• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☄ Shocking Stars ☄ - The Electric Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Oh yes...I'm back for clubs again.

Name: Otherworld9)
Partner Pokemon: Dexter the Magnezone!

My favourite Electric Pokemon would be the Magnemite line. Magnemite, at first, looked pretty cool and the fact he was a steel/electric added to its charm. I loved its stats and how he helped me get through PMD Red. Then Magnezone is also amazing. I loved his final look, and how he was a major killer in my team. I find him rather adorable, and discovered about him in the movie where Shaymin was introduced.

As a mascot...any cute little rascal could pass for one, although Pikachu is quite the famous rodents...maybe Pichu could pass off as the mascot. Not because I love rodents

What do you think is the strongest Electric type Pokemon and why? For extra fun, don't include legendaries!
-In my opinion, I would say Electivire due to stats and overall, despite his defense being pretty low. Although I do like its attack stat. I could also go with Jolteon, simply for the speed and high special attack.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh yes...I'm back for clubs again.

Name: Otherworld9)
Partner Pokemon: Dexter the Magnezone!

My favourite Electric Pokemon would be the Magnemite line. Magnemite, at first, looked pretty cool and the fact he was a steel/electric added to its charm. I loved its stats and how he helped me get through PMD Red. Then Magnezone is also amazing. I loved his final look, and how he was a major killer in my team. I find him rather adorable, and discovered about him in the movie where Shaymin was introduced.

As a mascot...any cute little rascal could pass for one, although Pikachu is quite the famous rodents...maybe Pichu could pass off as the mascot. Not because I love rodents

What do you think is the strongest Electric type Pokemon and why? For extra fun, don't include legendaries!
-In my opinion, I would say Electivire due to stats and overall, despite his defense being pretty low. Although I do like its attack stat. I could also go with Jolteon, simply for the speed and high special attack.
Hey there, welcome to the club! Great to see you back :D I've gotta agree with you about the Magnemite family; it really is an amazing family of Pokémon. They're incredibly unique and pack one hell of a punch in battle. I was delighted when Magnezone was introduced in Gen IV, it's about time Magneton got an evolution and it's a complete power-house! The only thing I don't like about this family is that they don't have Levitate. This would make them 10000000x better and would make perfect sense since they have no choice but to float constantly. But oh well, they're still wonderful :D Also Electivire certainly is very strong!

I think imo the strongest Electric type is Eelektross. Partly because of its bulky stats and powerful attacks, but also because of its Levitate ability leaving it without weaknesses and for its hugely diverse move pool. It has coverage for practically any type you could think of and it gets some really interesting moves such as Coil and Acid Spray which can turn the tide in any battle! Certainly a Pokémon I enjoy using on my team :D

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
xD LOL that's why:
Spoiler:

"Very loyal and faithful"
Spoiler:

I never noticed the loyalty part about Luxray's Pokedex description. In fact, I should really be reading those descriptions for more Pokemon, haha! Anyway, it's intriguing. Almost exactly like how I'd imagine a Luxray would be from its appearance. Also, great fanart! brb, making a Luxray named Mufasa

Hey, guys... My favorite electric-type Pokemon of all of them is Emolga... It's SO cute. Emolga's also a strong eletrical-type Pokemon with this cool move called Volt Switch that I always seem to use in battle.
As useful that move is, it's just brought back terrible memories from my first battle against Elesa. Ugh :c

What do you think is the strongest Electric type Pokemon and why? For extra fun, don't include legendaries! ;D
I think Wash Rotom is a good contender for the strongest Electric-type. STAB Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt actually has a pretty good coverage, Volt Switch allows for some scouting/hit-and-run tactics, while access to Will-O-Wisp can cripple any physical threats, and adds to Wash Rotom's bulk. It has Levitate to negate Ground-type moves, and while its Water typing gives it a Grass weakness, but it also grants resistances to some common offensive types, such as Water and Fire.

While I've never used one in a team before, its stats and typing just sound really good on paper. Or maybe I've just been influenced by all the OU competitive battles I've been watching recently, haha!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think Wash Rotom is a good contender for the strongest Electric-type. STAB Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt actually has a pretty good coverage, Volt Switch allows for some scouting/hit-and-run tactics, while access to Will-O-Wisp can cripple any physical threats, and adds to Wash Rotom's bulk. It has Levitate to negate Ground-type moves, and while its Water typing gives it a Grass weakness, but it also grants resistances to some common offensive types, such as Water and Fire.

