• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Only cause they're the biggest college! D;

Cheer cheer for old Notre Dame

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
4000th post about ND. I approve.

Also, Shrek has a ton of ND references in it as well ;3 it wouldn't be the same if ND wasn't so great! And don't you love Shrek?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, it's great. I'm especially a fan of the music, lol. :3 And Donkey!

Years
I agree. I watched Shrek 4 in theatres and I didn't like it as much as the original Shrek movie. It seems that sequels make the series get worse and worse imo. I haven't seen one movie where the sequel is as good as or better than the original.

The only film sequel I've seen, that I think is legitimately better than the first film would be The Dark Knight over Batman Begins.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The general rule I've found involving sequels is that the original is amazing, the second is meh, the third is not quite as good as the first, and anything beyond sucks.

Also Netflix is awesome.

oh and hi Live~
tumblr_leipfeseHq1qa9iia.gif

Years
Hm. I thought that anything they had on DVD also had a digital version as well. I have a few things about Netflix, but nothing major as of yet.

They offer the streaming service? Usually all you'll find on the streaming service is B-list and direct to dvd movies, none of the major blockbusters. You'll have to have both services (so 7.99 for streaming + 7.99 more for DVD's) in order to really see everything you want. Pretty stupid. Also cost Netflix about 800,000 potential subscribers.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

They offer the streaming service? Usually all you'll find on the streaming service is B-list and direct to dvd movies, none of the major blockbusters. You'll have to have both services (so 7.99 for streaming + 7.99 more for DVD's) in order to really see everything you want. Pretty stupid. Also cost Netflix about 800,000 potential subscribers.

My boyfriend got rid of his DVD service just because he could find everything he wanted on the digital version on his ps3 though. o-o;

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Streaming doesn't have all the things I want to watch, but it's got a decent library on its own. I just download anything else I might be missing out on. Cheapness, go!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Streaming doesn't have all the things I want to watch, but it's got a decent library on its own. I just download anything else I might be missing out on. Cheapness, go!
Cheapness ftw!

My 'To Watch' folder is getting pretty big, the majority is anime, and then some tokusatsu, JDramas and KDramas. Should get to watching them, but I'm not that motivated.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I barely download movies any more, lol. I just get out movies for $1 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at my local video store. I think the last movie I downloaded was... A Streetcar Named Desire?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Re: sequels. Aliens is better than Alien; the Toy Story films get better with each one (TS3 is easily the best); many people think Godfather Part II > Godfather, but I haven't seen the second one, so can't really comment.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Re: sequels. Aliens is better than Alien; the Toy Story films get better with each one (TS3 is easily the best); many people think Godfather Part II > Godfather, but I haven't seen the second one, so can't really comment.

Aliens is definitely better than Alien. Although I loved Ridley Scott's Alien, Aliens has a much better storyline. Besides, the only good actor in Alien was Sigourney Weaver anyway.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
re: downloading - I never ever download movies or TV shows, I like to kick it old school. I wait til they show on TV here because I prefer the old-style TV experience with the ads and everything.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've grown to watch things on TV as well, which is why I don't really watch anime too often unless the series really catches my attention. For the time being, there is really only one series that does, though it might bump up to two (three if you want to include the Symphonia episode) in November. The second one is actually not anime though, but BBC Merlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back