• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Yeah it's set up like an animation in the database. I just want it to play whenever it hails
in-battle (that's not a move it's an in-battle weather change).

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
I see. So can someone please tell me how to implement the Surf and bike background music even without having to upgrade the starterkit? More specifically, what script section do I have to edit and what're the codes?

ummm...unless you're planning on going through and changing/adding alot of ruby script, i don't see a way around it. imo, the easiest way to upgrade to is to go to the data folder in the newest starter kit. select and copy the EditorScripts and Scripts files and paste them in your data project folder. before doing this though, if you have made any changes to any of the scripts what so ever, make sure you save those changes within a text file or something of the sort. personally, i paste all my changes in a text file with which script the change is within and what line. alot simpler and faster than what's described in the notes.html.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
To make the small screen default go into the option and change it to the small screen size and them save.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Darksun, the error is because there are no Pokémon in your party. To add a Pokémon, use the statement:
Code:
pbAddPokemon(PokemonNumber,PokemonLevel)

Replace PokemonNumber and PokemonLevel accordingly.

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
Years
Yeah, but it happend in the player's house, and the floor is no terrain tag. Wierd.

Edit: Solved, I took a map from another project and the map I deleted when
I took the other map to this project, had encounter pokèmon on it. Or something like that.
Omg, it's hard to explain in english. xD

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Can someone please tell me how to implement background music for Surfing and Bicycle event without having to upgrade the starterkit? More specifically, which script sections should I edit and how can I do that?

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Just download the new version of the starter kit and copy the scripts from the data floder into the data folder of your game. You might have to edit some scripts again because of the in-battle text color you have in your game though.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
I didn't. But it fixed itself. Weird. 0_0

Hmm.. Another problem.

I made a Pokemon battle with the new "TEAM ROCKET". The text worked out okay...
TEAMROCKET1.png

And then, it says this: Can't find battle 1(of 5) for the trainer(TEAMROCKET, Grunt) in Trainer data file. So it said I could edit the pokemon there, and I did that. Then it suddenly says...
TEAMROCKET2.png

TEAMROCKET3.png

TEAMROCKET4.png

...and I said "no". Then it went on changing it to 3(of 5) and 4 (of 5)... I wonder how I can disable that.

Here's my script, in case there's something wrong with it...
script.png
Can someone PLEASE answer my question?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Also Known as Pokedude:

The presence of multiple "Battle" comments implies that more than one battle exists, which may not be your intent. Instead, use "\m" to separate each message, like this:

Code:
@>Comment: Battle: Hey, punk!  Give me all you've got! You ain't
 :       : worth it!\mHey, punk!  Give me all you've got! You ain't
 :       : worth it!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Where can I download this? I checked the first post

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
My server set up is not working...this is what it says

"Entering the Official Netplay Plus Server..."
Database = netplay_p_db, Gamecode = 918302475
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Local Run?[y:n]
--------------------------------------------------
Server setup 192.168.1.5 - 3306
Creating Server...
Unknown database 'netplay_p_db'uninitialized class variable @@_mysql in NetplayS
erver
Server has been terminated
Press Enter to Exit.

What do I do please

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Where can I download this? I checked the first post

you can download poccil's starter kit right here. it uses rpg maker xp, so if you don't have the program, you can't use it.

Okay, When I choose to be a girl, I go to battle and the battle back for my caracter is the male one. How do I change this?

this is because the female trainer back isn't set. if you look within the Pictures folder, you will find the file called trback000. the "000" means what trainer id it is. for example, if you wanted to do rich boy trainer back, you'd put as the filename trback014. in the case of the female trainer, which is defaulted as 1 in poccil's kit, the filename would be trback001. now to create this trainer back, you would need to find the female sprites or create your own. the file consists of four 128x128 frames. the resulting file should be 512x128, preferably .png format. that should explain just about everything on trainer backs. good luck!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Can someone PLEASE answer my question?

i DID answer your question:
The problem is, you have a phone trainer information, meaning it's set up so that you can have several battles with the trainer when they call you. to fix this so that it's a 1 time trainer, do this:

get rid of 4 of the "comment: battle:"s, so that there is only 1.
get rid of the "comment: regspeech"
get rid of the "script:kernel.pnTrainerCheck"
and lastly, get rid of the "script: pbPhoneRegisterBattle".
and there, all fixed. :D

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Can someone tell me how to play an animation while it hails in-battle. I already have the animation i just need it to play in battle.

i was wandering about in the PokeBattle_Battle script when i came upon this. i believe that this should answer your question. in the PokeBattle_Battle script lines 731 to 739 are the battle weather text. i believe if you stuck in @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Hail",self,nil) or @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Hail",nil,nil) before the hail weather text, it should play the animation during battle. now i haven't tested this yet, but i do believe this should work. just remember to name the animation within your database "Common:Hail" or it probably won't work.

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
My server set up is not working...this is what it says

"Entering the Official Netplay Plus Server..."
Database = netplay_p_db, Gamecode = 918302475
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Local Run?[y:n]
Server setup 192.168.1.5 - 3306
Creating Server...
Unknown database 'netplay_p_db'uninitialized class variable @@_mysql in NetplayS
erver
Server has been terminated
Press Enter to Exit.

What do I do please

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION??

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
i was wandering about in the PokeBattle_Battle script when i came upon this. i believe that this should answer your question. in the PokeBattle_Battle script lines 731 to 739 are the battle weather text. i believe if you stuck in @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Hail",self,nil) or @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Hail",nil,nil) before the hail weather text, it should play the animation during battle. now i haven't tested this yet, but i do believe this should work. just remember to name the animation within your database "Common:Hail" or it probably won't work.
I found it, it's line 699. I did what you said but i got this error:

errormx2.png

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back