• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Series (GBA toolbox)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Wichu, you are AWESOME!
Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see what you come out with next. This is a million times better than the normal technique.
I think you should definitely do a trainer sprite editor, and possibly something that could conveniently edit gym badges and such.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
What happen is, the program works fine, but when i want to auto-repoint, it picks offsets that are used by important files, it grabs ones like 0x10000 and such, and if someone dont notice, it might mess someones work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2009
WOW! Thanks for these tools man! Its like a gods send when i want to add new sprites in the ROM. Will there by any chance be a Trainer Sprite Editor? It would totally destroy unLZ.GBA. Also will you release a HG/SS Icon Sprite Pack?

BUG: There is a bug in when you replace the sprites in the editor, the icon sprites in the game becomes really messed up. Other than that, You made my life so much easier.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
unLZ will never die, because it can change graphic stuff like the slot machines, layout, hp bars, etc.

Daylight Savings Time

Fall back, spring ahead.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
Will there ever be an .ini for LeafGreen? I've gotten caught up in a snag with unLZ and ASPE is so promising :(

Thank you for all your hard work!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Is it possible if your sprite editor can support Trainer Sprites also? Because I like how your tool can replace Pokemon sprites with bigger ones without having to repoint anything, and it would be a nice feature for trainer sprites too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
I'm getting the same error of Pokémon League Champion. the Microsoft NET framework thing... what's the problem?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
looks like sum nice toolz. may b also try uploadin to media fire so ppl on have 2 w8 fr DL

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Seriously, can't you just use UnLZ-GBA for that? The reason I made a separate Pokémon sprite editor was to handle all the complex palette mapping for back and shiny sprites...

But if the demand is really that high, I guess it wouldn't take too long to make one.

However, I'm currently focusing on other things (Pokémon Raptor EX and Pokémon Amethyst), so don't expect to see any new tools for a while.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Seriously, can't you just use UnLZ-GBA for that? The reason I made a separate Pokémon sprite editor was to handle all the complex palette mapping for back and shiny sprites...

But if the demand is really that high, I guess it wouldn't take too long to make one.

However, I'm currently focusing on other things (Pokémon Raptor EX and Pokémon Amethyst), so don't expect to see any new tools for a while.

Thank you. Unlz.gba always ruins my game when I try to change a pallet.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2009
do you have a GBA Pallet editor

I am wondering if you have a pallet editor to the GBA pokemon games?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
also guys....
wouldn't turning the pokemon sprite editor into a trainer sprite editor be as easy as modding the ini?
I haven't actually looked at the ini, but still....
?
(goes to look, if my assumption is correct, i'll post a new INI in ROM hacking resources...)
*edit*
Okay...i found the table for the trainer sprites, but not the trainer class table, and also, the thought occured to me....
It would be kinda smart to make the program (sprite editor that is) ask the user if he/she wants to edit the trainer sprites/pokemon sprites, that way it can do both, and would make the code a little bit cleaner...course i don't know wut ur code looks like so yea...If i were you, i would just add 3 more lines to the ini, and the right interpretation.
the lines are:
trainerspritetable=0x--XX++
trainerclasstable=0x==YY**
trainerspritetotal=ZZZ
and that would really be all you had to do, except also be able to read uncompressed pics, because i tried using my modded .ini, and eh...wieell....it gave me that NOT COMPRESSED error. Which is why i suggested asking the user if he/she wants to edit pokemon/trainers after loading the ROM
Just a little bit 'o friendly, possibly pointless advice.

Last edited:

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
doesnt work on my pc (win xp: home)
any particular reason why this would happen?
It wont open.... all it shows me is: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).Click on OK to terminate the application.

[ OK ]​

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
doesnt work on my pc (win xp: home)
any particular reason why this would happen?
It wont open.... all it shows me is: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).Click on OK to terminate the application.

[ OK ]​
because you need to download microsoft net framework google it.

Back