of funk and jazz from the past decades seemed to carry into the 90's. There's probably a few songs I could name, but they'd all be early 90's rather than mid 90's. That small window of time when music was just weaning off of 80's synthizers and drum kits but before it got too "realistic", those were my favorite times. I'm probably older than a majority of the users here, though...

One of my favorite songs growing up was Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia).

Back