While I've never used one in a team before, its stats and typing just sound really good on paper. Or maybe I've just been influenced by all the OU competitive battles I've been watching recently, haha!

Wash-Rotom is, and I can say this from experience, incredibly strong and extremely useful in any team, even when playing in ubers. It's an exceedingly strong Pokémon that can take down the multitude of enemies. The only problem I really see in it is that its attacks are somewhat reliant on luck. Volt Switch, Hydro Pump and Pain Split all involve elements of luck and if your Rotom gets unlucky, it's not going to fair too well :c Although it is incredibly bulky so it's covered pretty well!

So which Electric types have the best fan art? c:

IMG]http://cdn.g2po.com/Uploads/cant_sleep_jolteon_will_eat_me_by_CombuskensFlame_173_12032011043743.png[/IMG]​

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014

So which Electric types have the best fan art? c:

How could I have forgotten the Pokemon with no weakness??

The first thing that pops into my mind if Pikachu and Joltik family. Pikachu's because it's the mascot, and being the mascot of Pokemon, does get a lot of attention....especially in fan art. As for Joltik....I just see it everywhere. Too much cuteness

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And a random Shinx, since I also tend to see them a lot.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
This club looks like in needs more love. That is what I'm here for.

Name: Starsprite
Partner Pokemon: Marie the Flaaffy

So which Electric types have the best fan art?

I really really really like the fanart for the Mareep line. I think it's absolutely adorable~

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi Starsprite, welcome to the club! So what made you choose Flaffy as your partner? And why do you like Electric types so much? c: The image you linked doesn't work, but I agree that they certainly do have a lot of great fan art!

6edd6dea99961b9a7d52230f5de7f293.jpg

I just absolutely adore the common sparkle in fan art that's applied to its coat - it looks utterly divine. ♥

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well hello there! I chose Flaaffy because...I really don't know. I just love them for no particular reason. It has a lovely colour scheme too, especially with the white on pink.

Well I don't think that there's a single electric type I don't like. In-game they have speed, and I love the designs for all of them, so all around they're my favorite type.

I don't know what's wrong with the image, by the way, since it shows up in my post fine for me. I probably made some mistake typical of new users or something. I have a tendency to do that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ahh nice, those are brilliant reasons to love Electric types. c: I certainly agree with you; their immense speeds and elegant designs truly are something to behold! So which is your favourite Electric type Pokémon? May I assume it's Flaffy or something else? x]

Hmm odd - it's probably just my computer playing up since there's nothing wrong with the code you posted haha. One thing I love about the Electric sheep family is that they're able to have so many different personalities applied to them due to their designs/characters. Eg with Mareep it can look cute, elegant, powerful, silly, or anything you'd like! I really don't think most Pokémon families share this trait. Here are some of my favourite examples c:

Spoiler:

Man this is really making me want to make a Mareep theme... xD

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Oh my~ I don't know that I could pick just one. I am very fond of the little electric sheep though, so I guess it can be my favorite. ♥

I agree. They can fit into so many different portrayals. Although, most portrayals I've seen have Mareep being incredibly fluffy. Not that I'm complaining.

I'm hoping these actually work. xD
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
N'aww, that picture of Mareep and Whimsicott together is adorable! <3 I think that brings up an interesting new topic though :D Do you think Electric types blend well with other types? And if so, which?

I think Electric types don't really blend in naturally with any type other than Flying. Thunder birds and huge monsters (or in Emolga's case squirrels) creating lightning from the sky seems like a perfect image to me that fits perfectly with the concept of Electric types. But unfortunately I can't think of any other types which lend themselves well to the Electric type; it seems to be a very solitary type in this respect. The only other type I'd coin it with is Steel because it makes sense that machines would be capable of producing this kind of electric power, but that's about it. :3 It's interesting though that the majority of Electric types are in fact mono-typed with the minority having dual-types - I think this really beckons the point that Electric Pokémon are a pretty solitary race in terms of type combinations.

KyokuseiXRyusei

DenCabe! :3
Years
UserName- KyokuseiXRyusei
Pokemon Partner- StunFisk

I agree. Electric-Types look better in the sky. For example, Zapdos will always be a favorite of mine. The way streaks of Lightning are slashed across the sky is such a vivid flavor!

