• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
any of all the pokemon? ok here goes: Torchic, Pikachu, Bidoof, Weedle, Aerodactly, and Eevee

Okay, interesting team, I'm probably going to solo with Tepig until I get the C-Gear.
Since I said I'm going to fully evolve them, I've decided Eevee will become Glaceon.

I'm also assuming I can use Egg Moves, so I'll probably use those. I'll start later.

Arceus8888

I am a owner of a S. Giratina!
Years
Fire Red Run Pt. 2
Red: I managed to evolve my Metapod into Butterfree, now Brock is being a jerk, one-shotting me with Rock Tomb, so (insert text about training to lv 14 here), and then after beating Geodude, it learned Sleep Powder, which let me win, Now I'm in Mt. Moon, I caught a Zubat, now to make my way out...
To Be Continued...

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
So, this is what, my second 6 month vanishment during this challenge? No real excuse, just haven't been in the mood to play Pokemon.

Please excuse the laziness of the team summary in this update. I'll try to get that back to the way it was in previous updates for the next one.

-Beat Team Plasma and got the dragonite skull back
-Headed on to Castelia City
-Got the Exp Share
-Ran into Cheren outside the gym, got told by Burgh to go to a pier
-Bianca's pokemon got stolen, met Iris who is totally not important
-derpy Plasma grunt shows up because they wanted another pokemon (didn't their plan just need her Munna?)
-tracked the grunt to Team Plasma's secret base...which has several grunts outside it
-exposition time!
-Bianca got her Munna back and that plot point was dropped forever
-Gym time!
-Beat Burgh. Murkrow defeated Whirlipede, Milotic beat Dwebble and Litwick beat Leavanny.
-Left the gym, for some reason got a call telling me to battle Bianca
-Easily destroyed Bianca's team
-Cheren's too
-Got some ultra balls from Juniper
-Suddenly Plasma grunts, got a bike
-Had to check out musicals because...um...Bianca can't do anything without someone holding her hand?
-Bianca's dad told her to come home, Lady Gaga overruled his authority...because she can do that, apparently.
-Rode the rollercoaster with N, then battled
-More grinding, because I have one team member that isn't weak against Elesa's Emolgas (Pursuit, Volt Switch and Aerial Ace >.<)

Team:
Audino F Level 25
Grotle M Level 22
Murkrow M Level 21
Accelgor M Level 23
Litwick F Level 23
Milotic F Level 21

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
In Black, I already hatched five, and trained them to level 10, so I traded them over after the 1st Gym. I am also using my Dream World Glaceon, also at level 10.

My Pokemon are: Blaziken, Raichu, Bibarel, Beedrill, Aerodactyl, and Glaceon

My progress:
I beat Lenora and saved in her Gym. Ughh... I have to wait to get a Thunderstone on Route 9. I don't feel like searching Dustclouds in caves. :D

Combusken Lv.24
-Double Kick
-Crush Claw(egg)
-Ember
-Night Slash(egg)

Pikachu Lv.21
-Thunderpunch(egg)
-Wish(egg)
-Quick Attack
-Double Team

Bibarel Lv.22
-Headbutt
-Aqua Tail(egg)
-Rollout
-Defense Curl

Beedrill Lv.22
-Pursuit
-Rage
-Twinneedle
-Fury Attack

Aerodactyl Lv.23
-Roost(egg)
-Steel Wing(egg)
-Agility
-Wing Attack

Glaceon Lv.22
-Icy Wing
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Helping Hand

EDIT: UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

I beat Alder, I had some trouble, but I beat him pretty quickly.

Blaziken Lv.76
-Brick Break
-Crush Claw(egg)
-Flare Blitz
-Night Slash(egg)

Raichu Lv.77
-Thunderpunch(egg)
-Wish(egg)
-Thunderbolt
-Brick Break

Bibarel Lv.76
-Super Fang
-Aqua Tail(egg)
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Beedrill Lv.76
-Assurance
-Poison Jab
-X-Scissor
-Brick Break

Aerodactyl Lv.76
-Roost(egg)
-Iron Head
-Crunch
-Rock Slide

Glaceon Lv.77
-Hail
-Blizzard
-Shadow Ball
-Hyper Beam

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
-Got everyone to level 25 (Audino to 26)
-Battled Elesa, Litwick took down both of the Emolgas and Audino defeated Zebstrika.
-Cheren wanted to battle...again. Boooooooooring
-Met Alder, who is awesome, Cheren is still an idiot
-Met Clay, the most stereotypical Tex- What do you mean he's from Kanto? Got told to beat up Team Plasma
-Found Team Plasma...hiding...in something with a small doorway...in a building with one small doorway...They really weren't thinking of how easy it would be to trap them, were they?
-Clay and some workers came in to arrest people
-Clay...for whatever reason, released the people he just arrested because...um...Ghetsis told him to?
-Gym time! Accelgor defeated Krokorok, Milotic dealt with Excadrill and Grotle beat Palpitoad.

