• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I couldnt find it either but its on the page before this one.

Great tools hack mew!

Yeah, indeed. I'm going to update the first post tomorrow as I've been a bit busy so far.

Hey, what's with the runtime error '380' in XSE 1.11?

You're talking about this, right? If you're interested he was running XSE through Darwine on Mac OS X. The error never appeared to anyone else and it even got "solved" for a moment (yeah, weird enough) for random reasons. I bet it's just Darwine's fault actually. I cannot be 100% sure indeed, so I'll wait to see if someone else gets the same error. FYI, the error is more likely to occure if the Settings.ini file wasn't created yet. So you may want to move/rename/delete it for testings.

Years
I never knew XSE had an '#alias' preprocessor directive. If I knew it had that I would have liked it more.
I took a look at it and is there something wrong with the #include? All the files are in the same folder, yet if I include any file I get the error 53 of file not found.
Is it just me?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I never knew XSE had an '#alias' preprocessor directive. If I knew it had that I would have liked it more.
I took a look at it and is there something wrong with the #include? All the files are in the same folder, yet if I include any file I get the error 53 of file not found.
Is it just me?

In fact it was added lately. Regarding the problem with the header files, could you tell me in which folder they were? Also, where you using the standard ones or custom ones?

Years
In fact it was added lately. Regarding the problem with the header files, could you tell me in which folder they were? Also, where you using the standard ones or custom ones?

Tried it in a few places. Right in the C Drive, from the Desktop and another folder where I keep things like this.
I also tried both custom and default headers.
I'm just using a simple script like this.
Code:
#include "std.rbh"
#eraserange 0x0 0x20
#dynamic 0x800000
#alias @ $  //Just for sake of habit.

#org $start
msgbox $1 0x2
end

#org $1
= Hello World.
It all just gives me the same error.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Tried it in a few places. Right in the C Drive, from the Desktop and another folder where I keep things like this.
I also tried both custom and default headers.
I'm just using a simple script like this.
Code:
#include "std.rbh"
#eraserange 0x0 0x20
#dynamic 0x800000
#alias @ $  //Just for sake of habit.

#org $start
msgbox $1 0x2
end

#org $1
= Hello World.
It all just gives me the same error.

Okay, few things. First of all no quotes. Then keep in mind the std.rbh is included by default, so no need to manually include it. Also, when you include a header file XSE will try loading them from its folder. If you want to use custom headers you can try the Batch Compiler. BTW, why are you erasing the the first 15 bytes of the ROM header?

Years
Okay, few things. First of all no quotes. Then keep in mind the std.rbh is included by default, so no need to manually include it. Also, when you include a header file XSE will try loading them from its folder. If you want to use custom headers you can try the Batch Compiler. BTW, why are you erasing the the first 15 bytes of the ROM header?
I forgot to remove that part from the script I posted. I don't have any Pokemon ROM's on my computer at the moment, so I was just compiling it to an empty ROM I created. I just forgot to remove the eraserange from the code I posted.
In the script I was using the dynamic was set to 0.

OK, so the only problem was the quotes. Then you may want to fix something in the guide. The example for the #include directive uses quotes around the file name.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
HackMew... I heard that the new XSE had some command name changes.
Is that true? If so, then I guess I need time to 'get used' to those new commands... :\

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Is that true? If so, then I guess I need time to 'get used' to those new commands... :\

I don't think there are name changes as such, but there are some more full constructs now.

Message -

Originally you did this:
Code:
message @pointer
boxset 2
Now, you do this:
Code:
message @pointer 0x2

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
OK, so the only problem was the quotes. Then you may want to fix something in the guide. The example for the #include directive uses quotes around the file name.

All right, thanks for letting me know. I have to say the #include example was made by ZodiacDaGreat, he must have made confusion with the old ScriptEd. I'll fix that for the next XSE update I'm preparing.

Great update HackMew
Perfect! :)

Thank you :)

No need to be scared. Only few of them got changed, to make them better.
You may want to check the thead I made in the Documents and Tutorials section regarding the database.

i tried the click here to view links it won't open =/

I'm going to update the first post, but since I use spoilers there as well I'd like to know few things. What browser are you using? Are you sure JavaScript is enabled? Aren't you using an anonymizer that block JavaScript perhaps?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
The A-trainer beta is awesome. For once I can actually edit trainers without the crash. Well done :) Can I make new classes e.g. Officer, Galactic Grunt, Galactice Commander, or is that in the next update?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
The A-trainer beta is awesome. For once I can actually edit trainers without the crash. Well done :) Can I make new classes e.g. Officer, Galactic Grunt, Galactice Commander, or is that in the next update?

Well, thanks. Just to let you know I've found a few bugs but I'll wait a bit before acutally releasing the fixed version, just in case new ones are found. Same for XSE.
Remember it's just a beta, so I may think about implementing a class expander or something. I won't promise anything though.

FSF got updated! v1.1.1 now.
Mainly translations fixes, plus Chinese and Slovak.

Oh, yeah. The first post got updated too. Enjoy! ;)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I made my first script with the new updated XSE.
it was indeed new, also with the give item script.

well, thanks for making XSE, HM. ;)
oh, and I can't find the thread you are referring in the DaT section... :\

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I made my first script with the new updated XSE.
it was indeed new, also with the give item script.

well, thanks for making XSE, HM. ;)
oh, and I can't find the thread you are referring in the DaT section... :\

You're welcome :)
This is what I was talking about.

Back