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
While I agree that an Electric/Flying type does work, I don't think it's the only blend of types that works. For example, I think they blended Rotom's Ghost and Electric types well, and I imagine a Psychic/Electric type might work out well too. Dragon works too. You can make a dragon out of pretty much anything. Electric and Water, though, is pushing it, as would be Electric and Grass.

I had actually never noticed how solitary Electric types were until just now. The more you know, I guess.

The way streaks of Lightning are slashed across the sky is such a vivid flavor!

You have no idea how much I love the way you worded that~

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
That imagery is certainly stellar~

I agree that Dragon types fit well with Electric considering how dragons are often seen as creatures which can manipulate the elements. Though I don't find the idea of Water/Electric types all too farfetched considering how many fish, such as sharks, can detect electrical fields, while others, like eels, can generate them.

I dunno, I guess it depends on how well the design of the Pokemon blends the two types together. For example, Electric/Ghost on Rotom works quite perfectly together, considering it's a ghost that haunts electrical equipment.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Oh just me popping in and replying two days later~

You know, I actually hadn't thought about how electricity plays its part in the water, so I take back what I said about that. I still hold that a Grass / Electric type would be somewhat disastrous (stun spore or no).

I do, however, think if they come up with more electric types at any point in time they should probably branch out a little.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
UserName- KyokuseiXRyusei
Pokemon Partner- StunFisk

I agree. Electric-Types look better in the sky. For example, Zapdos will always be a favorite of mine. The way streaks of Lightning are slashed across the sky is such a vivid flavor!
Hi there, welcome to the club! Great to see more Electric type fans out there :D So what made you choose Stunfisk as your partner? It's a personal favourite of mine too so I can completely understand why, but I'm curious what you like about it? :D Also wow, you sound just like Cilan at the end there. xD

I do, however, think if they come up with more electric types at any point in time they should probably branch out a little.
I certainly agree. What I'd love to see is a Grass & Electric type, a Poison & Electric type and an Ice & Electric type. Possible also Fire & Electric. The reason I choose these type combinations is due to the way Electric types generally have a huge Special Attack stat and immense speed, the latter of which is an area that most other 'special types' miss out on. I think most deserving of an Electric-type partnership would be Ice since if Ice types gained a bit more agility, they'd be a thousand times more deadly. Plus unleashing a barrage of Electric & Ice type moves will be enough to render any opponent useless; especially helpful in defeating Ground types where the Electric Pokémon normally fall down.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
What I'd love to see is a Grass & Electric type,

Notice how that was the type combination I was just preaching against. xD

I agree that those stat combinations would be interesting to work with, but I just have trouble envisioning what kind of species they would be. I'd say it would take a great deal of creativity to make a Pokemon with some of those type combinations, and people are already complaining that some Pokemon are being based off of things that are 'bizzare' to say the least.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Notice how that was the type combination I was just preaching against. xD
I know haha, I just think the stats would compliment each other well xD

I agree that those stat combinations would be interesting to work with, but I just have trouble envisioning what kind of species they would be. I'd say it would take a great deal of creativity to make a Pokemon with some of those type combinations, and people are already complaining that some Pokemon are being based off of things that are 'bizzare' to say the least.
Ahahah, I cannot agree with this more! xD I think it'd have to do down the Joltik/Galvantula route tbh if we're working with Grass/Electric types. Maybe a an Electric plant or something? xD I just Googled "Electric Flower" and some tbh amazing images came up eg:
Spoiler:

So I think if they based the Pokémon on something as beautiful and powerful as this, it'd work well. Although at the moment all I can think of is a blue Maractus with these flowers on its shoulders shooting electricity so I don't think I'm the best person to answer this lmao.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Although at the moment all I can think of is a blue Maractus with these flowers on its shoulders shooting electricity so I don't think I'm the best person to answer this lmao.

Well they could go more of the Lilligant route (of course I would say that) or even something similar to a Meganium. I looked around for any direct connections between plant life and electricity, and I just couldn't seem to find anything. Okay, so now I want to see an Electric/Grass type just because I'm curious about it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Okay so I've spent a while trying to find connections, and I think I've got one... Bare with me, and look at this image.

Spoiler:

Okay so you're probably thinking "What the heck?", but how about... A SEA ANEMONE THAT SHOOTS FIREWORKS!? ;D I know this is a crazy idea but I mean come on, we've already got an ice cream and a rubbish bag so why not a firework shooting mound of planty fluff? \o/ I dunno, it's the best I can come up with haha. Have you guys got any more concept ideas for Grass/Electric types? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back