Team:
Audino F Level 27
-Secret Power
-Retaliate
-Work Up
-Refresh
Grotle M Level 29
-Bite
-Razor Leaf
-Curse
-Mega Drain
Murkrow M Level 27
-Wing Attack
-Astonish
-Assurance
-Haze
Accelgor M Level 28
-Mega Drain
-Acid Spray
-Struggle Bug
-Swift
Litwick F Level 26
-Flame Burst
-Will-O-Wisp
-Fire Spin
-Confuse Ray
Milotic F Level 27
-Scald
-Twister
-Recover
-Refresh

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Name: KoboraX
Game: Crystal
List of Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Number required: 3
Any specific requirements:
At least one party member able to use Surf.

Arceus8888

Years
I must have a death wish, but add me to the Ultimate Challange, I'm going to aim for that after beating Emerald's and Fire Red's
Anyways~~~~
I just got out of Mt.Moon and made it to Cerulean City, first place I went was the Pokemon Center, and a friend of mine traded me their Abra, and was going to trade me their Steelix, but the machine broke before he could, anyways I went north, mopped the floor with Green again, got past the Nugget Bridge, cleared all the trainers after that out, helped Bill, got the S.S. Ticket, and then went and defeated a Team Rocket goon, which afterwords my Abra evolved into Kadabra, now to see if my friend can help me evolve it again...
To be Continued....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
i have never used any eeveelutions so i will hack in 6 eevees to platinum version for a playthrough

Arceus8888

Years
Whats going on? Is the challenge thread dieing?
Anyways~~~~~~~~
Red: I have gotten through the S.S. Anne, was defeated after getting cut, I was going to check the truck rumor out but the ship set sail when I tried to go back :(
I got my Eevee, Aqua, back from my friend, Saffron was invaded by Team Rocket so I'm avoiding that place for now, Oh! I forgot to mention, I have obtained a Cubone, and an Onix, and I caught a Chansey with one Safari Ball. I hope my luck continues on my journey, I defeated Blaine and got my 6th badge, but Bill decides i should go with him to One Island, and now he is making me his errand boy, well, time to go find that lost little girl...
To Be Continued.....

Years
Name: KoboraX
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Number required: 3
At least one party member able to use Surf.
Okay, here I go.
Nidoqueen, Rapidash, Skarmory.

Now on to me.
Name: Griever7x
Spoiler:

Number required: 6
Any spefic requirement: not really, be creative!

Years
Okay, here I go.
Nidoqueen, Rapidash, Skarmory.

Now on to me.
Name: Griever7x
Spoiler:

Any spefic requirement: not really, be creative!

Magneton, Girafarig, Marowak, Fearow, Mantine, Hypno

And for myself

Name: Whallan
Game: Black
Spoiler:

Any spefic requirement: Anything goes

Years
Alright, so, wanting to start with one of the pokemon assigned to me, I decided to make cubone my starter, and hacked it into a crystal rom. I chose chikorita at the start ( not that it would even matter ) and then proceeded to the point where I would be given my first pokeballs. I then captured cubone on the first route, only to find out he only knew growl! Ugh. Luckily one of the other pokemon assigned was spearow, whom could be found in the upper route that connects you to blackthorn city, so I captured him too. Time to say goodbye to chikorita!

Next, I leveled my two companions to level 5 and proceeded to battle all the trainers, gaining a few more levels in the process. Spearow made short work of the bug pokemons with its peck attack!

Arrived to violet city, I healed my pokemon and headed to the sprout tower. Here, I found cubone's defense to be amazing: he could shrug off even the bellsprout's super effective wine whips quite easily, so my strategy was lowering their defense with his tail whip, and then proceeding to one hit them all with spearow's peck attack. Whoa, his beak must be very sharp.. Cubone then finally learnt an offensive move at lvl 9, bone club! So cool!

After healing my pokemon again, it was time to take on my first gym leader. My pokemon looked like this:
Cubone lvl 10 growl, tail whip, bone club
Spearow lvl 12 peck, growl, leer

I decided to employ the same strategy used to defeat the bellsprouts, so I let cubone first and proceeded to weaken both pidgey and pidgeotto, whom couldn't really manage to damage him much, and then swapped to spearow to finish the two birds quickly. Mud slap was no issue either, due to my pokemon's flying type. What a synergy!

Years
I started a new game in Pokemon Black picking Oshawott as my starter for no apparent reason. Tried to avoid as much fighting as possible until I was able to catch a Purrloin.
My god Purrloin made everything more difficult than it needed to be. She got KO'd by Bianca about 4 times before I got a luck crit. Cilan was the same deal, on my 3rd attempt I got 2 lucky crits in to steal the win.
After defeating the first gym I went and bought myself several repels to go find myself an Audino. After catching myself an Audino i headed to route 3 and defeated Cheren and team plasma.

Team:
Spr_5b_509.png

Demi Lv 16
-Scratch
-Thief
-Assist
-Pursuit

Spr_5b_531.png

Audino Lv 11
-Pound
-Doubleslap
-Helping Hand
-Refresh

Surprisingly Liepard with rock smash was quite effective against Lenora and I won first shot much to my surprise
Team Plasma ran off with the dragonite skull and I had to chase them through Pinwheel forest catching myself a Venipede along the way
Returned the skull and got a moon stone,
Saved in the Castelia City Pokecentre

Team:
Spr_5b_531.png

Audino Lv 19
-Pound
-Retaliate
-Attract
-Refresh

Spr_5b_543.png

Venipede Lv 17
-Poison Sting
-Screech
-Pursuit
-Protect

Spr_5b_510.png

Demi Lv 21
-Scratch
-Thief
-Rock Smash
-Pursuit

Badges:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

koopacrazy

The Super Koopa!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
Name:KEN
Game:Ruby
Number required: 4

Zigzagoon
Lileep
Aron
Electrode
Duskull
Ninetails
Sharpedo
Clampearl
Castform
Tentacool
Seedot
Psyduck
Natu
Doduo
Rhyhorn
Pikachu
Wingull

Years
Name:KEN
Game:Ruby
Number required: 4

Zigzagoon
Lileep
Aron
Electrode
Duskull
Ninetails
Sharpedo
Clampearl
Castform
Tentacool
Seedot
Psyduck
Natu
Doduo
Rhyhorn
Pikachu
Wingull

You can have
Spr_3r_178.png
Spr_3r_073.png
Spr_3r_101.png
Spr_3r_112.png

I defeated all the trainers in the battle building to get exp. share
I then travelled to the gym to challenge Burgh only to find that Team Plasma was causing trouble
I defeated Team Plasma and then I defeated Burgh with a little trouble.

Team:
Spr_5b_531.png

Audino Lv 22
-Secret Power
-Retaliate
-Attract
-Refresh

Spr_5b_544.png

Whirlipede Lv 25
-Poison Tail
-Bug Bite
-Pursuit
-Protect

Spr_5b_510.png

Demi Lv 22
-Scratch
-Fake Out
-Rock Smash
-Pursuit

Badges:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

koopacrazy

The Super Koopa!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
Can i ask for a team w/o tentacruel and Rhydon i actually have them in my Random Pokemon Challenge

Years
Can i ask for a team w/o tentacruel and Rhydon i actually have them in my Random Pokemon Challenge

Spr_3r_319.png

Sharpedo

and

Spr_3r_306.png

Aggron it is

Edit:

Defeated Cheren and Bianca
Travelled through route 4 defeating trainers along the way
Defeated everyone on Route 5 and caught myself an Emolga
Defeated Elesa

Team:
Spr_5b_531.png

Audino Lv 22
-Secret Power
-Retaliate
-Attract
-Refresh

Spr_5b_545.png

Scolipede Lv 31
-Poison Tail
-Bug Bite
-Pursuit
-Protect

Spr_5b_510.png

Demi Lv 24
-Scratch
-Fake Out
-Rock Smash
-Pursuit

Spr_5b_587.png

Emolga Lv 23
-Charge
-Shock Wave
-Pursuit
-Volt Switch

Badges:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

estring628

Super-Nerd
Years
EDIT: I don't particularly know why the spoiler is like that... o_o' It seperates the first Pokemon from all the others. xD Anyways, just ignore how there are two spoilers.

Name: Estring628
Game: Firered

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Number required: 5
If the Pokemon can evolve, just give me its basic form. I'll know to evolve it, unless you want me to catch it in that specific form. ^_^

Years
Haven't found drive to continue yet, but an update that I never got around to includes

I have a thing that's about written... but I have even less drive to do that >`_>;

passed through Fortree, beat Magma at Mt.Pyre, went to Lilycove, fought rival, checked Magma base, went to Slateport and eventtriggered, beat Magma base, proceeded to sea routes, wound up in Mossdeep.

Marlene
Hariyama, F, Lax, Lv.45, thick fat, blackglasses ; pokerus ; [Cool, N.Rank Ribbon]
Arm thrust, vital throw, knock off, focus energy

Lucas
Manectric, M, Timid, Lv.45, static, silk scarf ; pokerus ; [Smart, N.Rank Ribbon]
Bite, charge, quick attack, thunder

Nani
Bellossom, M, Mild, Lv.45, chlorpohyll, miracle seed ; pokerus ; [Beauty, N.Rank Ribbon]
Petal dance, acid, poisonpowder, moonlight

Teacup
Torkoal, F, Docile, Lv.46, white smoke, quick claw ; pokerus
Flamethrower, body slam, amnesia, smoke screen

Micah
Sandslash, F, Bold, Lv.46, sand veil, king's rock ; pokerus
Slash, swift, sand attack, poison sting

Echo
Sharpedo, M, Relaxed, Lv.46, rough skin, king's rock ; pokerus
Slash, surf, focus energy, crunch

ShinyCoon [HM master]
(*Zigzagoon, F, Hasty, Lv.3, pickup) ; pokerus ; [surf, cut, rock smash]

Can I just mention that you never realise how useful trainers are for boosting training until you are actively avoiding them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back